Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Another Syndicate Hint

A tweet from superannuation's Twitter points to a Google Search revealing what is purported to be a page from the script of the alleged Syndicate revival that's widely believed to be underway at Starbreeze Studios. The PDF doesn't seem to be available anymore, but Google has an HTML copy and Computer and Video Games has reproduced it. The page is no big thrill, offering some dialog from the game setting up an assignment.

View
15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

15. Re: Another Syndicate Hint Nov 13, 2009, 17:34 derelict koan

Think you forgot to quote the more important part asshole
wtf r u talking about? adding that bit doesn't change your comment in the slightest? Calling the narrow, market friendly, dumb shit world of television believable is flipping retarded at the very least. Mirror reflection of people herding maybe, but only the flogs sitting in front of it.

www.derelictkoan.com - speculative psychosis in trilogy form
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Re: Another Syndicate Hint Nov 13, 2009, 13:43 Numinar

I guess they could TRY to give you some motivation for killing and brainwashing. (Those things being in your jobs portfolio seemed to be a good enough reason to do them the first time round).

But PLEASE do not make the agents something they are not. Bullfrog gave most the characters in it's pseudo rts games (Dungeon Keeper, Populous, Powermonger) their own personality and AI. The agents in Syndicate did not have that (except for a bit of drug induced overwatch). They are meant to be tools responding to your every click and able to be drugged up to the eyeballs and modified with million dollar cybernetic limbs and whatnot.

Maybe they can take some risks and it will turn out to be a different kind of awesome but still awesome version of the original, like with Fallout 3, but keeping the spirit of the game intact is non-negotiable if you want the name to mean anything to those of us that played these games.

13. Re: Another Syndicate Hint Nov 12, 2009, 19:55 Kxmode

As much as I want to believe this will be the Syndicate, and Syndicate Wars, we all know and love, I can't help but think this will be a sandbox crimer like GTA or Saint's Row. :<  

12. Re: Another Syndicate Hint Nov 12, 2009, 19:02 Narf2029

This makes me nervous. Those agents existed for one purpose only - to do exactly what I wanted, nothing less and nothing more. The dispassionate behavior is what made it so appealing. I can't have an evil cyberpunk corporation if my henchmen have independent thoughts and feelings. Total control was the whole point. The agents and the hordes of civilians they persuaded for meat shields were bloody gristle in my ruthless machine.  
Huh? I'm sorry, I was thinking about cake.

11. Re: Another Syndicate Hint Nov 12, 2009, 18:42 Surf

Think you forgot to quote the more important part asshole

"It was a mirror reflection of ourselves in the worst possible and most believable way. "

10. Re: Another Syndicate Hint Nov 12, 2009, 16:26 derelict koan

Anyone that thinks otherwise hasn't watched the current news for the past 2 years.

Lol! Are you for real?!...that's like living in an ashram for the last 2 years, then bagging out everyone who doesn't believe the world is about yoga...but good luck with that...

This comment was edited on Nov 12, 2009, 16:27.

9. Re: Another Syndicate Hint Nov 12, 2009, 16:21 derelict koan

If they're going to do this game, do it right! Cold, dark, dystopian future ruled by a few corporations where it's all about control and wealth. Uf they go with that sort of silliness they may as well not bother to make the game at all.
Totally...I'm sick of a sequel equating to the hijack of a word and its associated nostalgia...syndicate had such an amazing setting, wtf even bother introducing lateral fluff?

8. Re: Another Syndicate Hint Nov 12, 2009, 14:37 Surf

I fully agree as well! Syndicate can easily equate to Terminator 1. Utterly cold, evil, depressing, relentless... a fucking killing machine.

Then they make terminator 2, filled with feelings, current music (Guns and Roses), and turn the table on a "nice terminator". Fucking STUPID!

Same happened to Road Warrior 3, just tried to appeal to too many people, kids to mom and dad.

Syndicate 0 (the first one) truly reflected true human nature. Power, control, wealth, corruption, abuse and that is why we all LOVED the game. It was a mirror reflection of ourselves in the worst possible and most believable way. Anyone that thinks otherwise hasn't watched the current news for the past 2 years.

7. Re: Another Syndicate Hint Nov 12, 2009, 14:13 Cutter

What is this? I don't recall any "feelings" in the Syndicate I played. I also never viewed the agents as people who'd care to say "motherfucker" like some cheap Hollywood film trying to be edgy. They're impassionate killing machines. Next they're going to suggest there should be some moral dilemma about persuadertroning yourself a zombie civilian army to act as a meat shield, I'm sure.

Spot on, old sock! If they're going to do this game, do it right! Cold, dark, dystopian future ruled by a few corporations where it's all about control and wealth. Uf they go with that sort of silliness they may as well not bother to make the game at all.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

6. Re: Another Syndicate Hint Nov 12, 2009, 14:08 Fuzzmatang

Dart™ is an artificial intelligence built to be endlessly
curious about her host human and to learn to love them over
time. Out of the box, she doesn't really get this whole
"feelings" dynamic that human brains run on, but she can do
a good imitation of it on demand. She vacillates between
cold calculation and catty commentary.

:-facepalm-:

5. Re: Another Syndicate Hint Nov 12, 2009, 12:21 osage no onna

Dart™ is an artificial intelligence built to be endlessly
curious about her host human and to learn to love them over
time. Out of the box, she doesn't really get this whole
"feelings" dynamic that human brains run on, but she can do
a good imitation of it on demand. She vacillates between
cold calculation and catty commentary.

What is this? I don't recall any "feelings" in the Syndicate I played. I also never viewed the agents as people who'd care to say "motherfucker" like some cheap Hollywood film trying to be edgy. They're impassionate killing machines. Next they're going to suggest there should be some moral dilemma about persuadertroning yourself a zombie civilian army to act as a meat shield, I'm sure.

4. Re: Another Syndicate Hint Nov 12, 2009, 11:57 theyarecomingforyou

Syndicate was great but I really don't have any confidence in a sequel. That said, I'm all for them trying.  

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

3. Re: Another Syndicate Hint Nov 12, 2009, 11:25 Burrito of Peace

Oh, you'll know.

Everyone will know.

2. Re: Another Syndicate Hint Nov 12, 2009, 11:09 EricTheMad

Oh good god I haven't a game announcement-induced orgasm for quite some time, could this finally be it if/when it's announced?!

If it is, please don't tell us.

If one synchronized swimmer drowns, do they all drown? -- Bucky B. Katt

1. Re: Another Syndicate Hint Nov 12, 2009, 10:51 Zzet

Oh good god I haven't a game announcement-induced orgasm for quite some time, could this finally be it if/when it's announced?!  

15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo