Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

WAR Trial Time Limit to End

WAR Newsletter October 2009 has some details on the version 1.3.2 patch for Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning, as well as other bits of tid about Mythic's MMORPG. The newsletter also reveals plans to lift the 10-day time restriction on the game's free trial: "We’ll soon be lifting the 10-day restriction on our Free Trial! You'll be able to enjoy the trial experience and New User Journey for as long as you like!" Thanks Massively.

View
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

6. Re: WAR Trial Time Limit to End Oct 31, 2009, 14:47 Yifes

Actually when I played the beta way back when, Tier 1 RVR was the reason I chose to buy the game because there was massive battles with walls of players on either side in standoff situations. Pretty cool indeed if they could bring that back through this.

Yeah, tier 1 was pretty awesome back in the day. Sad to see so much potential wasted.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: WAR Trial Time Limit to End Oct 31, 2009, 13:03 Gentle Nova

This potentially could be a good strategy, depending upon how it's implemented. For example, if it is a level cap, letting you play through Tier 1 (including the RVR zone) but not letting you out of it, then it could improve the gameplay for everyone including subscribers. The reason being is that Tier 1 zones are pretty much ghost towns for the most part. This will get a lot more people in them. Actually when I played the beta way back when, Tier 1 RVR was the reason I chose to buy the game because there was massive battles with walls of players on either side in standoff situations. Pretty cool indeed if they could bring that back through this.

That said though, I still have no interest in paying for the game until they make combat within keeps much more complex and dynamic (i.e. something similar to Tribes or Planetside). Going from one ramp to two really isn't enough.

4. Re: WAR Trial Time Limit to End Oct 31, 2009, 11:51 Stin

The free trial is likely crippled in some way i.e. can't level past a certain point etc.

I think this is a step in the right direction - I wanted to try this game out a long time ago, but they were so reticent about letting people demo the game that I lost interest, and don't want to be forced to cram game time into a 10 day window. This might at last get me to try the thing out.

--
Stin

3. Re: WAR Trial Time Limit to End Oct 31, 2009, 08:39 Luke

Say ? Do i read this right ? , make a trail account and play for as long time you like?
What about does who pays a monthly feed ?? are they getting it for free now also or ?

2. Re: WAR Trial Time Limit to End Oct 30, 2009, 22:14 Sempai

Simply lift the subscription altogether and you'll see an influx of people who will play your game.

How to pay the bills? I dunno thats your problem at this point, the fact of the matter is your asking a premium price for a mmo that clearly isnt.

I wonder what mark jacobs is doing these days..
If your listening mark, i want my $80 bucks back(yes, i bought the special edish) you fucking tool bag.

1. Re: WAR Trial Time Limit to End Oct 30, 2009, 20:36 Lorcin

"You'll be able to enjoy the trial experience and New User Journey for as long as you like!"

guess their going for the indecisive market?

6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo