Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Aion Update Video

A new Aion "Vision Trailer" on the YouTube shows off a number of changes planned for NCsoft's MMORPG, including revamped visuals, swimming, underwater cities, mounts, new skills, and more. Thanks Steve O.

View
10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

10. Re: Aion Update Video Nov 24, 2009, 20:55 Talisorn

Ok I am a whore for environmental FX, and the whole snow/water thing almost has me sold to at least try it out.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I'm with stupid.

This comment was edited on Nov 24, 2009, 20:57.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: Aion Update Video Nov 24, 2009, 18:45 Ruffiana

You don't get the appeal, therefore it's bad. The gaming community couldn't possibly be made up of millions of human beings, with radically different things that they find enjoyable or rewarding.  

8. Re: Aion Update Video Nov 24, 2009, 18:17 XM-S

Its always a bad sign when the frame rate looks shitty even in the promotional video.

And really, the game might be good if they erase the whole ungodly painful level grinding and just launch the end game.

I don't understand the concept of making it painfully un-fun to get to the good parts. Except that idiots keep resubscribing for the privilege of being tortured with bad game design.

7. Re: Aion Update Video Nov 24, 2009, 17:34 The Half Elf

Ok I am a whore for environmental FX, and the whole snow/water thing almost has me sold to at least try it out.

While it's a beautiful game, I wonder how the framerates hold up.

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

6. Re: Aion Update Video Nov 24, 2009, 17:32 Talisorn

The graphics got a bit of a overhaul. Have they gone upgraded to DX10 or something?  

5. Re: Aion Update Video Nov 24, 2009, 17:15 z0dd

AION, NOW WITH MORE BOT SUPPORT!!!!!!!!
Crap company = crap game

4. Re: Aion Update Video Nov 24, 2009, 16:27 Will W

I haven't had to mob-grind much in Champions Online.

This post is about Aion, not Champion's Online, did you just write the wrong game title or post on the wrong article?

3. Re: Aion Update Video Nov 24, 2009, 14:21 kanniballl

I haven't had to mob-grind much in Champions Online. Save for the 1-2 perks I shot for when I realized I was already 1/2 or 3/4 there.

People were complaining about the lack of missions early on. Perhaps they were right, but I've started a few characters in the last few weeks and haven't run out of content for them so either I know where to look or they added some more.

Besides, the only thing forth "buying" with the in-game gold are respecs / retcons. Everything else is just craft-able.

This comment was edited on Nov 24, 2009, 14:22.

"Space. It seems to go on and on forever. But then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you."
-Fry, Futurama

2. Re: Aion Update Video Nov 24, 2009, 14:03 XM-S

And just think, in order to access all this new content all you need to do is repetitively kill tens of thousands of bland NPCs.

I chucked the game at level 22 when my quest log was empty of anything other than "repeatable" quests, and math told me I needed over 500 kills merely to advance to 23, where there was perhaps two more quests waiting for me before I return to the same repeatable quests, now worth even LESS xp than before.

The game is not overrun with bots because of "gold" farmers. Its overrun by bots being operated by regular players that want to progress but are bored to tears of the grind. Even the most hardcore guilds have adopted an open acceptance of bot grinding in this one.

Shame. Aion appears to have a lot going for it. But its simply not accessible to the average gamer.

1. Re: Aion Update Video Nov 24, 2009, 12:44 DarkV

NP Blue. I figured i'd owed you one after the bum info I sent about the SW MMO. Anywho....the video looks sweet. Just to add to what blue wrote....Player housing, seiges, tameable mounts, fighting mounts, ect  

10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo