Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Warlords Battlecry III and Impulse Follow-up

Stardock boss Brad Wardell follows up on yesterday's story about a complaint about Warlords Battlecry III purchased on Impulse not working properly. On further investigation, they have found the problem, and have replaced the version of the game on Impulse with a patched version that addresses the problem and adds some new content. Here's word:

As mentioned yesterday, the Consumerist never contacted Stardock or the game’s publisher Enlight about it. When I got your email I asked our Director of Publishing about it who reported what Enlight had told them.

However, I tried t he game myself and while the game does work, the random function is broken. This initially had been believed to be an issue on Vista and Windows 7 but it happens on Windows XP. Further investigation led us to discover that the latest official version of the game has this problem and that it is caused because when the developer removed SecuRom from the game a few years ago it triggered this.

We informed Enlight of this problem and they told us they were unaware of this issue and gave us the okay to find a way to fix the issue for Impulse customers. To that end, this evening we released an update to Warlords Battlecry 3 that incorporates a host of updates that were created by fans of the game.

In addition to addressing the problem mentioned on the forums it also adds:

- New Ogre playable faction
- New Goblin playable faction
- New Dragon playable faction
- 24 new Hero avatars
- Ships added for each race
- New terrain mini pack
- Four new Campaign locations on the world map
- New Event conditions
- New Hero classes: Tyrant, Horde Master, Dwarf Master, Wizard
- New Magic Spheres: Time Magic, Goblin Magic, Light Magic, Dwarf Magic - Lots of new skills for new items
- Three new Lair types
- 236 new Hero Portraits

View
7. Re: Warlords Battlecry III and Impulse Follow-up Nov 21, 2009, 12:40 ColoradoHoudini

Back in the day, I much preferred this game over the Warcraft series. Much better hero units, way more units, native defenses, lots of skills/power ups.. the retinue.. and taking your hero from campaign to skirmish..
I'd throw $35 at a sequel without hesitation.

Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Nov 20, 22:31 Re: Warlords Battlecry III and Impulse Follow-up Grendle
  2. Nov 20, 23:43  Re: Warlords Battlecry III and Impulse Follow-up Prez
  3. Nov 20, 23:59   Re: Warlords Battlecry III and Impulse Follow-up nin
  4. Nov 21, 00:14    Re: Warlords Battlecry III and Impulse Follow-up Prez
  5. Nov 21, 00:18     Re: Warlords Battlecry III and Impulse Follow-up nin
  6. Nov 21, 00:19      Re: Warlords Battlecry III and Impulse Follow-up Prez
>> 7. Nov 21, 12:40       Re: Warlords Battlecry III and Impulse Follow-up ColoradoHoudini
  8. Dec 5, 23:45 Re: Warlords Battlecry III and Impulse Follow-up ahatch

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo