Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Free MechWarrior 4 Status

The MekTek.net Development Page has a status report on the planned free release of MechWarrior 4 (thanks Hump). There have been some complications, but there still is optimism that a release nears:

The Mechwarrior4 FREE release is still currently to be announced. MekTek had hoped to gain permission for the release while visiting Smith and Tinker, Inc. in Seattle this week. However, we have learned that Microsoft has endured several administrative changes which currently impede the release. The good news, however, is that a meeting to finalize the release is scheduled near the American Thanks Giving Holiday. Smith and Tinker said that it will only take 1-2 more days before permission is granted. From MekTek, we are happy to report that the release is ready and awaiting permission to push that big shiny green release button at MekTek headquarters.

View
34 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

34. Re: Free MechWarrior 4 Status Nov 16, 2009, 21:25 Kxmode

It's because I used "thy" isn't it?!  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

33. Re: Free MechWarrior 4 Status Nov 16, 2009, 20:35 nin

I like mine better.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

32. Re: Free MechWarrior 4 Status Nov 16, 2009, 20:04 Kxmode

Heavenly Fucker has a plan for you Hellbinder! Drop to your knees and open your mouth in praise!

I'd imagine during ancient times, when cultures were more fearful of deities, they said something like, "Oh lovely Aphrodite! Oh mighty Mars! Thy life is forfeit! Into your hands I commit my soul!"

Or something like that...

31. Re: Free MechWarrior 4 Status Nov 16, 2009, 17:49 Jeraxle

Just thought that now would be the time to quote Blue's forum rules.. Not sure but I think pretty much the entire thread has borked at least one of them...

What are the ground rules for forum posts?
The idea behind the news forum is to provide a place to discuss gaming news. There are very few hard and fast rules. Here they are:

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated. Treat others as you want to be treated.
2. Do not post links to warez sites or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
3. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.
4. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.

Adding signatures to message boards since October 7th, 2012.

30. Re: Free MechWarrior 4 Status Nov 16, 2009, 16:41 nin

They also scream 'Oh Fuck'. Are you telling me that there is a deity named 'Fuck' as well?

Yes. The Greeks called her Aphrodite, while the Romans called him Mars.

No, no, no...I want the specific name "Fuck". As in:

"Oh holy Fuck..."
"Dear Fucker..."
"Heavenly Fucker..."

etc, etc...

Heavenly Fucker has a plan for you Hellbinder! Drop to your knees and open your mouth in praise!

29. Re: Free MechWarrior 4 Status Nov 16, 2009, 16:28 Kxmode

They also scream 'Oh Fuck'. Are you telling me that there is a deity named 'Fuck' as well?

Yes. The Greeks called her Aphrodite, while the Romans called him Mars.

This comment was edited on Nov 16, 2009, 16:30.

28. Re: Free MechWarrior 4 Status Nov 16, 2009, 15:47 nin

Are you telling me that there is a deity named 'Fuck' as well?

That would be cool, actually.

27. Re: Free MechWarrior 4 Status Nov 16, 2009, 15:35 The Raven

They also scream 'Oh Fuck'. Are you telling me that there is a deity named 'Fuck' as well? Because that's about the level of proof you've provided for God.  

Dreaming Demon, formerly Tikatt, formerly The Raven

26. Re: Free MechWarrior 4 Status Nov 16, 2009, 13:18 Kxmode

You think you have the right to judge others, in place of God?

God doesnt exist

Then I ask you why do people scream "Oh God" while they're having sex, or about to die?! Hmmm? Hmmm?

25. Re: Free MechWarrior 4 Status Nov 16, 2009, 10:08 Hazard

Mechwarrior 4 Mercs, is probably the second best Mech game ever. (Right after Mechwarrior 2)

Nah. Mechwarrior 2(!) Mercenaries was by far the best. I wasted a lot of hours on that one.

This comment was edited on Nov 16, 2009, 10:15.

Fully automatic backups with Ocster Backup Pro 3
http://www.ocster.com

24. Re: Free MechWarrior 4 Status Nov 16, 2009, 08:38 InBlack

Mechwarrior 4 Mercs, is probably the second best Mech game ever. (Right after Mechwarrior 2)

I hope this release includes it. The original Mechwarrior 4 is quite good too, although the standalone expansion is better.

I have a nifty blue line!

23. Re: Free MechWarrior 4 Status Nov 16, 2009, 05:37 Hump

Every single time you guys insult and step on the Messiah He hears you and sees you. You should consider that while you all let Lucifer lead you to a path of destruction.

What does Christ have to do with your stupid video games or personal insults?

Laugh and scoff all you want. Your day is coming.

Believe it.

I just realized, this is Hellbinder, he's not talking about the God of Abraham, he's talking about Derek Smart. Ucrazy

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

22. Re: Free MechWarrior 4 Status Nov 16, 2009, 04:32 Armengar

You think you have the right to judge others, in place of God?

God doesnt exist

Its not the cough that carries you off but the coffin they carry you off in.

21. Re: Free MechWarrior 4 Status Nov 15, 2009, 23:28 PHJF

mechwarrior 4 had one of the slowest installations i've ever seen. Took roughly 30 minutes.  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

20. Re: Free MechWarrior 4 Status Nov 15, 2009, 22:38 Numinar

Will the source code come out as well? Will people be able to mod and patch it? Ur-Quan Masters gets a playthrough once a year from me, I'm doing the fan made extended edition now and loving it as much as ever. But releasing one of the best games of all time for free updated to work on modern systems isn't the same as slipstreaming an average Mech game and it's addons and telling everyone it's ok to torrent now when if people actually were interested, they would have torrented it already.  

19. Re: Free MechWarrior 4 Status Nov 15, 2009, 22:17 VoodooV

I'm not going to knock the fact that an old game is being released for free. It really needs to happen way more often.

BUT.

The hype surrounding this seems...excessive.

18. Re: Free MechWarrior 4 Status Nov 15, 2009, 22:12 [THA] Hamst3r

I've never played MW4, so I'll gladly accept this free version.  

- The Hamster Alliance
http://www.hamsteralliance.com/ (music)

http://twitter.com/hamst3r | http://www.facebook.com/hamsteralliance | http://www.youtube.com/hamsteralliance

17. Re: Free MechWarrior 4 Status Nov 15, 2009, 21:02 Prez

I'm looking forward to it. I have the cd's somewhere, but who wants to mess with cd's? Free digital download is fine by me!  

Goodbye my Monte boy. May you rest in the peace you never knew in life.

16. Re: Free MechWarrior 4 Status Nov 15, 2009, 20:43 Mashiki Amiketo

ites ites rasta, jah jah lick dem with fiyah pon judgment. i an i know dem on satan side iyah. big up rasta

Quiet you. The cookies made me do it. Those delicious chocolate chip cookies which demand souls....

--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

15. Re: Free MechWarrior 4 Status Nov 15, 2009, 20:19 dubfanatic

Every single time you guys insult and step on the Messiah He hears you and sees you. You should consider that while you all let Lucifer lead you to a path of destruction.

ites ites rasta, jah jah lick dem with fiyah pon judgment. i an i know dem on satan side iyah. big up rasta

34 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo