Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Digital Dragon Age Woes

Ars Technica collects a number of forum posts indicating that customers who bought their copies of Dragon Age: Origins via digital distribution from Steam or Impulse are having difficulties getting the DLC included with their purchase. They outline problems downloading the DLC as accounts on both EA.com and the beta BioWare Social Network are required, saying some users have not been able to get this process to work. They also report the process is even trickier for Impulse customers, as Impulse does not automatically install the required update service, and addressing this requires jumping though some hoops, and even worse, some copies of the game bought through Impulse won't authenticate after getting the DLC. They summarize this saying: "The main issue is that EA and Bioware used the launch as an excuse to force consumers to create accounts on their sites, and the process of linking Bioware and EA accounts seems either too complicated or completely broken for many users. Why not allow you to download the content directly from the in-game menu? Maybe they want your information. Maybe this is another way they feel they're stopping piracy." The story has been updated since it was first posted with a statement from Stardock about Impulse problems:

While we are aware of the folks having issues with the DLC, we are also experiencing thousands of people playing the game with no hiccups on Impulse. For those few who are indeed experiencing issues with authentication due to EA's process, we are working now on a fix and expect this problem to be remedied very shortly.

View
48 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

48. Re: Digital Dragon Age Woes Nov 11, 2009, 19:02 space captain

yeh derek, wtf  
Go forth, and kill!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

47. Re: Digital Dragon Age Woes Nov 9, 2009, 08:33 Verno

Even for you derek, that's pretty disgusting.  

Playing: Divinity Original Sin, Destiny, Fire Emblem
Watching: Continuum, Star Trek TNG, Haunt

46. Re: Digital Dragon Age Woes Nov 7, 2009, 13:48 space captain

I'm picturing a child stamping his feet and crying tears of frustration.

while you are furiously jerking off?

you sick bastard

Go forth, and kill!

45. Re: Digital Dragon Age Woes Nov 6, 2009, 11:59 Verno

SEE EA FAIL.
FAIL YOU F*CKING EA MORONS FAIL.

I'm picturing a child stamping his feet and crying tears of frustration.

44. Re: Game Reviews Nov 6, 2009, 06:22 BobBob

Totally different type of game man.... That's like recommending a taco to someone who likes pizzas....

http://www.tammysrecipes.com/homemade_taco_pizza

43. More EA pathos... Nov 6, 2009, 05:50 mameyjamee

Just wow- f'ing EA idiots- another clusterf&ck caused by their complete mess of a user account system. Took several IT professionals I know hours to get it sorted for their own DragonAge Origins installations. Same deal w/me. Days after purchase, I finally have the DLC that I paid for.
SEE EA FAIL.
FAIL YOU F*CKING EA MORONS FAIL.

42. Re: Game Reviews Nov 5, 2009, 13:35 Yifes

If you want to play an excellent RPG, go here:

http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/divine_divinity

Totally different type of game man.... That's like recommending a taco to someone who likes pizzas....

41. Re: Digital Dragon Age Woes Nov 5, 2009, 09:19 Wowbagger_TIP

A patch this morning fixed the DLC issues for Impulse. I was finally able to get them to show up and download today.  

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

40. Re: Digital Dragon Age Woes Nov 5, 2009, 08:52 Verno

well ok then, i was just reposting what luks and verno were saying in that other thread.

Uhh what we were saying is true, whoever told you pirates can't play the DLC is misinformed. If you're going to repost things I said then at least get them right

39. Direct2Drive? Nov 5, 2009, 03:27 Longswd

Anyone know of any problems with the Direct2Drive? Was thinking about getting it this week and I no longer use Steam after their customer support pissed me off.

I don't always drink carbonated Mexican rat piss, but when I do, I prefer Dos Equis.

38. Re: Game Reviews Nov 5, 2009, 01:34 BobBob

$50 for this game? Forget that. Torchlight is only $20.00.

If you want to play an excellent RPG, go here:

http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/divine_divinity

37. Re: Digital Dragon Age Woes Nov 5, 2009, 00:58 The Half Elf

I went with Steam and had no problems getting the DLC except the fact the server was bottlenecked as badly as WoW servers on launch day.

My biggest complaint is the Warden's Keep DLC. If you don't do everything in it the first time, there is no way to get back inside the main keep building.

Oh Derek... bad form man.

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

36. Re: Digital Dragon Age Woes Nov 4, 2009, 23:56 MrBone

Finally got my DLC taken care of...jeez, what a hassle. The distributor is completely clueless. The game? Great...epic...yeah, it was worth the suffering.  

35. Re: Digital Dragon Age Woes Nov 4, 2009, 21:45 Karnisov

yeah i agree, as a customer you shouldn't have to jump through hoops to get the stuff you already paid for. inexcusable.  
"Think for yourself. Question authority."
-- Timothy Leary

34. Re: Digital Dragon Age Woes Nov 4, 2009, 21:45 Prez

It's shocking to me that people actually get mad at other people for being annoyed at all the hoops they have to jump though just to get a game working.

I shouldn't have to go search through fucking forums to figure out what the hell you want me to do before I can play the damn game I just spent 60 bucks on.

Sums it up fairly nicely and succinctly I think.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

33. Re: Digital Dragon Age Woes Nov 4, 2009, 21:25 Wowbagger_TIP

There are work arounds for every single one of this issues. But again if people just stopped bitching long enough to search the DA forums (or the forums for the service they bought the game digitally from) they'd find them.

When your installation and redemption process is as ridiculously convoluted and unnecessary as this one, then you'd better be giving painstakingly detailed instructions to people on how to jump through all the fucking hoops you've set up. I shouldn't have to go search through fucking forums to figure out what the hell you want me to do before I can play the damn game I just spent 60 bucks on. As others have said, the launch is a complete clusterfuck, and there's no denying that.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

32. Re: Digital Dragon Age Woes Nov 4, 2009, 20:42 Fion

There are work arounds for every single one of this issues. But again if people just stopped bitching long enough to search the DA forums (or the forums for the service they bought the game digitally from) they'd find them.

I personally had the problem (my game is from Steam) were DLC was downloading but not installing. A fix was posted on the DA:O tech forums yesterday for it, yet I still see people screaming about it on the Steam forums.

31. Re: Digital Dragon Age Woes Nov 4, 2009, 20:21 xXBatmanXx

"While we are aware of the folks having issues with the DLC, we are also experiencing thousands of people playing the game with no hiccups on Impulse.

MrBone must work for Impulse.....I was close - I said EA.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

30. Re: Digital Dragon Age Woes Nov 4, 2009, 20:18 Cutter

This is why I still prefer physical copies and got one, no problems here.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

29. Re: Digital Dragon Age Woes Nov 4, 2009, 20:11 nullability

You don't need an EA account to play the game, you only need it to get the DLC. If you refuse to get an EA account for some reason, then you don't get to play the DLC. End of story. Impulse having problems is a separate and far less interesting issue. I bought it through Steam and had no problems activating my codes for the deluxe edition on the Bioware social site.  

48 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo