Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Steam Top 10ish

View
48 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

48. Re: Steam Top 10ish Nov 17, 2009, 09:33 Verno

Oh come now my dear, are you telling me you forgot the discussion we had last week? Or do you simply choose to forget like so many other trolls.

Uhhh, the one where you claimed you had secret proof that retail PC games sell more copies than ever despite shrinking shelf space then never followed up? Yeah I just pulled it up in browser history, want me to quote you?

You're absolutely right Mr. Whiner . Taking unpopular decisions for a product they create (that you are not forced to buy) totally justifies death threats. Whatever was I thinking?

Not enough hyperbole in that, need some more please. People being retarded on the Internet is new? People being retarded period is new? Some idiot extremist doesn't mean every possible criticism is somehow invalid simply because you don't agree.

Playing: Gauntlet, Dark Souls 2, Wasteland 2
Watching: Intruders, 24 Live Another Day, The Signal
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

47. Re: Steam Top 10ish Nov 16, 2009, 18:13 xXBatmanXx

The massive trolling of the IW forums? Trashing review scores and Amazon scores out of spite? Posting goatse on their boards? Death threats to an Infinity Ward employee and his family? Yea, I'd call that an overreaction.

It's the internet moron. You can find that anywhere - and why the hell would I go to ANY of those sites with those postings? It is like going to Something Awful or a similar site. sheesh.

You ever been to the Valve forums? Same shit diff games. People post that shit because they can. It is in every forum.

I see you didn't respond to my example, so you must agree.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

46. Re: Steam Top 10ish Nov 16, 2009, 16:55 Kxmode

A RPG about a presidential election? I'm not sure whether to laugh or cry.

Bad choice of words on my part. What I meant was "Political: becoming the leader of a country". The way to become the leader is up to you. You can do it democratically, or you can stage a coup d'etat. Or you can form a militia and siege power. Or you can... well you get the picture. There's enough options to create a full RPG.

This comment was edited on Nov 16, 2009, 16:56.

45. Re: Steam Top 10ish Nov 16, 2009, 14:01 Ecthelion

A RPG about a presidential election? I'm not sure whether to laugh or cry. Would there be a quest where you have to deliver absentee ballots before time runs out, while being chased by machine-gun wielding supporters of the opposing candidate?

I guess the Armageddon idea could make a full RPG, but the other ideas don't seem like they could support a 40-hour game. They could be good material for adventure games though.

This comment was edited on Nov 16, 2009, 14:02.

44. Re: Steam Top 10ish Nov 16, 2009, 13:31 Kxmode

- Thriller: stopping a nuclear bomb
- End of the World: Armageddon
- Drama: police/mobster
- Mystery: secret relics or societies (Dan Brown style)
- Political: running for POTUS

This comment was edited on Nov 16, 2009, 13:37.

43. Re: Steam Top 10ish Nov 16, 2009, 13:20 Ecthelion

Why does an epic RPG always need to tell a story in fantasy times, or space? Why not a contemporary setting?
I think unfamiliar settings (e.g. fantasy or future ones) lend themselves more to epic stories than anything in a current setting. What's happening now or could happen in the near future that would make a game feel epic?

42. Re: Steam Top 10ish Nov 16, 2009, 13:02 Kxmode

I liked KoToR and Mass Effect but a lot of Bioware's fantasy games seem like they are really stuck in some seriously tired material. It's always "Ancient evil awakens and only you, your magic pal, and these valiant dwarves, can stop it." sort of thing when there is so much more that could be done with fantasy...

Why does an epic RPG always need to tell a story in fantasy times, or space? Why not a contemporary setting? On the note I kind of wish The Secret World was a single-player RPG. I really like the story's premise.

41. Re: Steam Top 10ish Nov 16, 2009, 12:59 Kxmode

spindoctor go spin your filthy web somewhere else.

The truth hurts Especially to the clueless.

Or the attention deficit.

40. Re: Steam Top 10ish Nov 16, 2009, 12:33 Fion

Or am I wrong? Because I've been avoiding DA since Bioware usually rehashes the same fantasy tropes over and over again.

You are not wrong. However, despite a fairly cliche over-arching storyline, this is perhaps the best 'ancient evil awakens and you and your mage friend and these dwarves' RPG game EVER MADE! And yes, I am even counting the BG series in that list.

Seriously if you enjoy RPG games, you cannot miss this one as it is absolutely the best RPG game in many, many years, and easily the best Bioware game since BG2 (and IMHO, the best RPG they have ever done.)

Mind, I beat my first 'real' dragon in the game last night and it was one epic battle and I am 'still' pumped over the fight.

This comment was edited on Nov 16, 2009, 12:33.

39. Re: Steam Top 10ish Nov 16, 2009, 12:30 Jerykk

I liked KoToR and Mass Effect but a lot of Bioware's fantasy games seem like they are really stuck in some seriously tired material. It's always "Ancient evil awakens and only you, your magic pal, and these valiant dwarves, can stop it." sort of thing when there is so much more that could be done with fantasy...

That's pretty much the plot behind every Bioware game, sci-fi or fantasy. Mass Effect was certainly no exception.

38. Re: Steam Top 10ish Nov 16, 2009, 10:18 spindoctor

Actually mr apologist, I'd call taking a shit on the entire PC gaming community because you forgot to do basic cdkey authentication in your last game a pretty big overreaction.

You're absolutely right Mr. Whiner . Taking unpopular decisions for a product they create (that you are not forced to buy) totally justifies death threats. Whatever was I thinking?

Some of the most miserable and unhappy gamers on the planet are at Bluesnews

37. Re: Steam Top 10ish Nov 16, 2009, 10:13 InBlack

Uh, no one posted any retail or DD figures in this thread or even brought up the subject, what are you even talking about?

Oh come now my dear, are you telling me you forgot the discussion we had last week? Or do you simply choose to forget like so many other trolls.

I have a nifty blue line!

36. Re: Steam Top 10ish Nov 16, 2009, 09:57 Verno

Actually mr apologist, I'd call taking a shit on the entire PC gaming community because you forgot to do basic cdkey authentication in your last game a pretty big overreaction.  

35. Re: Steam Top 10ish Nov 16, 2009, 09:55 spindoctor

The massive trolling of the IW forums? Trashing review scores and Amazon scores out of spite? Posting goatse on their boards? Death threats to an Infinity Ward employee and his family? Yea, I'd call that an overreaction.

Either you don't know about it, which makes you clueless, or you were the one who did it. Or you think it's ok. Take your pick.

34. Re: Steam Top 10ish Nov 16, 2009, 09:48 Verno

So much for the so called "theory" that sequels on the PC have lower sales than previous iterations, eh Verno?

Uh, no one posted any retail or DD figures in this thread or even brought up the subject, what are you even talking about?

This comment was edited on Nov 16, 2009, 09:56.

33. Re: Steam Top 10ish Nov 16, 2009, 09:40 Silicon Avatar

Or am I wrong? Because I've been avoiding DA since Bioware usually rehashes the same fantasy tropes over and over again.

32. Re: Steam Top 10ish Nov 16, 2009, 09:25 InBlack

So much for the so called "theory" that sequels on the PC have lower sales than previous iterations, eh Verno?

This comment was edited on Nov 16, 2009, 09:25.

31. Re: Steam Top 10ish Nov 16, 2009, 09:19 xXBatmanXx

As for MW2, of course, people might not see it to be worth 60$ and that's fine. However, it still is a great game and it's good that people are enjoying it despite the overreaction of the PC community.

???

"Overreaction"? Since when is going BACKWARDS in quality and expectations of a standard way of doing multiplayer "overreaction"? Because the PC community expects (and has had better with previous iterations) you think we would be ok with doing it the "console" way?

heh. ok. Not going to happen.

"Hay, sir. Instead of sleeping with that beautiful girlfriend of yours, that has nice....uh....curves, and girl parts that aren't broken and used more than the local car wash, which you have enjoyed and are VERY happy with experiencing....we are going to take her away and give you this trucker MILF that...well....looks like a man. But hey, everyone else is used to playing with her broken pieces, so now you have to be ok with that to!"

No thanks.

It is funny - bc I have been talking to ALOT of people abuot MW2 recently. See, I rented it and experienced the online crapfest that is console gaming. Being a PC gamer for many years, but a console person before there was MP gaming.....I am disgusted with what I am hearing. The console crowd is SUPER HAPPY with MW2, because, well, when the host drops, the whole game doesn't quit like previous versions......So, they actually think it is a STEP IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION. Which I can only imagine the cheers are ONLY coming from CONSOLE players.

There is no reason, no how, no way, a PC game SHUOLD EVER HAVE P2P MP!!!!! It just makes no sense what so ever. MW2 will be destroyed by massive amounts of hackers (more so than previous games), deluded with lag, and a general experience of "host cheats" in various forms for eternity. The model sucks. You don't even need to play it to know it sucks. It sucks on paper, it sucks in QA, it sucks in common sense terms, it sucks in practice, and it sure as hell sucks sitting at home playing it.

Now, if I was under the age of 20 (not even close) and didn't know much about life, gaming, history of gaming, girls, etc. I would probably think it was the coolest thing in the world. Because....well, I would be a moron kid - I wouldn't know any better. And THAT is their target audience. Sheep.

Congrats on being a sheep.

This comment was edited on Nov 16, 2009, 09:29.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

30. Re: Steam Top 10ish Nov 16, 2009, 09:18 spindoctor

The truth hurts Especially to the clueless.

29. Re: Steam Top 10ish Nov 16, 2009, 08:41 InBlack

48 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo