Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Ships Ahoy - DiRT 2

AMD announces the Games for Windows Live Edition of Colin McRae DiRT 2 is now available in North American stores. Since this is not Codemasters' announcement of the release, it concentrates more on the game's graphics and DirectX 11 support than the game itself. A playable demo for the Windows edition of the racing sequel was released earlier today.

View
11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

11. Re: Ships Ahoy - DiRT 2 Dec 2, 2009, 13:02 ForgedReality

Forged just got served , next time keep ya flap shut about someone else post or my minions will feast on your sorry ass.

Don't be dumb, spammer. Nobody got "served." Some of your posts were EXACTLY THE SAME, except that you changed the name of the game that reflected that story's subject matter, otherwise, SAME EXACT POST. If you were hired to amp up PR about this game, you suck at it.

Seriously, post once, fine, but post several times ALMOST THE EXACT SAME THING, and it goes beyond fan fare.

Okay, sure, Precursors is an ambitious project, but it doesn't really look all that interesting to me. The videos make it look a little clunky and aged. And if it took them seven years to reach this point, maybe they should assign more designers/developers to the project. I'm sure they had to change engines several times to keep it from looking too outdated, but that fact alone makes me wonder about the overall quality of the game.

Just as how when I played the Dirt2 demo, the bugs, cheating AI, and small issues made me question the quality of the final product. The release date being moved might be related. I hope it is because if the final one has the same issues as the demo, they're in trouble.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

10. Re: Ships Ahoy - DiRT 2 Dec 2, 2009, 12:41 SBlat

Cheese is spamming a whole bunch of threads about Precursors.

That said I have been sort of looking forward to it and am pleased to hear it's coming out. Not because it will be a good game, mind, but it should be pretty hilarious in a B-movie sort of way (unless you've paid more than $5 for it).

These are the same developers who had to release a patch for Boiling Point that included such fixes as "stop jaguars from flying above tree level in the jungle" and "fix the size of the moon". Though the game from Deep Shadows I'm really looking forward to getting an english release is White Gold. After their "success" at discovering Boiling Point was too ambitious a project, they decided to make not one giant open-world game this time, but two, Precursors and White Gold! At the same time! White Gold is a quasi-sequel to Boiling Point, and in an example of how awesome it must be: Sharks are rideable vehicles!

Anyway, about Dirt 2, what's the story about the release dates? It started on the 1st, and then was there an offical push back to Friday? Or the 8th? Or is it just stores started quietly updating their dates?

9. Re: Ships Ahoy - DiRT 2 Dec 2, 2009, 10:16 Cheese

Forged just got served , next time keep ya flap shut about someone else post or my minions will feast on your sorry ass.

good job fells

just remember you heard it from me first about this game.

This comment was edited on Dec 2, 2009, 10:19.

8. Re: Ships Ahoy - DiRT 2 Dec 2, 2009, 08:48 Bumpy

Well AMD/ATI has a copy of the game so to them it's 'shipping'.

Steam people are still banking on Dec 4th but don't think there ever is a Steam release before retail. I bet that gets pushed to the 8th also.

Would be nice to get some sort of official statement of what's going on with Dirt2.

7. Re: Ships Ahoy - DiRT 2 Dec 2, 2009, 08:34 Aganazer

Relax ForgedReality. Precursors looks awesome and I'd be a heluva lot more excited about its release than DiRT 2.  

6. Re: Ships Ahoy - DiRT 2 Dec 2, 2009, 01:02 Jerykk

Precursors actually looks pretty interesting. FPS + space sim + RPG. Rather ambitious. Of course, that leads to concerns that none of those aspects will be particularly good but at least they tried to do something new.  

5. Re: Ships Ahoy - DiRT 2 Dec 2, 2009, 00:43 ForgedReality

No more raceing arghhhh Russobit just released Precursors now this is what we need more of. too bad its only in russian...

Stop spamming this shit in every fucking thread. Nobody cares about some shitty game you found on the internet that nobody else has ever heard of. By the way, I actually hunted it down, and it looks like crap. That thing was in development for SEVEN YEARS? Yeah, you can stop posting about it now.

4. Re: Ships Ahoy - DiRT 2 Dec 1, 2009, 22:26 wtf_man

Unfortunately, the DX11 shots don't look all that much different than the DX9 shots. Certainly nothing you'd really notice in a fast paced game.

/sigh

In case you missed the "Evening Tech Bits link"...
http://www.bit-tech.net/gaming/pc/2009/12/01/directx-11-performance-first-look-dirt-2/1

3. Re: Ships Ahoy - DiRT 2 Dec 1, 2009, 22:26 Cheese

No more raceing arghhhh Russobit just released Precursors now this is what we need more of. too bad its only in russian...  

2. Re: Ships Ahoy - DiRT 2 Dec 1, 2009, 22:04 eRe4s3r

True, pc release is delayed to 8th dec... guess nobody gave AMD PR drone the memo  

1. Re: Ships Ahoy - DiRT 2 Dec 1, 2009, 21:32 A51Abductee

Looks like someone forgot to tell AMD/ATI that its release been delayed a week.  

11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo