Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Modern Medal of Honor Rumors Resurface

MCV says they can confirm indications that the next installment in the Medal of Honor series of military shooters will be set in the modern era, following in the back to the future footsteps of the Call of Duty series. They attribute the news to a "reliable industry source," and they say the game will be officially announced before Christmas and released in February/March 2010 which seems like a short turnaround from announcement to release. EA recently discussed plans to "revitalize" the franchise.

View
20 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

20. Re: Modern Medal of Honor Rumors Resurface Nov 12, 2009, 12:41 Jerykk

About as tactical as the Rainbow Six Vegas series.

That's an insult to Ghost Recon. In Ghost Recon, you couldn't aim at your enemies while completely behind cover. Nor could you get shot several times, hide for a few seconds and completely heal. The levels in Ghost Recon were far more open-ended and less scripted than the ones in R6: Vegas as well, allowing for more strategy rather than "Oh shit, terrorists are pouring out of closets! Time to take cover and aim for easy headshots even though I'm completely behind cover and shouldn't be able to see any enemies!"

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

19. Re: Modern Medal of Honor Rumors Resurface Nov 12, 2009, 09:04 Verno

It would be if it made any sense... the last Ghost Recon on PC was nothing like CoD and still very tactical.

About as tactical as the Rainbow Six Vegas series.

Playing: Gauntlet, Dark Souls 2, Wasteland 2
Watching: Intruders, 24 Live Another Day, The Signal

18. Re: Game Reviews Nov 11, 2009, 22:19 The Half Elf

Ok I have a question.. I played the mini-game in the PGR series and I noticed a trend lately with that Bullet Candy game. Is there some sort of World Record going on for the most amount of crap going on, on the screen at one time or what?
I'm all for fun, but like some game are designed to be annoying as hell when you loose your mouse cursor or player character cause of all the flashy shit going on.

I just don't get it.

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

17. Re: Modern Medal of Honor Rumors Resurface Nov 11, 2009, 18:39 PacoTaco

Yes you are right I am asking them to do for themselves what has already been happening, I look toward Nintendo as a model of a company that has kept its overhead and head count low, driven by perfection, quality, and care to what it's audience wants to buy. EA has killed every evergreen franchise that it has purchased, and company, they have hurt the overall industry, and customers that want to play games. The decline / implosion of EA only shows signs of continuing with the 400 million dollar Play Fish announcement during the same call announcing that it removing more staff. 400 million for a Facebook developer so they can copy Zyenga? Again, following a pattern that everyone knows is sustained only by marketing dollars, stealing information from the consumers who have not realized what is happening to him or her, the backlash has not even begun to come to surface.

Are they removing the right staff, no. Why as shareholders and customers are we waiting for these pinheads to figure out what their own corporate ego will not let them see? People still walk around EA thinking they work for the number one game software company in the world; they are blind, and doomed to failure with no sign of waking up. Next, we will see the term used re-arranging the deck chairs on the Titanic as they fire the CEO, and finger point to other executives that failed to make the calls that are required in a timely manor. Like so many publishers from the old days, Bally/Midway, Atari, Sega, they will fail until nothing is left, and leave behind what was once considered a great American company.

One thing to be very clear about with less people that are focused on making great games, they will increase the size of the company from a financial and market share perspective. EA peaked at the height of the PS2 and Xbox era they have made countless errors daily, but they still have enough power left to course correct if they have the will to do it.

This comment was edited on Nov 11, 2009, 18:47.

16. Re: Modern Medal of Honor Rumors Resurface Nov 11, 2009, 17:45 StingingVelvet

EA are firing people left and right, if you were sitting at your computer right now reading all the headlines would you be working hard to HELP EA make are great MOH, just so they can lay you off after you finish your work? Do you expect them making any bonus payments to you or are you working while also looking for a job that does not exist? EA torched this franchise out of greed 6 years ago and it has never been the same, and never will, all the talent is gone, it is very sad for me to watch.

When Medal of Honor: Generation Kill fails expect to see the EALA studio gutted, it will no long exist. Pandemic has not generated any return it will be closed as well, the hundred mil a year they spend to keep both LA studios running will be money well saved after they are both closed. After these closings expect the current GM Decker to go back to DICE Sweden with the Medal of Honor and C&C brands and start building them back there. I am sure he would be happy to do it right now if he could, and you can see the process has already started. This will be true for the Dante team at EARS, and Dead Space team which has been recently raped of all key talent in the starting of the new Activision Bay Area studio.

EA is hopeless, and will continue to decline over this next decade. Why? EA stopped having game makers make games, marketing people are in charge of every label, and the entire company, this is a smaller problem when compared to the fact that the company stopped caring about it is consumers, you have a corporate culture built on greed where 90% of a persons day is spent working to keep his or her job, not the products, by 2015 EAs value will be low enough that Sony and or MS will purchase it to lock the other out of the next generation console war so that one hardware manufacture has the EA sports label and franchises, these sports franchises and maybe the SIMS label will be the only thing left of EA worth any value, which will be 1.4 billon which is what the company is really worth at this point.

My formula for EAs turn around limit the releases to 20 products a year, limit each team to 80 people including management, marketing, sales, productions, engineering, art, design, audio per product. Keep 200 people to keep the lights on, the bathrooms clean, and the food warm world wide, total of 1800 people, give these people a bonus structure so they share in the companies success (the system was there but was also removed over this past decade), put the company back into the hands of people that actually build games for a living, remove the corporate culture based on greed, try to push it toward a culture that believes that making games for a living is a craft that requires rare talent, and that by creating a great game the reward is felt through out the entire team, every person being able to afford to build a life for themselves where they feel like they have a secure future, reward the faithful customers that work hard to save money to buy your game by giving them entertainment, and a pure joyful feeling that they made the right decision to trust you with their time and money.

Well said, but you're asking a mega-corporation to basically turn itself into a small company (relatively) and they will never do that willingly.

I think the games industry is really just trying too hard to be massive, mainstream and movie-like. EA promotes the hell out of their games and sell a ton of copies and they still lost hundreds of millions of dollars every quarter... that shows they are acting too big for what they really are, if you ask me.

15. Re: Modern Medal of Honor Rumors Resurface Nov 11, 2009, 17:38 StingingVelvet

It's sad day when CoD and Ghost Recon can even be mentioned in the same sentence.

It would be if it made any sense... the last Ghost Recon on PC was nothing like CoD and still very tactical.

14. Re: Modern Medal of Honor Rumors Resurface Nov 11, 2009, 16:38 The PC Warrior

moh has always been very average and i doubt i would ever buy another.  

13. Re: Game Reviews Nov 11, 2009, 16:09 Cutter

Paco, we want EA to die. The monolithic corporation needs to go the way of the dinosaur.

Anyway, MOH Vietnam is the way to go.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

12. Re: Game Reviews Nov 11, 2009, 15:41 BobBob

It's a great game.

You should try if it you have an xbox 360 controller for Windows:

http://www.charliesgames.com/wordpress/?page_id=203

Can't beat the price.

11. Re: Game Reviews Nov 11, 2009, 15:28 Creston

I've been playing Bullet Candy Perfect...

That sounds disturbingly like some Hentai Rape simulator... Wink

Creston

10. Re: Modern Medal of Honor Rumors Resurface Nov 11, 2009, 14:24 DangerDog

Why would they go up against Bad Company 2?  

9. Re: Modern Medal of Honor Rumors Resurface Nov 11, 2009, 14:04 PacoTaco

EA are firing people left and right, if you were sitting at your computer right now reading all the headlines would you be working hard to HELP EA make are great MOH, just so they can lay you off after you finish your work? Do you expect them making any bonus payments to you or are you working while also looking for a job that does not exist? EA torched this franchise out of greed 6 years ago and it has never been the same, and never will, all the talent is gone, it is very sad for me to watch.

When Medal of Honor: Generation Kill fails expect to see the EALA studio gutted, it will no long exist. Pandemic has not generated any return it will be closed as well, the hundred mil a year they spend to keep both LA studios running will be money well saved after they are both closed. After these closings expect the current GM Decker to go back to DICE Sweden with the Medal of Honor and C&C brands and start building them back there. I am sure he would be happy to do it right now if he could, and you can see the process has already started. This will be true for the Dante team at EARS, and Dead Space team which has been recently raped of all key talent in the starting of the new Activision Bay Area studio.

EA is hopeless, and will continue to decline over this next decade. Why? EA stopped having game makers make games, marketing people are in charge of every label, and the entire company, this is a smaller problem when compared to the fact that the company stopped caring about it is consumers, you have a corporate culture built on greed where 90% of a persons day is spent working to keep his or her job, not the products, by 2015 EAs value will be low enough that Sony and or MS will purchase it to lock the other out of the next generation console war so that one hardware manufacture has the EA sports label and franchises, these sports franchises and maybe the SIMS label will be the only thing left of EA worth any value, which will be 1.4 billon which is what the company is really worth at this point.

My formula for EAs turn around limit the releases to 20 products a year, limit each team to 80 people including management, marketing, sales, productions, engineering, art, design, audio per product. Keep 200 people to keep the lights on, the bathrooms clean, and the food warm world wide, total of 1800 people, give these people a bonus structure so they share in the companies success (the system was there but was also removed over this past decade), put the company back into the hands of people that actually build games for a living, remove the corporate culture based on greed, try to push it toward a culture that believes that making games for a living is a craft that requires rare talent, and that by creating a great game the reward is felt through out the entire team, every person being able to afford to build a life for themselves where they feel like they have a secure future, reward the faithful customers that work hard to save money to buy your game by giving them entertainment, and a pure joyful feeling that they made the right decision to trust you with their time and money.

This comment was edited on Nov 11, 2009, 14:47.

8. Re: Game Reviews Nov 11, 2009, 13:14 BobBob

I hope they make it challenging. I've been playing Bullet Candy Perfect and Mutant Storm Empire (for PC) for a good ole fashioned challenge.  

7. Re: Modern Medal of Honor Rumors Resurface Nov 11, 2009, 13:05 Verno

It's sad day when CoD and Ghost Recon can even be mentioned in the same sentence.

Agreed man but FPS ain't what it used to be

6. Re: Modern Medal of Honor Rumors Resurface Nov 11, 2009, 12:58 Kxmode

It'd be nice to see Call of Duty given some competition other than Ghost Recon.

Indeed. What would be amazing is if EA takes note of all the NO's from http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/4069/mw2b.jpg and decides to release MoH with YES's! With no DRM!! Like tomorrow!!! Okay, I kid on the last.

5. Re: Modern Medal of Honor Rumors Resurface Nov 11, 2009, 12:25 Jerykk

4. Re: Modern Medal of Honor Rumors Resurfa Nov 11, 2009, 11:50 CptStern

funny how we've come full ciurcle. Call of Duty started as an alternative to Medal of Honor games and now it's MoH's turn to become the "alternative". They have huge boots to fill not too mention a bunch of other titles doing pretty much what they are  

3. Re: Modern Medal of Honor Rumors Resurface Nov 11, 2009, 11:42 the_culture

It's looking more and more that EA and Activision are making moves solely in reaction to the other. Granted they're the two biggest publishers, but this is pathetic.  

2. Re: Modern Medal of Honor Rumors Resurface Nov 11, 2009, 11:28 Verno

1. Re: Modern Medal of Honor Rumors Resurface Nov 11, 2009, 11:20 Elf Shot The Food

Read somewhere a while ago that it was going to be set in Afghanistan.  

20 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo