Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Warcraft 4 Probably Years Off

The World of Warcraft interview on AusGamers.com talks with Blizzard's J. Allen Brack about World of Warcraft on the occasion of the MMOG's fifth anniversary and the 15th anniversary of the original Warcraft. When asked about plans for Warcraft 4, J. says that while it is not set in stone that the same team that made Warcraft III work on the next installment in the RTS series, "it does sort of make sense" to do it that way, which would mean the next Warcraft game is a ways off: "Warcraft 4 is certainly something that gets talked about on a pretty regular basis," Brack explained, but his next revelation throws a bit of a spanner in the works - the team that worked on Warcraft 3 is actually the same team that is working on StarCraft 2! While I think we're all excited about a Warcraft 4, in concept, they're going to finish up StarCraft 2, and then they're going to work on the two StarCraft expansions that we've announced, so they're booked for the next few years."

View
16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

16. Re: Warcraft 4 Probably Years Off Nov 25, 2009, 10:46 Kxmode

Bah. Real gamers still have their boxed retail copies. :)

Or the copy they obtained illegally from co-workers for after-work LAN skirmishes. What?! Don't look at me like that!

This comment was edited on Nov 25, 2009, 10:46.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

15. Re: Warcraft 4 Probably Years Off Nov 23, 2009, 20:50 Scottish Martial Arts

Yeah, I just wanted everything under the b.net store, since I can login and download my other blizz games from there.

Bah. Real gamers still have their boxed retail copies.

This comment was edited on Nov 23, 2009, 20:51.

14. Re: Warcraft 4 Probably Years Off Nov 23, 2009, 16:57 Sempai

Um..DUH!

Why is this even news worthy?..

13. Re: Warcraft 4 Probably Years Off Nov 23, 2009, 16:37 nin

The B.net edition works fine on Windows 7 for me. Not sure about my originals. They are probably lost anyway. WC1 works fine via DosBOX. Not exactly what you wanted, but I thought it was worth mentioning.

Yeah, I just wanted everything under the b.net store, since I can login and download my other blizz games from there.

But thank you!

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

12. Re: Warcraft 4 Probably Years Off Nov 23, 2009, 16:36 LittleMe

It's already been over seven years since WC3 came out. That's plenty of time for interest to wane already. No? Maybe not.  

Political freedom can only be preceded by economic freedom which is preceded by monetary freedom.

11. Re: Warcraft 4 Probably Years Off Nov 23, 2009, 16:29 MattyC

"Really wish they'd get the first 2 Warcraft games running with modern OSs and offer them on the Blizzard store."

You can't get them from the B.net store, but you can pick them up at plenty of other places. The B.net edition works fine on Windows 7 for me. Not sure about my originals. They are probably lost anyway. WC1 works fine via DosBOX. Not exactly what you wanted, but I thought it was worth mentioning.

10. Re: Warcraft 4 Probably Years Off Nov 23, 2009, 15:46 DukeFNukem

Sweet. Im just happy to know its going to happen. God forbid they waste 3-5 years creating another boring MMO title that I refuse to pay for. Not only do I refuse to pay for the inital software investment but the monthly fee as well. If they would give their crappy software away for free they might get more subscribers. Im not saying they are hurting for subscribers or anything but it might get something out of a few people who would never buy the game just to have to pay more money to play it. The monthly fee kills it for me personally. I want Warcraft 4 first. And who cares about whether its a new IP if its fun. Warcraft III is probably the greatest videogame ever created in terms of replayability and quality.

This comment was edited on Nov 23, 2009, 16:14.

Just because you aren't afraid of something doesn't it mean it can't kill you...

9. Re: Warcraft 4 Probably Years Off Nov 23, 2009, 15:00 Hump

Their nextgen MMO is a brand-new IP.

which is years off.....

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

8. Re: Warcraft 4 Probably Years Off Nov 23, 2009, 14:59 Cutter

Yeah, if they haven't started it it'll be more like 7. In other words don't hold your breath.  

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

7. Re: Warcraft 4 Probably Years Off Nov 23, 2009, 14:39 nin

No shit. Starcraft 2 is probably years off.

Warcraft 4 Probably Years Decades Off

6. Re: Warcraft 4 Probably Years Off Nov 23, 2009, 14:25 Prez

No shit. Starcraft 2 is probably years off.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

5. Re: Warcraft 4 Probably Years Off Nov 23, 2009, 12:36 Kxmode

HEY Blizzard how about a NEW IP?

Their nextgen MMO is a brand-new IP.

4. Re: Warcraft 4 Probably Years Off Nov 23, 2009, 12:06 Umbragen

Years off? Shouldn't they be hyping the shit out of it already?  

3. Re: Warcraft 4 Probably Years Off Nov 23, 2009, 11:54 nin

Not surprising.

Really wish they'd get the first 2 Warcraft games running with modern OSs and offer them on the Blizzard store.

2. Re: Warcraft 4 Probably Years Off Nov 23, 2009, 11:53 Techie714 ©

I'm calling it, Warcraft 4 2016!

HEY Blizzard how about a NEW IP?

Steam (ID)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/techie714/
DEAD SH0T
Keep your privacy!
http://prism-break.org/

1. Re: Warcraft 4 Probably Years Off Nov 23, 2009, 11:47 Kxmode

They probably get bored with a project and likely want to go in a whole new direction. Having three IPs like Diablo, Warcraft, and Starcraft gives them great variety to mix things up. I'd imagine after working on a gritty world like StarCraft 2, they'll be ready to revisit Warcraft.  

16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo