Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Diablo III Interview

The Diablo-Source Exclusive Interview with Diablo 3 Lead Technical Artist Julian Love was conducted a few weeks ago and posted today. In addition to the art in Blizzard's action/RPG, the conversation also touches on BlizzCon and the new Battle.net. The concluding answer indicates the game will improve upon the PvP support of its forebears: "Just the overview, we like PVP we recognize that it wasn't treated very well in the previous games and we would like to do something to make it better for Diablo 3. What that will be is not something that we can talk about right now."

View
14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

14. Re: Creston Oct 29, 2009, 16:31 Zephalephelah

Is the water "yellow"?  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

13. Re: Creston Oct 29, 2009, 15:36 Kxmode

Zephalephelah, if you stand under a Creston waterfall you gain +20 to strength.  

12. Re: Creston Oct 29, 2009, 14:33 Longswd

There are no bridges suitable for habitation here, move along.

I don't always drink carbonated Mexican rat piss, but when I do, I prefer Dos Equis.

11. Re: Creston Oct 29, 2009, 14:05 Zephalephelah

Still signing your name I see, like you're writing us all love letters.

You do realize that your name is already in the post. It's on the upper-right of every post you make.

Hey everyone, my name is Creston. I'm Creston. I'll write my name again... Creston. I love my name, Creston, Creston, Creston, Creston.

Oh, oh, my name!! It's CRESTON!!!!! I love my name!!!! It's so cool. I have to put it in my posts because it's so cool.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!CRESTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. Re: Diablo III Interview Oct 29, 2009, 13:06 NobleAtreides

It's beyond me how people think D3 will be out in 2011. Nice to dream but no where near before 2014-2015

This is Blizzards' new approach, although it will kick them back in the ass by veteran gamers. I was never a Starcraft fan, but the time to took from StarcraftII announcement, to a "maybe?" release next year in 2010, only to unveil something that already looks like Starcraft1 and nothing that I saw to impress me, meanwhile Command&Conquer4 will totally take my interest away from SC2.

D3, sure, welcome it in 2011, but I think it will be chapter1 of 5, in 2015, with 1,000 interviews inbetween, and pay to play options when it's finally out. I'll pay for D3 enhancements, but not rightaway. Need 5x+ patches first.

9. Re: Diablo III Interview Oct 29, 2009, 06:38 LittleMe

Yeah Torchlight is very nice. Definitely worth $20.  

Political freedom can only be preceded by economic freedom which is preceded by monetary freedom.

8. Re: Diablo III Interview Oct 29, 2009, 02:15 Creston

Who cares about PvP, just get the game out already. Christ, at this rate it'll be another 5 years before we see it.

2011 at the earliest, and my guess would be Xmas 2011. There is a huge Diablo 3 preview in this month's PC Gamer, and from the looks of it it's nowhere NEAR done.

Here they say "We can't talk about it," (the PvP support), in the PC Gamer issue they said "We have nothing to talk about, we haven't decided on anything yet."

Admittedly that interview would have been given a few months ago.

But apparently they are looking at making PvP bigger.

Creston

7. Re: Diablo III Interview Oct 29, 2009, 02:12 derelict koan

thanks for the torchlight tip, looks sweet!  
www.derelictkoan.com - speculative psychosis in trilogy form

6. Re: Game Reviews Oct 29, 2009, 01:39 Selektaa

Say that in 18 months. I can wait.  

5. Re: Game Reviews Oct 29, 2009, 01:33 BobBob

I lost interest in Diablo 3. Torchlight is all I need now.  

4. Re: Diablo III Interview Oct 29, 2009, 00:50 Kxmode

Cutter have you tried Torchlight? It's a very fun D3 placeholder  

3. Re: Diablo III Interview Oct 29, 2009, 00:21 PHJF

It's too difficult to gracefully handle PvP in the Diablo setting.

PvM is player versus sometimes dozens of monsters at a time, and player abilities reflect that by offering lots of AoE and whatnot, abilities which do not translate well into PvP. Plus every fight in Diablo was settled before it began: who has the higher lvl and who has the better gear? If they want to *seriously* implement PvP it needs to go the Guild Wars route with objectives/challenges and a more arena-like setting.

Steam + PSN: PHJF

2. Re: Diablo III Interview Oct 28, 2009, 23:48 Cutter

Who cares about PvP, just get the game out already. Christ, at this rate it'll be another 5 years before we see it.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

1. Re: Diablo III Interview Oct 28, 2009, 23:26 PropheT

You mean ganking?

I'm not sure I ever encountered PvP in Diablo before, but I definitely ran into ganking.

14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo