Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

We had a pretty serious thunderstorm last night, a very unusual event for late November in the northeast, when a blizzard would be more expected. I spent a couple of hours comforting Hudson the wonder dog as the storms always freak her out, and the poor thing was shaking from head to toe. Now I get to learn the pain of trying to get over a sleep-deprived night without the benefit of coffee. Ouch.

Thunderous Links: Thanks Ant and Mike Martinez.
Play: Forever Samurai.
Link: Honest HBO Warnings.
Stories: The Real Fred Flintstone. Thanks Devicer.
TRON Legacy Producer on Preserving the Original TRON dna and More.
No Dope- Ft. Lauderdale Man to Smoke 115,000th Joint.
Science: Tests loom for record solar plane.
Study Shows Memories May Be Enhanced By Sleep.
Pelittaako's photosets. With classic C-64 Ads. Thanks Rapsunapsu via eDome.
Media: What if Earth had rings like Saturn?
Guns 'n Gardens: How to Survive the Zombie Apocalypse.
So You Cant Afford a Moving Truck !! OK.
Auctions: Ultimate NVIDIA 3D Vision Gaming PC - Charity Auction.
The Funnies: xkcd.

View
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

8. classic C-64 Ads Nov 20, 2009, 17:16 skyguy

I had both the joystick and fastload cartridge:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/pelittaako/4111364075/in/set-72157622697662701/

I vaguely remember the joystick being unreliable, I recall spending most of the time using a more classic joystick with four suckers on the bottom. As for the fastload cartridge, I don't think it worked with Microprose games, so I rarely used it.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 20, 2009, 16:34 xXBatmanXx

Goddamn, this sounds awesome...but it's to the point now where my expectations are so high, I fear it won't meet them. Not because it won't be good, but because it sounds/looks so amazing, from what I've seen.

In the same boat. I have avoided most of the stuff, as I want to really enjoy it.....want it to be good....PLEASE BE GOOD!!!!

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

6. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 20, 2009, 14:14 Creston

Goddamn, this sounds awesome...but it's to the point now where my expectations are so high, I fear it won't meet them. Not because it won't be good, but because it sounds/looks so amazing, from what I've seen.

Tron Legacy looks fucking awesome, but one thing REALLY bothered me, and that was the speed at which the lightcycles moved. I mean, come on, fellas, these things are supposed to be zooming around at the equivalent of 300mph. In the one lightcycle video that I saw, they were going about 35mph.

Lightcycles aren't impressive if they're going at Grandma In Her Buick speeds...

Still, I can't even put into words how excited I am for Legacy.

Daft Punk doing the score is just icing on the cake.

Creston

5. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 20, 2009, 12:33 Kxmode

Didnt drink a single cup today, I feel like total shit.....

That's call withdrawal. You'll get over by day two, and then you'll feel very good being caffeine free.

4. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 20, 2009, 11:59 mch

Had a bit of a late thunderstorm down here in MD/DC as well. Glad my pooches handle it well  
PSN: CaseDesignate

3. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 20, 2009, 10:23 nin

Thanks for the read!

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

2. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 20, 2009, 10:15 kanniballl

Down by me in NJ we had rain; nothing too heavy but definitely more than a drizzle.

But all of a sudden there was a very loud boom, not a nearby crack of thunder but a heavy-bass roar. It caught me off guard as I'd checked the weather map around then and only saw green for rain, no yellow/red usually associated with thunderstorms. My brother joked that it was either thunder or something blew up.

We had a little bit of thunder sometime afterwards, but it was quiet and you could barely hear it unless we opened the outside door.

I agree that in late November this isn't exactly the norm.

"Space. It seems to go on and on forever. But then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you."
-Fry, Futurama

1. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 20, 2009, 10:12 InBlack

Didnt drink a single cup today, I feel like total shit..... Coffee

This comment was edited on Nov 20, 2009, 10:13.

I have a nifty blue line!

8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo