Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Left 4 Dead 2 DLC Clues?

"Miracle Pack" and "Apocalyptic Pack" may be the names of planned DLC for Left 4 Dead 2, reports Computer and Video Games, saying both names appear within the code of the just-released demo for Valve's zombie shooter sequel. They say the pack appear "alongside" names of the original Left 4 Dead survivors, saying they "will presumably be up for selection and some point in the sequel."

View
22 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

22. Re: Left 4 Dead 2 DLC Clues? Oct 31, 2009, 10:15 MrBone

L4D is my favorite game by far. As for getting screwed with L4D2; hogwash. Valve is still the king in my eyes.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

21. Re: Left 4 Dead 2 DLC Clues? Oct 31, 2009, 00:51 Ruffiana

Already bought L4D2, and I really don't care if they never release a DLC. I've almost gotten my money's worth from the 2 level demo alone, so looking forward to the various campaigns and game modes to play with at release.

Still haven't played Crash Course in L4D, or even survivor mode for that matter...but I still felt I got more than my money's worth out of that game.

Valve's making money, I'm having a blast, who's the real loser in this deal?

This comment was edited on Oct 31, 2009, 00:54.

20. Re: Left 4 Dead 2 DLC Clues? Oct 31, 2009, 00:36 RollinThundr

Tumbler, it's better than a sequel announcement. This is what I wanted them to do with Left 4 Dead 1, I'd rather get DLC once in awhile than get a sequel at full price yearly

Just for you I hope they release the DLC day 1 or a week later, so you can continue your crusade about "cutting content to make a buck"

19. Re: Left 4 Dead 2 DLC Clues? Oct 30, 2009, 22:41 derelict koan

still 85 times better value than a movie, and more interesting  
www.derelictkoan.com - speculative psychosis in trilogy form

18. Re: Left 4 Dead 2 DLC Clues? Oct 30, 2009, 19:42 MTechnik

As a mostly lurker, I love the spats that L4D engenders.  

17. Re: Left 4 Dead 2 DLC Clues? Oct 30, 2009, 16:49 Prez

LOL! But you guys have that certain something...

When you two meet up, sparks fly!

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

16. Re: Left 4 Dead 2 DLC Clues? Oct 30, 2009, 16:47 Krovven

See, you guys don't need me and Verno...

15. Re: Left 4 Dead 2 DLC Clues? Oct 30, 2009, 16:40 Prez

Uhh...where did I insult anyone except calling them "whiners"? Is that really so bad? Especially when considering the asinine post I was responding to?

Well, you ask me where you insulted others then point out exactly where you insulted others! Is 'whiners' so bad? No, but it is still used in a derogatory manner - why stoop to it at all? Even if you don't mean it that way, it's all too easily assumed that you consider anyone who complains about L4D at all to be "whining".

The post you were responding to was clearly written to elicit a response. Most rational people don't put much stock in such over-the-top antagonistic statements of absolutes and blatant exaggerations.

EDIT: Truth be told, I don't disagree with a lot of the poster's message. The delivery isn't my style though, as it is insulting and leaves no room for discussion.

This comment was edited on Oct 30, 2009, 16:51.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

14. Re: Left 4 Dead 2 DLC Clues? Oct 30, 2009, 16:29 elefunk

Just a question LMN8R - do you EVER try to pose a counterpoint without insulting everyone else?
Uhh...where did I insult anyone except calling them "whiners"? Is that really so bad? Especially when considering the asinine post I was responding to?

Where did anyone say that? People are posting their opinions. You dont agree with them so youre insulting them is whats really going on.
Did you miss this eloquent whiney bitchfest?

It just baffles me on the millions of suckers ready to eat this game up when it's the same friggin' game that was released last year with new skins and a few new modes. It's a FULL PRICE expansion pack and it is a complete ripoff plain and simple. I wasted my money on the first L4D giving it a chance because it was a valve project but never again! All the suckers lining up to suck it down just because it's Valve and they just can do no wrong now can they fanboys??? Guess who's laughing all the way to the bank? The fuckers abandon HL Ep3 for this garbage... "screw the faithful to the HL series, we gots ourselves a new cash cow... yee haaaw!" Waiting 3 years for a EPISODE is just plain wrong, and when they switched to episodes they promised it would be so they can get them out quicker!

13. Re: Left 4 Dead 2 DLC Clues? Oct 30, 2009, 16:18 The PC Warrior

What baffles me is the whiners that constantly go on trying to stay all high and mighty pretending like their opinions are more valid than those of people who absolutely loved Left 4 Dead

Where did anyone say that? People are posting their opinions. You dont agree with them so youre insulting them is whats really going on.

12. Re: Left 4 Dead 2 DLC Clues? Oct 30, 2009, 16:15 Prez

What baffles me is the whiners that constantly go on trying to stay all high and mighty pretending like their opinions are more valid than those of people who absolutely loved Left 4 Dead, and think that Left 4 Dead 2 looks to be like a fantastic and very substantial sequel.

Just a question LMN8R - do you EVER try to pose a counterpoint without insulting everyone else? Does it somehow make your opposing viewpoint more valuable if it is laden with insults and derogatory comments?

It seems counterproductive to post an opposing viewpoint while insulting those to whom it's directed, thereby assuring that your points will fall on defensively deaf ears regardless of their validity. Just an observation - don't shoot the messenger!

- Mahatma Gandhi

11. Re: Left 4 Dead 2 DLC Clues? Oct 30, 2009, 16:10 nin

What baffles me is the whiners that constantly go on trying to stay all high and mighty and think that Left 4 Dead 2 looks to be like a "fantastic" and "very substantial" sequel.

Pot, kettle...

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

10. Re: Left 4 Dead 2 DLC Clues? Oct 30, 2009, 15:58 Krovven

And on a more lighthearted note...

A couple of the characters reminded me of real life actors if a live action movie was done...Nick = Bradley Cooper and Ellis = Chris Pine.

9. Re: Left 4 Dead 2 DLC Clues? Oct 30, 2009, 15:53 elefunk

What baffles me is the whiners that constantly go on trying to stay all high and mighty pretending like their opinions are more valid than those of people who absolutely loved Left 4 Dead, and think that Left 4 Dead 2 looks to be like a fantastic and very substantial sequel.

Sorry that you think it's "garbage", and think they've "abandoned" Half-Life, but hey, us millions? We love the game, and couldn't care less if Valve is "laughing all the way to the bank" because of it.

8. Re: Left 4 Dead 2 DLC Clues? Oct 30, 2009, 14:25 spindoctor

It just baffles me on the millions of suckers ready to eat this game up when it's the same friggin' game that was released last year with new skins and a few new modes. It's a FULL PRICE expansion pack and it is a complete ripoff plain and simple. I wasted my money on the first L4D giving it a chance because it was a valve project but never again! All the suckers lining up to suck it down just because it's Valve and they just can do no wrong now can they fanboys??? Guess who's laughing all the way to the bank? The fuckers abandon HL Ep3 for this garbage... "screw the faithful to the HL series, we gots ourselves a new cash cow... yee haaaw!" Waiting 3 years for a EPISODE is just plain wrong, and when they switched to episodes they promised it would be so they can get them out quicker!

CRY SOME MORE LITTLE MeN

In other news, the L4D2 demo is a lot of fun. The gore and gibs really do remind me of the classic Doom days. It's the single best enhancement to the game which no one seems to be talking about. There are definitely some things that will take getting used to though... The characters and the music for me.

Some of the most miserable and unhappy gamers on the planet are at Bluesnews

7. Re: Left 4 Dead 2 DLC Clues? Oct 30, 2009, 13:50 Prez

It's a FULL PRICE expansion pack and it is a complete ripoff plain and simple.

Which is why I'm personally waiting until a half-price sale, which would make it a REGULAR PRICE expansion pack.

I can get why this isn't a lot of peoples' type of game; it's a bit of a one-trick pony. But I love the premise, and now that the community has filled in the gaps inexplicably left by Valve, I have enjoyed the hell out of the original. I am interested in the sequel - I'm just not willing to take any more leaps of faith like I did with the first nor am I willing to pay full price as of right now.

- Mahatma Gandhi

6. Re: Left 4 Dead 2 DLC Clues? Oct 30, 2009, 13:24 MuzixMon

"When all thats left is console gaming, I will game no more."

5. Re: Left 4 Dead 2 DLC Clues? Oct 30, 2009, 13:23 Verno

Tumbler, it's better than a sequel announcement. This is what I wanted them to do with Left 4 Dead 1, I'd rather get DLC once in awhile than get a sequel at full price yearly.  

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: The Fall, The Walking Dead, Leon

4. Re: Left 4 Dead 2 DLC Clues? Oct 30, 2009, 13:21 |oR|jonvall

It should be introduced at half price to people that got f#@ked the first time around!  

3. Re: Left 4 Dead 2 DLC Clues? Oct 30, 2009, 12:50 Tumbler

Sick to death (pun intended) of hearing about this game. Just release it already and shut up. For the love of god it's bad enough you slap a full price sticker on this game but to be bombarded from all directions like this is just insane. It's a zombie game cloning a game released a year ago. Seriously, give us a fucking break already.  
99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

22 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo