Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Far Cry 3 Confirmed

Computer and Video Games quotes Ubisoft writer Kevin Shortt speaking with Official PlayStation Magazine saying Far Cry 3 looks "pretty exciting," confirming development of a third installment in this first-person shooter series. "No I'm not," the writer replied when asked if he was working on Far Cry 3 during a junket for Avatar. "But I know the team are and what I've seen looks pretty exciting."

View
52 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

12. Re: Far Cry 3 Confirmed Nov 25, 2009, 00:07 Shataan

Wel;l, I liked Farcry, hated FC2. If FC3 follows FC2, it`s a no sale for me.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: Far Cry 3 Confirmed Nov 24, 2009, 23:28 StingingVelvet

Hopefully they learn how to program and stop making crappy console ports.

I stopped playing the game after a day when I exhausted every idea myself and the internet could think of to get rid of the mouse lag.

It was actually devoloped on PC first unlike most games and the port to console was lacking in several ways from what I have read, notably the lack of quicksave. The only problem I ever had with mouse aim in the game was that it was very hard to keep a steady framerate in Far Cry 2, it would bounce for me from 60fps down to 30fps quite often, for no real reason. This made mouse aim a little laggy, as it would for any game. I played around with settings but never found a way to have locked 60fps... sad but true for a lot of games now-a-days.

10. Re: Far Cry 3 Confirmed Nov 24, 2009, 22:56 Tumbler

I wonder if Far Cry 2 would start selling again if they fixed those checkpoints so they stopped re-spawning. That made me quit the game about 20 min in. I figured they'd patch it out eventually and I could go back and play it...but wtf? I hope they've learned from that ridiculous mistake.  
99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

9. Re: Far Cry 3 Confirmed Nov 24, 2009, 22:09 Wowbagger_TIP

Hands down, the instantly re-spawning checkpoint guards completely ruined the game. Even then, had they made the game even the slightest bit moddable, this could have easily been remedied. Thank you, closed console design.

This.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

8. Re: Far Cry 3 Confirmed Nov 24, 2009, 21:35 Reactor

Problems and all, I really enjoyed Farcry 2. Hopefully 3 will be even more of an improvement.  

7. Re: Far Cry 3 Confirmed Nov 24, 2009, 21:30 FLY

Loved the map editor in Farcry 2. Brilliant stuff simple to use. Would be great to see that evolve into a multiplayer/co-op type map editor, where you could invite others to help construct maps. The environmental effects were neat i.e the whole "fire" effect.

As for the 3rd game, hope Ubisoft gets back to it's roots and elaborate more on the first Farcry. Imo Farcry 2 should have never been named such, it had NOTHING to do with the first one. Hope Farcry 3 doesn't go 3rd person perspective. Although Assassins Creed 2 is an amazing game, (on console) the idea MIGHT work.

6. Re: Far Cry 3 Confirmed Nov 24, 2009, 21:23 Prez

Hands down, the instantly re-spawning checkpoint guards completely ruined the game. Even then, had they made the game even the slightest bit moddable, this could have easily been remedied. Thank you, closed console design.  

Goodbye my Monte boy. May you rest in the peace you never knew in life.

5. Re: Far Cry 3 Confirmed Nov 24, 2009, 21:17 Icewind

I remember they were pretty confrontational about it as well, insisting the player was "playing wrong" if they were annoyed by the endless checkpoints, for example.

Whomever said that should be shot in the head.

Or at the very least, driven out of town and never allowed to become involved in game design again.

4. Re: Far Cry 3 Confirmed Nov 24, 2009, 21:12 Parallax Abstraction

Turn off anti-aliasing. And I know after one of the recent patches, the problem was completely resolved for me.

I hope Far Cry 3 is to Far Cry 2 what Assassin's Creed II was to AC1. Basically, now that they've got the tech down, they focus less on that and more on actual gameplay. From what I've read, AC2 took the original game's formula and greatly expanded on it, making it a game that people who hated the first one now like. If they can do the same here, it could be awesome.

Parallax Abstraction
Geek Bravado | YouTube (Watch/Rate/Comment on my shows!)

3. Re: Far Cry 3 Confirmed Nov 24, 2009, 21:03 necrosis

Hopefully they learn how to program and stop making crappy console ports.

I stopped playing the game after a day when I exhausted every idea myself and the internet could think of to get rid of the mouse lag.

2. Re: Far Cry 3 Confirmed Nov 24, 2009, 20:37 Wildone

Lets hope they take advantage of that open world this time, I just got bored doing the same thing over & over and it felt pretty lifeless too, hardly any other animals or people around in the world.  

1. Re: Far Cry 3 Confirmed Nov 24, 2009, 20:29 StingingVelvet

2 had all these annoying aspects to it that really ruined the amazing looking world they built. I remember they were pretty confrontational about it as well, insisting the player was "playing wrong" if they were annoyed by the endless checkpoints, for example.

I liked the game but it definately was lacking because of these annoyances. I hope despite their denial they learned something from the experience.

52 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo