Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Diablo III After 2010?

Kotaku has a slide from a presentation in New York today where Activison Blizzard CFO Thomas Tippl discussed the brisk business of Blizzard games. Tippl said the division has a full pipeline of content, and outlined this with a slide showing their planned 2010 products as World of Warcraft, StarCraft II, Updated Battle.net, WoW: Cataclysm, and China Online. Under the heading "Next Few Years," they list World of Warcraft, StarCraft Expansion, Battle.net, Diablo III, and "Unannounced MMO."

View
28 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

28. Re: Diablo III After 2010? Nov 13, 2009, 06:05 Numinar

Torchlight is already here guys. It's a Diablo 1 clone, but mark my words the open nature of the editor and resources means it's a patch or two and a few months of modding from being beyond Diablo 2 in every way but multiplayer. Which sucks but it sure scratches the itch.

It WILL run on your PC if you read this site. The load times are really annoying on my slower machines, and still aggravating on my better ones. But the game is still stay up till 4am awesome.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

27. Re: Diablo III After 2010? Nov 12, 2009, 21:25 Eldaron Imotholin

Fuckin' hell I need a chick...

I dunno, I just think it's funny that I can just post it here while you guys can just read it. After drinking some good booze that just seems so freakin' beautiful!

Seriously, I went home after one hell of a great night partying with good old friends.. first thing I do is start up my PC and hitting the "bluesnews" shortcut. Pretty disturbing. So... yeah...

I wanted to say something about Diablo aswell but I forgot. I guess it had something to do about them having to shut up about it and get it released before 2020...

..not sure, though.

Playing: Skyrim, World of Warcraft.
Future: Dead Space 3.

26. Re: Diablo III After 2010? Nov 12, 2009, 19:50 Kxmode

Gosh you guys are a bunch of billy goat gruffs!  

25. Re: Diablo III After 2010? Nov 12, 2009, 17:56 shul

you forgot about them meeting the devil on one of the planets  

24. Re: Diablo III After 2010? Nov 12, 2009, 17:48 NobleAtreides

THIS JUST IN!
Diablo III After 2020! Stay tuned!
Someone open a website to place bets on actual Year this is coming out.

My money is on 2015. Chapter 1 of 4.

23. Re: Diablo III After 2010? Nov 12, 2009, 16:54 FloorPie

At this point "when its done" means whenever they get around to getting their new bnet to run correctly and not releasing games too close to each other. I'm not too interested in SC2 anymore due to the no lan issue and that last I heard it was going to be told across 3 releases, one a year not like normal game/expansion deals. So I'm guessing its 50-60 per "game". That means I wait for reviews.

D3 I'm even less interested in because of the likely same lan/direct IP issues it will have as SC2 (Hint, hint blizzard. I didn't play D2 on bnet very often, I played with friends via TCP/IP). The other reason is this little game called Torchlight that I've now become addicted to and appears to have a good future ahead.

22. Re: Diablo III After 2010? Nov 12, 2009, 16:38 derelict koan

charge $125
Nah...they should have their pay by minute scheme up by then...

www.derelictkoan.com - speculative psychosis in trilogy form

21. Re: Diablo III After 2010? Nov 12, 2009, 16:24 Prez

Blizzard has repeatedly said the new MMO is a new IP.

That's true. I have insider knowledge that the new IP is Galaxycraft Online. The hive-like Zorg are raging through the galaxy, consuming all planets they come across. You play as a Protossian zealot and are tasked with fighting the Zorg, or a Terranian Marine, dedicated to defending the homeplanets in the Snickers Bar Galaxy from the mindless Zorg. The Protossians are high tech, mystic sentient race hailing from the planet Eyeur, dedicated to the annihilation of the Zorg threat, and the Terranians are the humans from the planet Irth who banded together to join the human coalition known as the Terranian Federation.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

20. Re: Diablo III After 2010? Nov 12, 2009, 16:13 Cutter

Well they've done high fantasy to death, and space fantasy, so that leaves "reality" or post-apocalypse. I'd be interested to see what they do with the latter. Something in a Shadowrun/Paranoia vein would rock like Mr. Spock!

"Nobody wants to be nobody in America. Ed is the apotheosis of a prevailing American syndrome. It used to be that someone became famous because they were special. Now people are considered special just for being famous. Fame, itself, is its own virtue.

19. Re: Diablo III After 2010? Nov 12, 2009, 16:03 noman

This gives us plenty of time to save up. Kotick will probably charge $125 for it.

Diablo II came out at $60 in 2001. Warcraft3 was also $60. I got both at sale price of $40 from Frys Electronics, but they did have very high MSRP.

Blizzard don't need Activision when it comes to asking high price.

18. Re: Diablo III After 2010? Nov 12, 2009, 15:52 Mr. Tact

all bets got towards "Starcraft Online" for the "unannounced MMO"

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

17. Re: Diablo III After 2010 Nov 12, 2009, 15:50 Mr. Tact

Why even announce the game if it's gonna take 4 years to get it out?
We're talking about it -- that's why. Pretty sure Blizzard has been fairly consistent with a 3-4 year window after initial announcement, less on the WoW expansions. It's simply the nature of the business. *shrug*

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

16. Re: Diablo III After 2010? Nov 12, 2009, 15:06 nin

WTF is "China Online"?

also, all bets got towards "Starcraft Online" for the "unannounced MMO"

They've been trying to iron out the Lich Expansion for China, and it still hasn't launched there, almost a year later. And recently there were headlines about the government trying to shut down WOW completely.

And as much as I'd love SC online (bring on air and space combat, in addition to ground), they keep stressing it's a new property, and not an established one...

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

15. Re: Diablo III After 2010? Nov 12, 2009, 14:56 Hump

WTF is "China Online"?

also, all bets got towards "Starcraft Online" for the "unannounced MMO"

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

14. Re: Diablo III After 2010? Nov 12, 2009, 14:49 shul

Why would anyone play diablo III if the actual talent and everything went into torchlight? in two years torchlight will have MMO, lots of mod and probably some kind of an SDK (just assuming that one), maybe torchlight DLC or II will be out, better ogre3d engine, I really don't see any reason for anyone to create another platform for RPG  

13. Re: Diablo III After 2010? Nov 12, 2009, 14:45 Lord Tea

so where's the news in that?

On the Giant Bombcast they said that at Blizzcon Blizzard specifically said Diablo III would NOT come out in 2010, so 2011 at the earliest.

exactly. Back then the Blizzard CEO announced two major titles for 2010... StarCraft II and WoW: Cataclysm.

Face the fact folx.

UPSA = United Police States of America

12. Re: Diablo III After 2010? Nov 12, 2009, 14:29 Veinman

This gives us plenty of time to save up. Kotick will probably charge $125 for it.  

11. Re: Diablo III After 2010? Nov 12, 2009, 14:28 Than

People thought it was coming in 2010?  

10. Re: Diablo III After 2010 Nov 12, 2009, 14:27 PHJF

It's pretty well safe to completely ignore anything Diablo III until SCII is out.  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

9. Re: Diablo III After 2010 Nov 12, 2009, 14:09 LittleMe

No problem. Plenty of games to play until D3.  

Perpetual debt is slavery.

28 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo