Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Colin McRae: DiRT 2 Dated

Codemasters announces the unveiling of the DirectX 11 edition of Colin McRae: DiRT 2 at a Windows 7 launch event. In July it was announced that the PC edition of the racing sequel was being held back until December to implement DirectX 11 support, and this announcement offers specifics, saying the PC edition is coming on December 1 in North America, December 3 in EPAC territories, and December 4 in the UK. Here are some new screenshots, there's a Direct X 11 DiRT trailer on ActionTrip, FileFront, and Gamer's Hell, and here's a bit on DirectX 11 support: "Codemasters will take advantage of DirectX 11 features to add to the realism of the racing environment. Hardware tessellation will further improve the appearance of water and other surfaces as well as crowd animations. The performance of Shader Model 5.0 will aid in creating an even richer 3D experience, enhancing key image quality parameters such as depth of field, ambient occlusion and shadows. These DirectX 11 features, and many others, combine to deliver the most exciting and visceral racing experience yet."

View
15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

15. Re: Colin McRae: DiRT 2 Dated Oct 22, 2009, 23:00 ASJD

You're joking, surely? GRID was stunning on PC and DiRT2 looks to be even better.

Nope, Forza 3 and Gran Turismo 5 are light years ahead of Dirt 2.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Re: Colin McRae: DiRT 2 Dated Oct 22, 2009, 22:43 theyarecomingforyou

These guys just need some better artists and technical people. When console games such as Forza 3 and Gran Turismo 5 put the highest end PC games to graphical shame, you know something is wrong.
You're joking, surely? GRID was stunning on PC and DiRT2 looks to be even better.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

13. Re: Colin McRae: DiRT 2 Dated Oct 22, 2009, 21:57 siapnar

Forza 3 and GT5 look far too squeaky clean... makes it actually look less realistic.
The textures are high res, but very basic, as well.

I prefer GRID and DiRT2 visuals to those series of games any day.

I have projectile dysfunction.

12. Re: Colin McRae: DiRT 2 Dated Oct 22, 2009, 20:21 ASJD

Can't imagine why you'd think otherwise. Did you watch the video or look at the screenshots above. It's not even an close comparison.  

11. Re: Colin McRae: DiRT 2 Dated Oct 22, 2009, 19:24 [THA] Hamst3r

These guys just need some better artists and technical people. When console games such as Forza 3 and Gran Turismo 5 put the highest end PC games to graphical shame, you know something is wrong.

The only thing I see wrong is you thinking those look better. ;D

- The Hamster Alliance
http://www.hamsteralliance.com/ (music)

http://twitter.com/hamst3r | http://www.facebook.com/hamsteralliance | http://www.youtube.com/hamsteralliance

10. Re: Colin McRae: DiRT 2 Dated Oct 22, 2009, 18:23 ASJD

9. Re: Colin McRae: DiRT 2 Dated Oct 22, 2009, 17:42 siapnar

Those screenshots need more HDR/Bloom...

Really, DX11 improvements will mostly be seen in FPS games since you can actually take time to enjoy the extra detail close up.

I have projectile dysfunction.

8. Re: Colin McRae: DiRT 2 Dated Oct 22, 2009, 16:17 Ginny

Great game, but enhanced for dx11, those static shots don't differ from the ps3 at a first glance.

Tbh the game being all action packed and fast moving, you never notice the crowd aside from the ones at the start/finsh, and the water is mere small puddles on the track.

Don't get me wrong i hope it realy shines in a dx11 skin, the pc needs a boost, but at a glace id say you'd be hard pushed to tell the difference between a dx9/10 ps/box version while you're ramming the car hard round the courses.

7. Re: Colin McRae: DiRT 2 Dated Oct 22, 2009, 14:21 A51Abductee

I received a coupon voucher for this game in my ATI 5870 box, for download and installation via Steam. I think that ATI is including vouchers for this game with most of their 58XX series cards. Let's hope that it doesn't turn into a fiasco like the previous ATI Half-Life 2/Steam program did. Looking forward to seeing DX11 in action.  

6. Re: Colin McRae: DiRT 2 Dated Oct 22, 2009, 13:56 Bumpy

Nice to see a date finally. The DX11 stuff all looks rather useless, especially if frame rate takes a hit, except for in replays when you want to ohh and ahh maybe.  

5. Re: Colin McRae: DiRT 2 Dated Oct 22, 2009, 13:24 SpectralMeat

Ahh okay, thanks for the heads up Dagok.  

Steam: SpectralMeat

4. Re: Colin McRae: DiRT 2 Dated Oct 22, 2009, 13:21 Krovven

He doesn't know what he is talking about.

NCIX.com, canadian company...carry both the 5850 & 5870.

They have limited supply of some models and are sold out of most others.

3. Re: Colin McRae: DiRT 2 Dated Oct 22, 2009, 13:08 SpectralMeat

Isn't ATI a Canadian Company the begin with? It is nice to see that they treat their own Country well.  

Steam: SpectralMeat

2. Re: Colin McRae: DiRT 2 Dated Oct 22, 2009, 12:59 NobleAtreides

Hurry up yes, Canadians still waiting for any sign of 5850 or 5870 period! Comon, Tropico3 is out today, and torchlight on the 27th! I want my 58xx now !!! ATI? anyone? why do you hate canada so much?  

1. Re: Colin McRae: DiRT 2 Dated Oct 22, 2009, 12:34 theyarecomingforyou

Sweet. I can't wait. I just wish ATi would hurry up with the 5870x2.  

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo