Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days Announced

IO Interactive announces Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days, an action sequel planned for Windows, Xbox 360, and PlayStation 3 next year. Word is:

Wednesday 18th November/...IO Interactive, part of Square Enix Europe is pleased to confirm that Kane & Lynch 2™: Dog Days is coming to PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and Windows PC in 2010.

Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days is a raw and brutal crime shooter designed to take players on an even more intense story experience, following two of gaming’s most disturbed criminals, through the gritty Shanghai underworld.

Introducing a new visual experience, Kane & Lynch 2™: Dog Days is inspired by documentary filmmakers and the user-generated era. Every aspect of the game has been designed to deliver a fresh perspective to the words ‘intensity’ and ‘realism’ in video games.

“Gamers are always looking for something new and that is exactly what they are going to get with Kane & Lynch 2™: Dog Days,” said Niels Jørgensen, general manager of IO Interactive. “A special thanks to gamers worldwide for their feedback. They are certainly in for a shock as we, with immense pride, welcome back our two dear, violent and somewhat unfortunate friends.”

Kane & Lynch 2™: Dog Days will be released on the EIDOS games label and will be coming in 2010.

Please visit www.KaneandLynch.com for updates

View
19 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

19. Re: Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days Announced Nov 19, 2009, 06:57 Slink

People who call it the "worst game ever made" clearly haven't played it. Yeah, it wasn't life-changing or anything, but it was actually fairly entertaining.  
My Steam Community link:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/slinkfsu
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

18. Re: Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days Announced Nov 18, 2009, 20:39 tuddies

Dont blame the developers for your pile of shit keyboard. Who would want to control the volume by their keyboard anyway? Supergay.  

17. Re: Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days Announced Nov 18, 2009, 20:04 Sty

I suppose it would be too much to ask for the developers to learn how to program worth a damn? Both K&L and Mini Ninjas froze every 3-4 seconds - whether in the menu, cinematics or in-game - due to not liking the volume control on my keyboard. Both games were entirely crippled because of... my keyboard. Seriously, guys? Pathetic.

Yup, anyone with a Saitek keyboard is screwed. Funny thing was, I didn't have the problem with the games before Kane and Lynch, so it was something they introduced into the control scheme. Most likely the X-Box controller support.

You know selling dlc before you patch the client doesn't impress upon me the need to support your shit. -massdev

16. Re: Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days Announced Nov 18, 2009, 20:01 Dr. D. Schreber

I'll pass and wait for The 40th Day. Salem and Rios' rampant homoeroticism was much more appealing to me the gameplay was more enjoyable.  

NOT THE BEES! NOT THE BEES THEY'RE IN MY EYES AARRGRHGHGGAFHGHFGHFG!

15. Re: Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days Announced Nov 18, 2009, 19:39 theyarecomingforyou

I suppose it would be too much to ask for the developers to learn how to program worth a damn? Both K&L and Mini Ninjas froze every 3-4 seconds - whether in the menu, cinematics or in-game - due to not liking the volume control on my keyboard. Both games were entirely crippled because of... my keyboard. Seriously, guys? Pathetic.  

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

14. Re: Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days Announced Nov 18, 2009, 17:35 Prez

I wonder who is going to be brave enough to do this one's review at Gamespot.

Random Gamespot reviewer: "Hey boss what title do I need to review this week?"
Gamespot Overlord: "Kane and Lynch 2"
Random Gamespot reviewer: "10! It's a 10!!!"

This comment was edited on Nov 18, 2009, 17:40.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

13. Re: Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days Announced Nov 18, 2009, 12:49 bcanceldirt

Sign me up. I'm a sucker for pretty much any co-op game. Despite all the issues with the first game, the set pieces sold me on it. The Heat shootout on the streets, as well as the one in the club were worth the price of admission alone. Realizing that I had just shot up a bank full of civilians and seeing the cops with actual pig-heads while playing as the mentally unstable guy was a nice touch, too.

I think IO has run out of Michael Mann movies to borrow from though. Last of the Mohicans style flashback, maybe?

12. Re: Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days Announced Nov 18, 2009, 12:28 vermin

heh. the game wasn't even bad, it was ok. nothing too offensive. the story and characters sucked, but the game itself was fun. some really nice scenarios for the first half of the game. it was definitely worth playing through, although the freedom fighters style levels kind of dragged on a bit. nice ending. definitely enjoyed playing through it. more so than a reviewer favourite like uncharted2.  

11. Re: Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days Announced Nov 18, 2009, 12:26 Jerykk

Where's Hitman 5?  

10. Re: Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days Announced Nov 18, 2009, 12:20 StingingVelvet

I liked it, I beat it. The Michael Mann tone of the game added a lot to it.  

9. Re: Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days Announced Nov 18, 2009, 11:37 Gentle Nova

I think it will do exceptionally well because there will be so much nostalgia and hype about how crappy a game it was, everyone will want to try it out to see if it lives up to the original.  

8. Re: Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days Announced Nov 18, 2009, 11:29 nin

Lets take bets on who is going to get fired for reviewing this game and putting it in the 'pile of shit' category.

Dammit, you beat me to it.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

7. Re: Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days Announced Nov 18, 2009, 11:25 necrosis

Lets take bets on who is going to get fired for reviewing this game and putting it in the 'pile of shit' category.  

6. Re: Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days Announced Nov 18, 2009, 11:05 osage no onna

I wonder if Gerstmann will do the review for Giant Bomb.  

5. Re: Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days Announced Nov 18, 2009, 10:56 Ecthelion

I played it on Gametap, so it was basically free. I actually enjoyed it, although not nearly as much as the Hitman games. This could be good if they put some effort into it.

My biggest concern is that the ending of the first game didn't leave much room for a sequel in my mind.

4. Re: Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days Announced Nov 18, 2009, 10:40 Kxmode

If at first you don't succeed try, try again.  

3. Re: Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days Announced Nov 18, 2009, 10:26 Eldaron Imotholin

8 dollars is too much for that pile of crap...

Hell, I wouldn't even wanna play it when I get payed for it...

Playing: Skyrim, World of Warcraft.
Future: Dead Space 3.

2. Re: Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days Announced Nov 18, 2009, 10:19 xXBatmanXx

I played through it....and other than the horrid controls, I have played a LOT worse. Of course, I pride myself on getting games at a steal, so only having paid 8.00 for the game - I wasn't all that upset.  

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

1. Re: Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days Announced Nov 18, 2009, 10:16 Grounded

Ah a sequel to one of the worst games ever, the infamous GAMESPOT GATE.

Cant wait to see this come around

19 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo