Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Borderlands Console DLC This Month, PC "Later"

2K Games and Gearbox announce plans for The Zombie Island of Dr. Ned, the first DLC for Borderlands, though only console versions of the DLC for the role-playing shooter are being discussed right now. We contacted Gearbox about this and were told 2K's statement on this is: "we will have information on the PC version at a later time." Here's word on the console DLC:

2K Games and Gearbox are proud to announce that The Zombie Island of Dr. Ned, the first in a series of downloadable content for Borderlands, will be available for download for Xbox 360 and PS3 starting November 24, 2009 for 800 Microsoft Points ($9.99). Thought you’ve seen it all? Well get ready to square off against ferocious brain-eating zombies, carnivorous Were-Skags and more as you continue your pursuit for all of that sweet, sweet loot.

View
30 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

30. Re: Borderlands Console DLC This Month, PC "Later" Nov 10, 2009, 13:28 xXBatmanXx

Going to be awhile before I play this again.....that "connect to a game of someone who is farther than you and *BANG* here are 20 missions you know nothing about" still grinds my gears.  

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

29. Re: Borderlands Console DLC This Month, PC "Later" Nov 10, 2009, 12:13 dryden555

With so many major releases coming out, this is one of those games that will quickly go to 20 bucks on all platforms.  

28. Re: Borderlands Console DLC This Month, PC "Later" Nov 10, 2009, 09:33 Verno

I'm more pissed that Randy Pitchford flat out lied about the PC interface. He claimed they worked on it entirely separate from the console versions and that it had it's own user interface. Now that he has my money he's suddenly quiet and there's no patch ETA or information about the PC version anymore. It's a fun game at it's core but that's seriously some bullshit.  

Playing: Alien Isolation, 7 Days to Die, Dragon Age Origins
Watching: The Canal, Brazil, The Town That Dreaded Sundown

27. Re: Borderlands Console DLC This Month, PC Nov 10, 2009, 09:09 JoeNapalm

A fun game, as long as you're not expecting it to actually be an RPG, but more of "Diablo w/ Guns", as often stated.

That said, it is totally unacceptable the amount of tweaking and fixing I've had to do just to make this thing resemble what it should have been when I installed it.

Seriously - it would have taken them less than an hour to address all of the stuff I've had to fix in the .ini settings. As much as I love the game, that's a huge "@#$% YOU!" to PC gamers everywhere.

PC gaming isn't dying, it's being murdered.

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

26. Re: Borderlands Console DLC This Month, PC Nov 10, 2009, 05:43 Jackplug

Im yet to buy this, i think i will be at the weekend.  

25. Re: Borderlands Console DLC This Month, PC Nov 10, 2009, 03:03 Prez

Guild Wars with guns as I have been saying.

You probably meant that as a negative, but it actually sounds kind of awesome to me!

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

24. Re: Borderlands Console DLC This Month, PC Nov 10, 2009, 01:43 Jerykk

Bosses are too easy, but regular creatures take half our ammo to cut down.

Sounds like Oblivion.

23. Re: Borderlands Console DLC This Month, PC Nov 10, 2009, 00:34 TurdFergasun

so if we the user can do some simple modification to the .ini file to adjust settings to be pc centric, don't you think the dev's would have had an even easier time with the extra month they had to script up a menu system for said adjustments?

fwiw i loved the art in this game, voice acting seemed good, thanks in part to roman belic. unfortunately weak story, gameplay or lack thereof, and buggy consolitis left me horribly disinterested after the first few days of grinding thru this game.

22. Re: Borderlands Console DLC This Month, PC Nov 9, 2009, 23:58 NKD

As for the game, I love it... the FOV was annoying, but fixable, and the menus can be a little rough, though that complaint is overblown... in the end the gameplay shines on PC, and that is what is important. I wish it was a steamworks game though, god knows how we will get this new content.

I was pretty impressed with Borderlands myself as well. The co-op scaling is a bit wonky at times, though. Bosses are too easy, but regular creatures take half our ammo to cut down.

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.

21. Re: Borderlands Console DLC This Month, PC "Later" Nov 9, 2009, 23:17 StingingVelvet

The reason FOV tends to be lower is because on a TV with a console, sitting on a couch, it looks correct. With a PC you are closer to the screen and it feels closed in and not correct.

It sucks they can't manage to just set a different FOV for one version, but that seems beyond them.

As for the game, I love it... the FOV was annoying, but fixable, and the menus can be a little rough, though that complaint is overblown... in the end the gameplay shines on PC, and that is what is important. I wish it was a steamworks game though, god knows how we will get this new content.

20. Re: Borderlands Console DLC This Month, PC "Later" Nov 9, 2009, 21:13 Sempai

Yeah..thx Tech, i have that bound also.

It continues to blow my mind that Dev's today still dont get it this late in the game.
A FoV of 60 on a ws monitor/tv at 1920x1080 is nothing more than retarded.
You fucking FAIL Gearbox and any other dumbshit dev out there creating first person shooters in the year 2009.

For the love of gawd atleast allow the player to adjust it to how he prefers it.

19. Re: Borderlands Console DLC This Month, PC "Later" Nov 9, 2009, 21:04 necrosis

Their should atleast be a setting to allow the player to set his FoV to atleast 100.
Any game on PC that is played on a widescreen monitor needs at least a 100 FoV. Yeah its really yanking my chain that this is becoming rare.

18. Re: Borderlands Console DLC This Month, PC Nov 9, 2009, 21:03 Techie714 ©

@sempai

To adjust FOV (Field of View):
-----------------------------
Within WillowInput.ini:

Search for [WillowGame.WillowPlayerInput]. Below the chunk of bindings, add the following:
Quote:
Bindings=(Name="F10",Command="FOV 90",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False)
Bindings=(Name="F11",Command="FOV 110",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False)
You can change the keys (F10 and F11) to whatever you'd like, as well as the FOV values.

TIP: It's being reported that the FOV gets reset whenever you sprint in an online game. As a workaround, you can add the FOV command to one of your movement keys, like I have. Example - my MoveForward binding looks like this (my forward key is E):
Quote:
Bindings=(Name="E",Command="MoveForward | Axis aGas Speed=+1.0 | FOV 96",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,LeftTrigge r=False,RightTrigger=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgno reShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)

Steam (ID)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/techie714/
DEAD SH0T
Keep your privacy!
http://prism-break.org/

17. Re: Borderlands Console DLC This Month, Nov 9, 2009, 20:39 doktor_tchock

I'm with you, peteham - I don't really get it. I wanna get it. It seems like the kind of thing I'd be into. I loved Diablo 2 and I loved every Fallout. Seems like it ought to be the combination of those things. But it just kind of isn't.  

16. Re: Borderlands Console DLC This Month, PC "Later" Nov 9, 2009, 20:26 Sempai

Also what in the blue fuck is this trend of 60-70 FoV out of the box?

Its insane, the gun takes up half the screen and it feels like your looking out of one eye..

The console kiddies seem perfectly happy with their 65 FoV but it drives me nuts!

Their should atleast be a setting to allow the player to set his FoV to atleast 100.

Period.

15. Re: Borderlands Console DLC This Month, PC Nov 9, 2009, 20:22 Deathhead

If you’re one of the very few people who haven’t had the pleasure of falling into Borderlands’ addictive clutches, please let us know and we’ll send you a copy.

I'd like my free copy now please.

14. Re: Borderlands Console DLC This Month, PC "Later" Nov 9, 2009, 20:16 Surf

Guild Wars with guns as I have been saying.

Both BW and Border suck ass because I am not into level grinding games, except Diablo 1 and 2. Border left me flat after 4 hours. Weak.

13. Re: Borderlands Console DLC This Month, PC Nov 9, 2009, 20:08 nullability

The ini tweaks don't really affect performance, but they make the interface much more usable with a mouse. You can fix the scroll wheel so that it actually works, turn off the broken always-on voice chat, change the FOV to something more comfortable to PC gamers, change the scope to toggle instead of press, change the crouch key to press instead of toggle, etc. There are all things that easily could have been menu options but they didn't bother to put them in. It really feels like the PC interface is just thrown together at the last minute.  

12. Re: Borderlands Console DLC This Month, Nov 9, 2009, 20:06 theyarecomingforyou

The game didn't grab me immediately, nor am I a huge fan of the art direction, but it's actually a very good game (especially for co-op). Sure the interface is horrendous and it's clearly built around consoles but that's largely irrelevant when the core game is so strong.  

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

11. Re: Borderlands Console DLC This Month, PC "Later" Nov 9, 2009, 19:38 Sempai

Its great they are coming out with more content for consoles soon but how bout deeper talent trees and new skills?

Maybe another class..

Maybe a FUCKING PATCH for the PC version..you cocksucking tool bags..

Money..money..money..money......moooney!

30 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo