Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Steam Top 10

Steam announces the top 10 bestselling games on Steam for the week. Ten came out in a bunch, and one trickled in after. If history is an indicator, a couple of additional stragglers will follow, but here's the list for now:

1. Dragon Age: Origins Digital Deluxe Edition.
  2. Dragon Age: Origins.
  3. Left 4 Dead 2.
  4. Borderlands.
  5. Torchlight.
  6. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2.
  7. Football Manager 2010.
  8. Mass Effect.
  9. Shattered Horizon.
  10. Aion Standard Edition and Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare.

View
32 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

32. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 11, 2009, 05:32 Kxmode

I'd show you my receipt but then you'd just say that I've stolen all of Bioware's other games.

No. We'd just say you stole the receipt. Wink

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

31. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 11, 2009, 00:44 Jerykk

Dragon Age is so good even Jerykk might pay for it.

I actually did pay for it. I'd show you my receipt but then you'd just say that I've stolen all of Bioware's other games. And killed their dogs.

30. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 9, 2009, 12:29 Krovven

Basically, seems to be a good practice for this game to have multiple characters on the go. One for single-player, and one for however many groups you play coop with.

29. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 9, 2009, 11:59 xXBatmanXx

Glad to see Borderlands still selling well, that game fucking rules.

Loaded it up last night after not playing for about a week - as I was pissed off about the mission flood I got in a MP game......I have over 20 missions to do....I think I am going to just delete that character, which sucks, as I had about 13 hours into it.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

28. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 9, 2009, 08:52 Verno

Dragon Age is so good even Jerykk might pay for it.  

Playing: Fire Emblem, Diablo 3, Bravely Default
Watching: The Machine, After the Dark, Devils Due

27. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 9, 2009, 01:09 Dr.Hamstring

Yes, you need vista/win 7 and a dx10 card to play it. But if you have a dx card its worth checking out.

What makes it so good is how simple they kept it and how great the movement feels.

You only get one weapon which is both an assault and sniper rifle. You also have 3 grenade types.

As of right now there are 3 gameplay modes, skirmish (TDM), battle (capture and hold) and assault (attack/defend).

26. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 9, 2009, 00:35 Kxmode

Shattered Horizon is not to be missed. Its' tribes good.

For the 15% of us that actually have the OS to play it!

25. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 9, 2009, 00:34 Kxmode

Sounds like Torchlight fell by the wayside after 1 week.

Bullshit.

It's still in the top 5. :<

24. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 8, 2009, 23:34 ColoradoHoudini

How is that possible? the game looks like boring DM in space with limited guns and no tertiary items?
Is there storming of a base station? mounted weapons? lots of weapons? what are the game types? I can't dig up anything on this game that tells me the gameplay will be good.

23. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 8, 2009, 23:18 MrBone

I am still in love with Torchlight. That game is a masterpiece.  

22. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 8, 2009, 22:33 eunichron

Wow. I was excited about DAO, but not at the retail price point. Are they planning to release more for the game?
Release more? It's already ~60 hours worth of content, that's par for modern RPGs, the 2 DLCs are about an extra 1:30-2 hours. I'm sure they have more DLC planned, but right now for $50/$60 it's well worth it.

21. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 8, 2009, 22:25 Caveman

Glad to see Borderlands still selling well, that game fucking rules.  

20. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 8, 2009, 22:18 nin

Still playing?

Yes, dad.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

19. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 8, 2009, 21:14 Dr.Hamstring

18. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 8, 2009, 20:24 xXBatmanXx

Torchlight is a great game, but Dragon Age is an epic piece. I'm telling you, it's a whole lot quieter on the net now that people are enjoying Dragon Age That game.. it's just.. it's... [sniff]... the best game I've played in AGES!

Wow. I was excited about DAO, but not at the retail price point. Are they planning to release more for the game?

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.

17. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 8, 2009, 20:19 Eldaron Imotholin

Still playing?

I certainly am not. But I think I would have if it wasn't for Dragon Age.

Torchlight is a great game, but Dragon Age is an epic piece. I'm telling you, it's a whole lot quieter on the net now that people are enjoying Dragon Age That game.. it's just.. it's... [sniff]... the best game I've played in AGES!

Playing: Skyrim, World of Warcraft.
Future: Dead Space 3.

16. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 8, 2009, 19:50 StreetPreacher

Absolutely thrilled to see Torchlight outselling MW2. Would prefer that MW2 wasn't even on the list, but you gotta try to enjoy the little victories. Although no doubt it'll be #1 next week when people can actually play it. *sigh*  

15. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 8, 2009, 19:36 Narf2029

If I wasn't put off by all of MW2's shortcomings, I'd certainly be put off by its $60 price tag. To deliver so little for the PC user and put a higher-than-average price on top of it is insulting. Yes, console users have been paying $60 for god knows how long and I have pitied them the entire time. It's a raw deal to pay more for a product that is (or at least used to be) limited in comparison to the PC version. But then, PC games have become more and more like console games for a while now and I suppose the price difference was going to jump on sooner or later. I'm sure everyone has seen the comparison chart between MW and MW2, or at least knows the bullet points of it, which only adds further insult.

This comment was edited on Nov 8, 2009, 19:39.

Huh? I'm sorry, I was thinking about cake.

14. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 8, 2009, 19:32 xXBatmanXx

Bullshit.

Still playing?

13. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 8, 2009, 17:32 nin

Bullshit.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

32 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo