Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Splinter Cell Conviction Video

A new trailer for Splinter Cell Conviction is online with a look at some of the real-world inspirations for the upcoming stealth/action sequel. Word is: "In 'Behind Closed Doors Part 2' the developers of Splinter Cell Conviction give you an inside look at how the Israeli martial art Krav Maga and real-life firearm techniques inspired Conviction's new gameplay. You'll also learn about Sam's newest toys such as EMP grenades and improvised gadgets and get a look at how the storyline will be taken in surprising new directions following the tragic events of Double Agent." The clip is available on ActionTrip, FileFront, Gamer's Hell, and gameSlave.

View
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

6. Re: Splinter Cell Conviction Video Nov 7, 2009, 20:38 Jerykk

I see your point, though in general, I don't really care about whether or not a mechanic makes sense in the context of the story or setting. Regenerating health makes sense in a sci-fi game where you have personal forcefields or nanobots in your armor or whatever. However, none of that changes the fact that regenerating health is inherently cheap, promotes hiding and sucks all intensity out of games. Similarly, I don't really care about the story of Conviction. I just want a good stealth mechanics and Conviction seems to be sorely lacking in that regard.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: Splinter Cell Conviction Video Nov 6, 2009, 16:25 Prez

I want the option to be all stealth.

Not me. I liked the fact that Thief games are 99% stealth, because Garrett is not some badass warrior, so it makes sense that he would avoid confrontation.

Sam Fisher on the other hand is a pissed off ex-agent with a serious axe to grind. All stealth would be completely against this theme, not to mention extremely unsatisfying imo. Still, I'll never disagree that more choices are better.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

4. Re: Splinter Cell Conviction Video Nov 6, 2009, 12:24 Jerykk

Oh Masa, how I missed your witty banter.  

3. Re: Splinter Cell Conviction Video Nov 6, 2009, 08:35 Masa

Can I get an "Amen"?

Is this a vague reference to Cave Dog?

BTW, STFU Jerykk.

2. Re: Splinter Cell Conviction Video Nov 6, 2009, 00:33 Jerykk

I want the option to be all stealth. That's why Chaos Theory was awesome. You could sneak your way through 99% of the game. There were almost no forced confrontations. From what I've seen and read thus far, Conviction is the exact opposite. You have to kill dudes and blow shit up. The only stealth involved is charging up your Mark & Execute (aka Win Button) so you can kill dudes faster.

I really, really hope the game proves me wrong but nothing suggests that will happen.

1. Re: Splinter Cell Conviction Video Nov 5, 2009, 23:08 Prez

This game is looking really good. Hopefully there will be a variety of viable methods to go about completing objectives. I don't want all stealth, or all combat - a nice mix of both, with options would be best.

And Ironsides just might have the most badass voice of anyone in history. Can I get an "Amen"?

Edit: And I though I'd add a nice "Mrrrooow!" for the lass at about 2:40.

This comment was edited on Nov 5, 2009, 23:11.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo