Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

WAR "Endless" Free Trial

Mythic Entertainment introduces a new "Endless Free Trial" for Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning, which replaces the 10-day trial for their fantasy-themed MMORPG. In addition, the free trial client is streamed, allowing players to start playing much more quickly than before. Word is:

Endless free trial players will embark on the recently introduced New User Journey, which features enhanced tutorials and new community elements, such as a “new player” guild, to streamline the transition of new players into WAR and its vibrant community of players.

“With the introduction of the endless free trial and streaming client, we are making it easier than ever for a new player to join the WAR,” said Jeff Hickman, executive producer, Mythic Entertainment. “We’ve worked hard to create a more informative and community driven new user experience, and now we are giving players an unlimited amount of time to explore the early parts of the game at their own pace. We are confident that players new and old will find all the enhancements we’ve made to WAR over the past year worthy of their time and commitment.”

Available now, the new streaming endless trial client is a seamless way for new users to get into the game. After an initial download of just over 1GB, additional content streams in the background as required while playing. All closed 10-day free trial accounts have been converted to open endless free trial accounts and are ready for returning players to resume their journeys across the frontlines of WAR.

New users and returning players can download the Warhammer Online endless free trial by visiting http://www.warhammeronline.com/trial.

View
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

9. Re: WAR "Endless" Free Trial Nov 7, 2009, 18:55 HellSlayer

I agree. The animation was horrible.  
o0
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: WAR "Endless" Free Trial Nov 7, 2009, 00:28 IQ

The last death spasm...  

7. Re: WAR Nov 6, 2009, 22:53 The Half Elf

How long till EA pulls the plug on Warhammer Online, like they did for all of their other MMO's except Ultima Online and The Sims Online?

I sorta miss Earth and Beyond.

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

6. Re: WAR Nov 6, 2009, 21:48 Cutter

Call me when they get some real new content/expansions.

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?

5. Re: WAR "Endless" Free Trial Nov 6, 2009, 16:05 FLY

Maybe they should hire a decent animator for the game. Played it for 10 minutes couldn't stand it. Obviously none of the 6+ gigs went to that department.  

4. Re: WAR Nov 6, 2009, 16:04 Luke

How about they concentrate on doing all the bugs in the game first and get it up running , instead as they have done all the time just add add add, things to the game , thats why i did quit it, and i have turned so tired of the lazy support team that i will not return, But hey thats just me GL all who think it has become better.

3. Re: WAR Nov 6, 2009, 15:44 Awesome Spume

Good idea. Liked WAR, always meant to go back.  

2. Re: WAR Nov 6, 2009, 15:39 Enforcer

I'm going to give this a try...but the stupid security thing has to be changed. I lost count how many times I had to reenter the code as it was not valid.

I understand that it has to be difficult for the computer to read it, but when it is just as difficult for a potential customer to not get it as it is hard to read if that is lowercase or uppercase, is that a q or a bad written a has to be looked at!

1. Re: WAR "Endless" Free Trial Nov 6, 2009, 15:19 loomy

much smarter. the money from MMORPGs is made from long term subscribers, not from people who start and quit.

so it doesnt matter if the start and quit people get a bunch of the game for free whenever they want. all that matters is catching the one fish who will stay

9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo