Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Elder Scrolls V Hint

Waterstones.com's listing for The Elder Scrolls: Infernal City has a blurb about this recently revealed novel set in the Elder Scrolls Universe. As noted by Kotaku, the write-up about the book revealed the timeline of the next Elder Scrolls game, though this has been since edited out. According to their report, the blurb previously said: "A novel that takes places forty-five years after the Oblivion Crisis, which is the story of The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion game and the expansion pack Shivering Isles. It partly bridges the gap for the next game, which is set 200 years after the Oblivion crisis."

View
34 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

34. Re: Elder Scrolls V Hint Oct 28, 2009, 10:57 Wowbagger_TIP

Mods will not be allowed in the next TES game.

Fuck you PC Gamers buy our DLC.
Not if they have half a brain. Mods are the only things saving their games from languishing forever in mediocrity. Their DLC releases are pathetic. Single modders are releasing things they work on in their spare time that blow away the DLC that Bethesda is putting out. Maybe they should hire those guys... and some new voice actors for fuck's sake!

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

33. Re: It it continues down the path . . . Oct 28, 2009, 04:06 Jerykk

Didn't Risen pretty much just do that?

Oh snap. It's true that Risen has less skills and factions than Gothic 3. Big difference is that Risen's skills actually work and the factions are well-developed.

That said, I consider both Oblivion and Risen to be more action/adventure games than RPGs. There isn't much roleplaying in either and you can become highly proficient in most of the skills. That said, at least Risen forces you to choose a side, whereas Oblivion lets you join every faction.

32. Re: Elder Scrolls V Hint Oct 27, 2009, 00:31 Sepharo

Mods will not be allowed in the next TES game.

Fuck you PC Gamers buy our DLC.

31. Re: Elder Scrolls V Hint Oct 26, 2009, 20:14 Drayth

The game had a full blown calendar in the GUI. There's even a mod to translate the day of the current year into Earth's day and month equivalent.

-edit
Oblivion With Guns Without Guns?

Fallout with swords?

This comment was edited on Oct 26, 2009, 20:15.

30. Re: Elder Scrolls V Hint Oct 26, 2009, 18:39 Satsu

Set 200 years after Oblivion? That's nice, EXCEPT I DON'T KNOW WHAT YEAR 4E9C20 WAS@#$!! Seriously, I had no idea what day of the week it was, only that it was night or day.  

29. Re: Elder Scrolls V Hint Oct 26, 2009, 17:12 Prez

It only came out three and a half years later. No way that has anything to do with better engines.

Freelancer looked SOOOO much better than Wing Commander 2!!

This comment was edited on Oct 26, 2009, 17:13.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

28. Re: Elder Scrolls V Hint Oct 26, 2009, 14:55 PHJF

Oblivion With Guns Without Guns?  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

27. Re: Elder Scrolls V Hint Oct 26, 2009, 12:38 Beamer

Risens game engine kicked the Bethesda Oblivion engine in the ass!

It only came out three and a half years later. No way that has anything to do with better engines.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

26. Re: Elder Scrolls V Hint Oct 26, 2009, 11:56 Surf

Risens game engine kicked the Bethesda Oblivion engine in the ass! Seemless towns, dungeons, there was no loading at all unless you teleported.

Bethesda needs to completely ditch their crap game engine. So sick of having to see a door into every dungeon and "loading" screens once you go into one. How about those homes in towns with no windows open? Lame immersion or lack there of.

25. Re: It it continues down the path . . . Oct 26, 2009, 10:38 Cutter

Risen has a great story and it's engaging, Oblivion was like wating paint dry.

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's dead… Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

24. Re: It it continues down the path . . . Oct 26, 2009, 08:58 Wowbagger_TIP

. . . of it's predecessors. This one will have only 15 skills, one type of armor, and two or three types of weapons. Every game gets dumber than the one before it.
Didn't Risen pretty much just do that?

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

23. It it continues down the path . . . Oct 26, 2009, 07:48 Dreagon

. . . of it's predecessors. This one will have only 15 skills, one type of armor, and two or three types of weapons. Every game gets dumber than the one before it.

This comment was edited on Oct 26, 2009, 07:49.

------
Carpe Papilla

"@Dreagon - Comparing Oblivion to Deer Hunter was just ridiculous and you should be ashamed of yourself... it just made you look like a Class-A cunt." - theyarecomingforyou

22. Re: Elder Scrolls V Hint Oct 26, 2009, 01:50 Beamer

Haha, that bugged me about FO3, hearing the same handful of people doing every voice.

Oddly that didn't bother me at all.
Except the peasants. Having them give one line in terrible "poor person" accent and the next in refined british was just awkward.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

21. Re: Elder Scrolls V Hint Oct 26, 2009, 01:43 Creston

Awesome. Loved Oblivion (and Fallout 3), and definitely want a new Elder Scrolls like it.

However, PLEASE ditch that shitty Gamebryo engine.

Creston

20. Re: Elder Scrolls V Hint Oct 26, 2009, 00:25 Jerykk

If it's more alien-culture-Morrowind and a lot less boring as fuck generic fantasy Oblivion I'll be well happy.

Agreed 1000%. Morrowind was an interesting setting. Oblivion? Not so much.

19. Re: Elder Scrolls V Hint Oct 25, 2009, 23:43 AdamK47

I really hope the next Elder Scrolls is not an MMO. It NEEDS to be a single player experience.  

18. Re: Elder Scrolls V Hint Oct 25, 2009, 23:19 Dwarf_Snowninja

Or ditch most of the voice acting except for plot critical characters and use subtitles for the rest? Heaven forbid we have to read -_-.  

17. Re: Elder Scrolls V Hint Oct 25, 2009, 22:57 Fion

You can do that in Id Tech 5, though with FAR more capabilities.

If they make an Elder Scrolls 5 I don't want to see Oblvion v1.5. Each Elder Scroll game has been quite different from the last, so I hope the next one is as well. Though I'm sure because it will be geared toward the console crowd it will be just as dumbed down as Oblivion. The days of Daggerfall and Morrowind are passed I'm afraid.

And yea, come on. More than 4 voice actors (that all suck and cant do anything but the ONE voice) and the rest of the VO budget spent on 1 or 2 big name guys with 1/100th the part of the rest is RUINING YOUR GAMES!

This comment was edited on Oct 25, 2009, 22:58.

16. Re: Elder Scrolls V Hint Oct 25, 2009, 22:04 effbee

Haha, that bugged me about FO3, hearing the same handful of people doing every voice.  

15. Re: Elder Scrolls V Hint Oct 25, 2009, 21:37 Elf Shot The Food

There's still lots of time for them to hire four voice actors.  

34 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo