Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Napoleon: Total War Imperial Edition Revealed

The Napoleon: Total War Preorder Page has a listing for an Imperial Edition of the upcoming strategy game sequel. Word is: "The Imperial edition is the collector's version of Napoleon: Total War. The box version contains the full game in a special premium packaging, complete with an illustrated wallchart biography of Napoleon Bonaparte and a STEAM unlock code that can be used to download two exclusive unit packs." Thanks Voodoo Extreme.

View
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

7. Re: Napoleon: Total War Imperial Edition Revealed Nov 25, 2009, 15:24 Prez

Are sales totals ever released any more? They don't seem to be very often, unless some publisher wants you to orgasm over the 50 billion units they sold in the first 3 minutes.

As far as Empire, I was a bit cool to it at first, but after playing it for a while, it is my favorite. The Steam thing was irrelevant to me; I had planned on getting it on Steam from the start anyway.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: Napoleon: Total War Imperial Edition Revealed Nov 25, 2009, 10:00 everyone

Were sales figures ever released for Empire: total war? It was the first total war game I passed on. The combination of requiring steam activation and trying to charge people $20.00 extra for a few "special" units made the decision quite easy.  

5. Re: Napoleon: Total War Imperial Edition Revealed Nov 25, 2009, 08:26 BeefJerky

I never have and never will buy any of the extra junk, but enough people clearly do, or they wouldn't keep releasing it. That's my gripe.  

4. Re: Napoleon: Total War Imperial Edition Revealed Nov 25, 2009, 06:55 Armengar

agreed, there are quite a few mods out there for all the TW series, you dont NEED to buy "premium content" but for those people who want polished campaigns or extra models then here you go.

Choice is better than no choice.

Its not the cough that carries you off but the coffin they carry you off in.

3. Re: Napoleon: Total War Imperial Edition Revealed Nov 25, 2009, 03:59 NKD

Booster packs, DLC, special collector edition units et al can all go jump off a cliff.

Then don't buy them. People do a lot of bitching about optional shit.

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.

2. Re: Napoleon: Total War Imperial Edition Revealed Nov 24, 2009, 21:08 Prez

It's just par for the course nowadays. As much as I agree that it sucks, it helps just to come to terms with it and move on. Mostly, it's just a matter of refusing to be nickled and dimed to death and ignoring the extra stuff.

This comment was edited on Nov 24, 2009, 21:09.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

1. Re: Napoleon: Total War Imperial Edition Revealed Nov 24, 2009, 20:38 BeefJerky

I love how units and maps, which years ago would have been included in the game/1st patch without a second thought, are now being sold seperately.

Booster packs, DLC, special collector edition units et al can all go jump off a cliff.

7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo