Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising DLC and Patch Tomorrow

Codemasters announces new Skirmish DLC will be released tomorrow for Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising along with a patch for the military first-person shooter. The console versions will be patched as well as the Windows edition (here is the PC Patch Full Fix List - thanks Shok), and the DLC will be free for Windows users, but will cost 400 Microsoft points for Xbox 360 and £3.19/$3.99/€3.99 for the PS3. The announcement is accompanied by a batch of Skirmish screenshots and there's a new Skirmish trailer on the Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising Website. Here's a bit on the new content:

The ‘Skirmish’ video, available from www.flashpointgame.com, demonstrates the breadth of exhilarating new content. Players are shown going head to head in attack helicopters, deploying tanks and APCs and engaging in ranged and close quarters combat in the wide ranging new maps and missions featured in the downloadable content.

The ‘Skirmish’ DLC features four new multiplayer maps and two new Fire Team Engagement (FTE) missions featuring both solo and four player co-operative play. Hunt down SAM launchers hidden in the sprawling complex of ‘Lumberyard’ and assault dug in PLA forces and fight room to room in ‘White Fang’, two tense new ‘Infiltration’ multiplayer maps. ‘Annihilation’ multiplayer maps pitch armour and infantry against each other in rolling battles across a valley in ‘Stomping Grounds’ and in ‘Force Dispersal’ military bases separated by a strategic hill become a close-quarters killing ground.

New FTE missions include ‘All Round Defence’, which places gamers in control of air support and attack helicopters as they defend a fortified complex against relentless waves of PLA. In ‘Uphill Struggle’ players must capture a bunker under heavy fire from hillside reinforcements. Gamers can also recon the entire 220 km² island of Skira alone or co-operatively in a range of vehicles at day or night in ‘Island Tour.’

View
19 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

19. Re: Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising DLC and Patch Tomorrow Nov 4, 2009, 16:32 DangerDog

I know! My copy of Forza 3 came with a card to download a map pack and a car pack. How dare they make that content after the game went gold?

Oh, did I mention that the content is free? I don't mind DLC coming with the game if it is free. Heheheh.

That "free" content was just to screw over anyone buying a used copy.

I'm surprised they haven't worked in a registration system where the game gets tied to your xbox account.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

18. Re: Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising DLC and Patch Tomorrow Nov 4, 2009, 15:39 MTechnik

It's only a matter of time before DLCs are developped before the game is even finished/release. Gotta love that greed.

I know! My copy of Forza 3 came with a card to download a map pack and a car pack. How dare they make that content after the game went gold?

Oh, did I mention that the content is free? I don't mind DLC coming with the game if it is free. Heheheh.

17. Re: Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising DLC and Patch Tomorrow Nov 4, 2009, 15:30 Dr. D. Schreber

It's only a matter of time before DLCs are developed before the game is even finished/release. Gotta love that greed.

Already happened. Soon-after-release DLC is sometimes nothing more than unlocking something already on the retail disc. A big stink of it was made over Resident Evil 5, but since nobody cared about it enough to not buy the "DLC," you can bet on this becoming standard practice like any good business decision. I think Dragon Age has Day 1 DLC and a chunk of it was included with the more expensive deluxe edition, too.

This comment was edited on Nov 4, 2009, 15:30.

NOT THE BEES! NOT THE BEES THEY'RE IN MY EYES AARRGRHGHGGAFHGHFGHFG!

16. Re: Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising DLC and Patch Tomorrow Nov 4, 2009, 14:34 Wildone

its LITE...even for a console shooter  

15. Re: Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising DLC and Patch Tomorrow Nov 4, 2009, 14:23 DangerDog

heh, demo?

They originally said there would be a pre-release demo, guess they're not going to even bother with that endeavor seeing that the game doesn't even have any protection on multiplayer.

It's too bad they flushed the multiplayer down the drain, it's not a bad shooter. Co-Op is still workable but doesn't have the lasting power that a good PvP mode could offer.

14. Re: Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising DLC and Patch Tomorrow Nov 4, 2009, 14:16 BeefJerky

Those using the Euro get to pay 10% more than the UK and 30% more than the US. Awesome.  

13. Re: Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising DLC and Patch Tomorrow Nov 4, 2009, 14:10 Shataan

demo?  

12. Re: Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising DLC and Patch Tomorrow Nov 4, 2009, 14:10 StaTik

I bet these guys have been pushing like made to get this DLC out before what little fan based they gathered got board with this game. I would say a week after the game went gold was to late for this DLC. From what I can tell they took content that was going to be in the game to sell as DLC at a later date. I guess they should have left it on the game disk. The greedy morons ended up with a lame game and a DLC pack that will not sell.

GJ dumb asses!

11. Re: Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising DLC and Patch Tomorrow Nov 4, 2009, 13:47 briktal

This title is steadly making its way into the gaming history books of "Most Shafting of the PC Gamer".

How so?

10. Re: Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising DLC and Patch Tomorrow Nov 4, 2009, 13:25 Joss

This title is steadly making its way into the gaming history books of "Most Shafting of the PC Gamer".

Truely pathetic. I have voted with my wallet... it's a bit heavier.

9. Re: Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising DLC and Patch Tomorrow Nov 4, 2009, 12:43 LittleMe

g-snake, if the game itself was complete and great I think the DLC would be better justified but that didn't happen.

I support the freedom that companies enjoy, to be allowed to make gigantic mistakes and that's what this is. Let the consumer speak with their money and let the failure games fail. Simple economics dictate this game will fail and the DLC will fail. There I made your day.

Perpetual debt is slavery.

8. Re: Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising DLC and Patch Tomorrow Nov 4, 2009, 11:46 G-Snake

I was going to check this game out seeing as how the first game was pretty cool.

Didn't this game come out like a month ago? They're already pumping out DLCs? Sure it's nice that it's 'free' for PC users (I don't really consider ot free when you realize that the game is half-baked with no dedi servers and a terrible lobby system), but the fact that a DLC is released nearly a month after the release of the game is beyond pathetic. I don't even give a shit about the prices, it's the principle.

Game released: October 6th, 2009

Start nickle and diming your customers: November 6th, 2009.

In other words, had Flashpoint been delayed a month, this 'DLC' would have be added as regular content.

This is what we get for a generation of kiddies getting their parents' credit cards in order to blow money on absurd DLC stuff. Kiddies buy, devs believe it's a good strategy, lather, rinse, repeat all the way to the bank.

Man video games suck major balls these days. The only two shooters I even play anymore are Counter-Strike and Battlefield 2, and both those games are at least nearly 5 years old (CS being even older).

If full immersion VR is a reality in our lifetimes, I sure as hell hope they don't pussify the games like they have been over the last few years.

It's only a matter of time before DLCs are developped before the game is even finished/release. Gotta love that greed.

Now someone defend DLCs by saying 'simple economics', please make my day.

7. Re: Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising Patc Nov 4, 2009, 11:27 LittleMe

A fix for the credits bug! Finally!

ROFLMAO!!

6. Re: Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising Patc Nov 4, 2009, 11:26 Elf Shot The Food

A fix for the credits bug! Finally!  

5. Re: Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising Patc Nov 4, 2009, 11:14 Wildone

Same here

"Re: Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising DLC and Patch Tomorrow Nov 4, 2009, 10:48 MTechnik

I got about 3 missions in before the annoying checkpoint saves and boring game made me move on. "

4. Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising Patc Nov 4, 2009, 11:13 LittleMe

Shok that forum thread is LOL. One guy had a nice insight saying the PC patch list is identical to the PS3's and asked "what did we get a ps3 port?" LOL. Consolitis at it's finest.

No wonder it took them so long to make the game, they can't even release more than a minor patch which they've been working on, I presume, since the game went gold. I'm soooo glad I didn't buy this game. It's sad really.

This comment was edited on Nov 4, 2009, 11:13.

3. Re: Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising DLC and Patch Tomorrow Nov 4, 2009, 10:59 LittleMe

They successfully destroyed multiplayer with this game. No dedicated servers, no joining games in-progress, no anti-cheat. EPIC FAILURE. Truly, I mean epic.  

2. Re: Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising DLC and Patch Tomorrow Nov 4, 2009, 10:57 Shok

PC Fix list:
http://community.codemasters.com/forum/showthread.php?t=394523

1. Re: Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising DLC and Patch Tomorrow Nov 4, 2009, 10:48 MTechnik

I got about 3 missions in before the annoying checkpoint saves and boring game made me move on.  

19 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo