Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Deus Ex 3 a PC Exclusive?

In a report about a story on Edge Online about Deus Ex 3, bit-tech.net adds the following statement: "It has been confirmed that the game is a cyberpunk prequel to the first game though and that it won't be getting a console release due to the complexity of the game," though the source of this information about the action/RPG sequel is not listed. If true, PC exclusivity would certainly be in line with Eidos Montreal's prior statement that Deus Ex 3 will be more like the original Deus Ex. The comment is not part of the Edge Online story, which is about Square Enix doing the cinematics for the game: "Deus Ex 3 is going to be the first project which will be a concrete product of joint effort between Square Enix and Eidos," says Eidos Montreal's Stephane D'Astous. "The cinematics—by which I mean any CGI pre-rendered cinematics — are going to be done in Tokyo by Square Enix, and that's going to be amazing." Thanks Caveman.

View
55 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

15. Re: Deus Ex 3 a PC Exclusive? Nov 25, 2009, 19:01 Creston

Awesome. Now please be good.

The whole prequel thing still has me a bit bummed though...

Creston

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Re: Game Reviews Nov 25, 2009, 18:52 Icewind

Yeah...this has to be too good to be true...but if it IS true, I urge all of you PC Gamers (who care) to BUY the damned game and not pirate it! Show these fucking console deserter developer fuckholes that we are still a viable market... (Smiley face omitted because it's incredibly pathetic)

If it's a good game, PC Gamers will buy it. I'm not going to buy a shitty game just to "show them". They'll still not give a shit about us no matter how good the sales are. One game won't change anything.

If it *IS* like the first Deus Ex, sure, I'll buy it. As will many other PC Gamers.

13. Re: Game Reviews Nov 25, 2009, 18:47 rist3903

I will definitely purchase this game. Looking forward to it!  

12. Re: Deus Ex 3 a PC Exclusive? Nov 25, 2009, 18:45 StingingVelvet

I reallllllly doubt it.

Maybe the console version will come later, or maybe the console version will be somewhat different but use the same assets, like GRAW for instance, but they will have to get some console money to support the game.

11. Re: Game Reviews Nov 25, 2009, 18:31 Wag

Dedicated servers?

Eh? As I recall the 1st game was single player only. Why would it have the need for dedicated servers?

10. Re: Game Reviews Nov 25, 2009, 18:30 Roachmojo

Yeah...this has to be too good to be true...but if it IS true, I urge all of you PC Gamers (who care) to BUY the damned game and not pirate it! Show these fucking console deserter developer fuckholes that we are still a viable market...

This comment was edited on Nov 25, 2009, 18:33.

9. Re: Game Reviews Nov 25, 2009, 18:18 BobBob

Dedicated servers?  

8. Re: Deus Ex 3 a PC Exclusive? Nov 25, 2009, 18:04 Kxmode

NERDJOY  

7. Re: Deus Ex 3 a PC Exclusive? Nov 25, 2009, 17:53 Acleacius

Highly doubtful, even if initial release is PC, they are using the Unreal engine iirc and they could scale it down. Now if the intent is to make the best game possible first then go to console, damn that would be very impressive and hard to believe.  
The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

6. Re: Deus Ex 3 a PC Exclusive? Nov 25, 2009, 17:52 Sepharo

I'm finding it hard to be cynical.

If this is true it's great news.

Now let's hope it will actually be good.

5. Re: Deus Ex 3 a PC Exclusive? Nov 25, 2009, 17:51 Elf Shot The Food

I seriously doubt it.  

4. Re: Deus Ex 3 a PC Exclusive? Nov 25, 2009, 17:44 everyone

I find this awfully hard to believe. Though I certainly hope it's true.  

3. Re: Deus Ex 3 a PC Exclusive? Nov 25, 2009, 17:39 NKD

Interesting.  

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.

2. Re: Deus Ex 3 a PC Exclusive? Nov 25, 2009, 17:17 Dr. D. Schreber

Now, if only there can be some assurance that they've managed to come up with a plot that is both awesome and capable of fitting before the first game takes place...

This comment was edited on Nov 25, 2009, 17:18.

NOT THE BEES! NOT THE BEES THEY'RE IN MY EYES AARRGRHGHGGAFHGHFGHFG!

1. Re: Deus Ex 3 a PC Exclusive? Nov 25, 2009, 17:17 Ravenrex

About damn time. No damn consolitis to ruin a potentially good game.  

"Any sufficiently advanced
technology is indistinguishable
from magic."
--Clarke's Third Law

55 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo