Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Trailer

The Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Direct-Feed Walkthrough on G4tv.com has a look at DICE's upcoming military shooter sequel narrated by producer Gordon Van Dyke. The clip concentrates on what can be expected from the upcoming multiplayer beta test, showing the PS3 version.

View
13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

13. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Trailer Nov 14, 2009, 03:28 Jackplug

This game is gonna using MW2 as bog roll..  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

12. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Trailer Nov 13, 2009, 18:38 ColoradoHoudini

I do like the way this game is looking so far..
the destroyable environments sure will make each map change nearly every time you play it.. damn nice.

11. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Trailer Nov 13, 2009, 14:58 Elessar

MW2 what?

If DICE gives the PC version the attention they're claiming they will, this will make it all better and I can just forget the whole IW debacle.

"You don't get what you deserve, you get what you get."

10. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Trailer Nov 13, 2009, 14:45 DangerDog

Looks good, if this had been a head to head match against the release of MW2 Activision would be crying in their milk instead of swimming in money.  

9. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Trailer Nov 13, 2009, 14:40 Verno

The Frostbite engine itself is very impressive, BF1943 didn't really do it justice on the consoles. Can't wait for this game.  

Playing: Fire Emblem, Diablo 3, Bravely Default
Watching: The Machine, After the Dark, Devils Due

8. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Trailer Nov 13, 2009, 14:27 fujiJuice

Ah I see, thanks for the info.  

7. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Trailer Nov 13, 2009, 14:09 Dr.Hamstring

As a BF die hard i must say bad company was pretty damn good. I played it on ps3 and wished it was on PC for some more finesse in the controls, but all in all having destructible environments is really a game changer. The Goldrush gameplay is pretty fun too.  

6. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Trailer Nov 13, 2009, 13:33 Zardoz5

wasn't Bad Company 1 like a single player story driven game, or am I incorrect? This seems more like a Battlefield 3 type of game.

Both Bad Co. and Bad Co. 2 have single player and multiplayer modes, though they haven't mentioned the single player mode at all yet this time. They are saving that info for closer to release I guess. DICE has stated in interviews they are putting more effort into the multi player in BC2 than they did for BC.

From what I've seen/read I wouldn't call this a BF3 game since it is being designed with consoles as the lead SKUs, though it sounds like they are giving the PC the features PC gamers are used to, like server browsers, probably at least 32 players, etc. I play both console and PC games, but I hope BF3 is a designed-for-PC game and if they can port it to consoles thats cool.

5. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Trailer Nov 13, 2009, 13:29 LittleMe

Very nice! I like how they are making it a bit more skill-based rather than accessible. Yeah it's almost looking like a BF3. yay!

Yeah I'm okay with no prone and the low player limit if they can be changed in mods. Either way it's looking quite good. The player animations, how they move around the map, look good. Would be nice to have vehicle entry/exit animations but....

Adding lean would make it favor camping and defending, imo. Has any BF game ever had lean anyway?

This comment was edited on Nov 13, 2009, 13:32.

Political freedom can only be preceded by economic freedom which is preceded by monetary freedom.

4. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Trailer Nov 13, 2009, 13:29 Hump

I'm confused, wasn't Bad Company 1 like a single player story driven game, or am I incorrect? This seems more like a Battlefield 3 type of game.

Its had both a single player and extensive online component. The single player served as a tutorial of sorts but taken on its own is was pretty entertaining as well.

The multiplayer component was a sort of streamlined (some kiddies like crying "CONSOLIZED!) version of the traditional Battlefield games with a bit more focus on the infantry aspect of combat (though there were a decent amount of vehicles there as well. The gameplay mode was more objective focused (attack/defend). If you've played Frontlines: Fuel of War its kind of like that but without the toys.

BC1 was a great game regardless of what the BF purists tell you.

This comment was edited on Nov 13, 2009, 13:30.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

3. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Trailer Nov 13, 2009, 12:59 Joss

That sniper owned him a couple of times; I know he wanted to yell profanity!

I hope they release mod tools for the Project Reality Mod team, because yet again we see a game with massive potential and the devs leave out fucking prone or lean.

2. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Trailer Nov 13, 2009, 12:44 fujiJuice

I'm confused, wasn't Bad Company 1 like a single player story driven game, or am I incorrect? This seems more like a Battlefield 3 type of game.  

1. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Trailer Nov 13, 2009, 12:13 Techie714 ©

Yea, this is shaping up to be a million times better than Operation Flashpoint 2. I think Dice got this one right based off the videos & info I have seen. It looks to be more of a cross between BF2 with a little more realism thrown in.  

Steam (ID)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/techie714/
DEAD SH0T
Keep your privacy!
http://prism-break.org/

13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo