Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

I encountered an ad with sound here today, and that has been removed from the site, apologies for that. Hopefully this won't happen again, though I was pleased at how rapidly this was addressed, as tracking down problem ads on our previous system was, well, a problem.

Problem-Free Links: Thanks Ant and Mike Martinez.
Play: Battalion: Ghosts.
Zombie Exploder.
Red Storm.
Links: GameStop Survival Guide.
The 15 Best Man Caves on the Internet. Thanks Neatorama.
Stories: Brazil man appears at own funeral. Thanks LittleMe.
Comedy Central orders the Onion TV pilot. Thanks Digg.
Science: A Battery-Free Implantable Neural Sensor. Thanks Slashdot.
Device that 'smells' human fear could identify terrorists. Thanks Slashdot.
Images: Pay More For Less,The MW2 Multiplayer PC Feature Comparison.
Dodge Viper logo is an upside-down Daffy Duck.
Media: The Ballad of G.I. Joe. Thanks Ian.
Big Forklift Accident. Thanks dakslf.
Kitty's Refreshing Dip and If you get the joke in this, it probably means you are old.
Follow-ups: Baguette Dropped From Bird's Beak Shuts Down The Large Hadron Collider (Really).

View
26 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

26. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 7, 2009, 10:07 Bucky

Droid as in Motorola. Great phone. Now to return my case.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

25. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 7, 2009, 04:09 rocketpcguy

Droid as in Motorola Droid or one of the many android phones?

anyone here has/tried the palm pre?

24. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 7, 2009, 03:39 Sepharo

Don't buy any of the hard cases, they suck.

Yeah I bought the clear hard case and the "screen protectors".
Not going to use either, so that was a waste.

But I am happy with the car mount. Much nicer than the mount that came with my Garmin.

The first thing I did when I went to the Verizon Wireless store was pick up a Droid and load Blue's News.

Haha, me too.

This phone was a big upgrade for me because I've had the same phone since mid 2004. My family members on the family plan kept stealing my 2 year upgrades. Since I take care of my phone and don't lose or break it, I get punished for being responsible while they get a new phone every couple of months. So I finally stole one of their upgrades.

23. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 7, 2009, 03:19 osage no onna

I've got you whitelisted on both adblock and flashblock, Blue, but it seems very hit and miss whether I actually SEE an ad or not? Some days I'll come here, and I'll see the banner plus the two at the top of the page (to the right of the news), and other days there's nothing?

I'm having some problems with this too. I think you not only have to whitelist blue's, but also adbureau.net. At least on flashblock and noscript; for adblock blue's should be enough.

22. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 6, 2009, 20:42 xXBatmanXx

First movie I tested HD with was The Big Lebowski.

heheheh yea in my que. Watching good ol Labyrinth from 1986. GO BOWIE!

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

21. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 6, 2009, 20:41 sliv

Netflix on PS3. Awesome goodness.

Yep, mine came in the mail today too, though at first I thought they accidentally sent me a third disc when I'm only on contract for two. When I saw the "Do not return disc to Netflix" I remembered it was coming today.

The HD is very smooth with no stuttering, though I was really surprised how some of the newer movies aren't in HD yet, but some old movies are. Not complaining, just an observation...

First movie I tested HD with was The Big Lebowski.

This comment was edited on Nov 6, 2009, 20:42.

20. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 6, 2009, 20:07 xXBatmanXx

SWEEEEET!

Netflix on PS3. Awesome goodness. Netflix on PS3 AND 360. One upstairs in the bedroom, one in the living room.

(disc came in the mail today)

This comment was edited on Nov 6, 2009, 20:07.

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

19. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 6, 2009, 18:24 nin

Not that it isn't still completely awesome, but The Ballad of G.I. Joe was posted on here on Aug. 11th as well.

Nice Rollins appearance there, among others...

This comment was edited on Nov 6, 2009, 18:25.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

18. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 6, 2009, 18:21 xXBatmanXx

Pay More For Less,The MW2 Multiplayer PC Feature Comparison.

I will be skipping MW2.

17. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 6, 2009, 18:18 xXBatmanXx

Posting from my Droid.

Playing with mine now. Don't buy any of the hard cases, they suck. The one I picked up locks underneath the slider, but sticks out too far. As a result every time you move the slider it hits a whole bunch of keys and doesn't operate smoothly. I'll be returning that tomorrow.

The first thing I did when I went to the Verizon Wireless store was pick up a Droid and load Blue's News. I then turned around and said "I want one."

So I bought a SciPhone for 100.00 a few months back, both myself and hte lady tried it.....I am not a touch screen guy. maybe it is because a phone needs to have buttons, and I shouldn't have to look at it to do what I need to do - I should not have to slide something to answer, etc. Glad I paid 100 to not spend money on an iPhone or something similar.

I played with a Blackberry 8900 a couple weeks back - and the lady just got one through work, so I think I will go with that. Need buttons and keys. On top of that, touch screen phones aren't worth a crap when dropped, dog(s) gets a hold of it, an all around aren't very durable. I will be getting the replacement plan for the BB though.

16. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 6, 2009, 17:50 Bucky

Posting from my Droid.

Playing with mine now. Don't buy any of the hard cases, they suck. The one I picked up locks underneath the slider, but sticks out too far. As a result every time you move the slider it hits a whole bunch of keys and doesn't operate smoothly. I'll be returning that tomorrow.

The first thing I did when I went to the Verizon Wireless store was pick up a Droid and load Blue's News. I then turned around and said "I want one."

15. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 6, 2009, 17:04 Kxmode

After seeing as many "CLICK AND AND YOU WILL GET FREE MONEY AND A REACHAROUND" ads one simply stops regarding them altogether.

you've been missing out buddy, the reacharounds are spectacular.

The Internet specializes in enemas.

14. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 6, 2009, 13:46 strich

After seeing as many "CLICK AND AND YOU WILL GET FREE MONEY AND A REACHAROUND" ads one simply stops regarding them altogether.

you've been missing out buddy, the reacharounds are spectacular.

I don't believe in a lot of things, but I do believe in duct tape.

13. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 6, 2009, 13:41 PHJF

I don't think I've clicked an ad on the internet, targeted or not, in the past 6 years or so. After seeing as many "CLICK AND AND YOU WILL GET FREE MONEY AND A REACHAROUND" ads one simply stops regarding them altogether.  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

12. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 6, 2009, 13:38 strich

Thanks for the clarification Blue.

Knowing this, i'll make a habit of clicking the ads a few times a day to push that extra income your way. Besides, i'd like to see what this Mabinogi ad with the largely busomed anime redhead is all about.

You know, i hate to sound like a broken record here, but you could still bring the t-shirts back and push yourself into the next income bracket.

Make em seasonal even. I'd even consider a Pink News t-shirt if you put them out. At least my wife would wear it.

This comment was edited on Nov 6, 2009, 13:39.

I don't believe in a lot of things, but I do believe in duct tape.

11. Re: Science Nov 6, 2009, 12:55 painh8r

"Device that 'smells' human fear could identify terrorists."... or someone late for a job interview...  

10. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 6, 2009, 12:52 nin

He proved us both wrong nin

Really!

Thanks for the heads up, Blue!

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

9. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 6, 2009, 12:51 Creston

I've got you whitelisted on both adblock and flashblock, Blue, but it seems very hit and miss whether I actually SEE an ad or not? Some days I'll come here, and I'll see the banner plus the two at the top of the page (to the right of the news), and other days there's nothing?

Creston

8. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 6, 2009, 12:47 Kxmode

The new ads seem to be very on-topic for the site, so hopefully how they perform naturally will be satisfactory to the advertisers.

Targeted ads! Who'd of thunk it? Blue, that's who!

7. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 6, 2009, 12:43 Bronco

Okay, here's the deal with ads.

He proved us both wrong nin.

-TPFKAS2S

26 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo