Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

New Torchlight Demo

The Runic Games Forums reveal the Torchlight patch mentioned earlier also works as a two-hour trial version of Runic's action/RPG (thanks DrClown). A subsequent post also mentions that they forgot to change the version number for the patch, so the main screen still lists version 1.11 after you update to version 1.12.

View
14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

14. My brief Torchlight demo review. Nov 22, 2009, 23:41 Ant

http://aqfl.net/?q=node/7674

This comment was edited on Nov 24, 2009, 16:15.

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

13. Re: New Torchlight Demo Nov 6, 2009, 19:48 Halo

I liked Mythos a lot so I'll be getting this tonight.
Is it just me or...
"just the pet that sells loot for you is worth the price of the game." posted by LazyCat extremely ironic. Like Tony Stark could build a suit out of it ironic.

12. Re: New Torchlight Demo Nov 6, 2009, 18:19 LazyCat

This is actually a fun little game, well worth the mere 20$ they ask for it.
Hell just the pet that sells loot for you is worth the price of the game.

11. Re: New Torchlight Demo Nov 6, 2009, 17:25 loomy

> Plus, the MMO portion they'll release in, unfortunately, two years will be free to those who buy the game now.

lol this is like taking shares in a startup instead of extra cash

or buying hellgate

good luck with that

10. Re: New Torchlight Demo Nov 6, 2009, 15:30 Creston

This isn't really a biggie but I did lose a particularly nice piece of loot.

Play on for 10 minutes and you'll find a better piece of loot.

Creston

9. Re: New Torchlight Demo Nov 6, 2009, 15:26 DG

I'm playing the demo version. Anyone know if I purchase the full version, can I continue playing my character and story from the demo, or do I have to start over?
It continues where you were. The demo is actually the whole game with the rest locked up.

But... Bear in mind it seems to save when you go through portals.

At the end of the demo (the original one anyway) there was option to go down stairs or through a town portal. Clicking on the stairs it took me out of the game and when I loaded I was right back when I last travelled through a portal. This isn't really a biggie but I did lose a particularly nice piece of loot.

I should caveat that I guess it's possible this actually happened due to an issue fixed in the recent patch.

8. Re: New Torchlight Demo Nov 6, 2009, 15:15 StreetPreacher

Awesome game, HIGHLY recommended for anyone who's thinking about it. Also I played the demo on Steam and was a bit hesitant to buy the full game and loose everything I'd built up (I played the demo A LOT). But to my pleasant surprise the purchase simply "unlocked" the demo - it didn't even appear to download anything, and I had my full character, items, and even position in the last dungeon.  

7. Re: Game Reviews Nov 6, 2009, 13:12 BobBob

Edit: Oh I see the patch itself is a demo.

This comment was edited on Nov 6, 2009, 13:18.

http://tinyurl.com/WeatherImmunity Whew

6. Re: New Torchlight Demo Nov 6, 2009, 12:53 Creston

I'm playing the demo version. Anyone know if I purchase the full version, can I continue playing my character and story from the demo, or do I have to start over?

You can keep it. You're essentially playing the full game already. Buying it just takes off the time limit.

Funny though, first time I played the demo I played for a LOT longer than two hours.

edit : but I'm pretty sure save games are stored under your user profile, and not in the game install dir...

Yeah, they're in %appdata%\Runic games\Torchlight\Saves.

Creston

This comment was edited on Nov 6, 2009, 12:53.

5. Re: New Torchlight Demo Nov 6, 2009, 12:49 nin

I didn't expect to keep my character...since I downloaded the demo through Steam, uninstalled, and purchased direct from Runic. But when I started it up, there he was in all his lvl 5 glory!

I'm not on my home computer, but I'm pretty sure save games are stored under your user profile, and not in the game install dir...

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

4. Re: New Torchlight Demo Nov 6, 2009, 12:49 SirKnight

I bought this game a few days ago. It kicks ass. It's also cool they're releasing map editors and other mod tools. Plus, the MMO portion they'll release in, unfortunately, two years will be free to those who buy the game now.  

3. Re: New Torchlight Demo Nov 6, 2009, 12:42 mch

I didn't expect to keep my character...since I downloaded the demo through Steam, uninstalled, and purchased direct from Runic. But when I started it up, there he was in all his lvl 5 glory!  
PSN: CaseDesignate

2. Re: New Torchlight Demo Nov 6, 2009, 12:24 Frijoles

Thought I read that you can keep your character.  

1. Re: New Torchlight Demo Nov 6, 2009, 12:14 the_culture

14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo