Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Shattered Horizon System Requirements

Futuremark Games Studio announces the system requirements for Shattered Horizon, their upcoming multiplayer PC first-person shooter, which will not support Windows XP:

Minimum Requirements:
Shattered Horizon requires DirectX 10 on Windows Vista or Windows 7. There is no support for Windows XP or DirectX 9.

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 / AMD Athlon64 X2 5600+
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce 8800GT / ATI Radeon HD 3870
GPU memory: 256MB
Hard disk space: 1.5 GB
RAM: 2GB
Sound: Windows Vista compatible sound card

Recommended Requirements:
Shattered Horizon requires DirectX 10 on Windows Vista or Windows 7. There is no support for Windows XP or DirectX 9.

CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 / AMD Phenom II X4 940
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 / ATI Radeon HD 4870
GPU memory: 512MB
Hard disk space: 1.5GB
RAM: 2GB
Sound: Windows Vista compatible sound card

View
46 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

46. Re: Shattered Horizon System Requirements Oct 24, 2009, 17:23 Prez

Locking out 70% of the market would be stupid, but 60%? That makes total sense.

Laugh Laugh2 Smartass

Not trying to be an instigator, but that was pretty funny.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

45. Re: Shattered Horizon System Requirements Oct 23, 2009, 14:13 JoeNapalm

Smart. Locking 70% of the people with a computer out of the market is a GREAT way to do business. -- Creston

-For the record - Steam statistics show 40% of gaming machines are DX10 now (Vista/Win7 + DX10 graphics cards) -- LMN8R

Yeah, I guess you really showed ol' Creston.

Locking out 70% of the market would be stupid, but 60%? That makes total sense.

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

This comment was edited on Oct 23, 2009, 15:05.

44. Re: Shattered Horizon System Requirement Oct 23, 2009, 05:20 Calabi-Yau

> As I've already explained, since it's not rocket science here:
-Futuremark has always, forever and ever, been about graphics first

This is Blues, we don't welcome that kind of marketing crap talk around here.

Futuremark has always, forever and ever, been about.. umm.. heavily promoting their own rather mediocre and over-engineered product as an industry standard.

43. Re: Shattered Horizon System Requirements Oct 23, 2009, 00:55 ThatOtherGuy

One mans 'sucking up resources' is another mans 'spending resources on increased features and flexibility'.  

42. Re: win7 is not made for your Tandy Oct 22, 2009, 23:00 space captain

depends on the hardware you are using, as 64 bit win7 has alot more free resources than XP on a i7 with 6gb of ram.. not to mention the optimized multi-threading capabilities  
Go forth, and kill!

41. Re: Shattered Horizon System Requirements Oct 22, 2009, 22:53 elefunk

I don't care about a pretty desktop or fancy icons. I want an OS that doesn't needlessly suck up resources like Vista or Windows 7. Sorry, sticking to XP.
".....said the luddite who replaces informed opinions with false realities"

40. Re: Shattered Horizon System Requirements Oct 22, 2009, 22:36 Donkey_Punch

I don't care about a pretty desktop or fancy icons. I want an OS that doesn't needlessly suck up resources like Vista or Windows 7. Sorry, sticking to XP.  

39. Re: Shattered Horizon System Requirements Oct 22, 2009, 19:57 space captain

"Today marks the very last day that I post here. Life's too short and I simply can't be bothered anymore." - Derek Smart, Oct 16, 2009, 13:27
R.I.P. Derek Smart (Feb 26, 2001 - Oct 16, 2009)

missed this thread, but..

HAH! dude - fucking WUTEVA

also - V I C T O R Y !

Go forth, and kill!

38. Re: Shattered Horizon System Requirements Oct 22, 2009, 18:52 Prez

Don't know why but I sensing a high degree of aggressive-aggressivism in this thread.

This public service message brought to you by the Department of Redundancy Department.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

37. Re: Shattered Horizon System Requirements Oct 22, 2009, 18:26 ASJD

I was already in the beta test, and now the NDA is up.

Anyways I gave my opinion before, but this 'game' is a total joke. Really simple gameplay, middling graphics. The game ran just fine on my hardware, which meets all the recommended specs. Basically the game does at least run better than Crysis.

The gameplay is the real drawback though, there is nothing of interest in the game to anyone. Game should be $5.

36. Re: Shattered Horizon System Requirements Oct 22, 2009, 18:13 elefunk

It's quite sad that in this day and age, using simple logical reasoning means that you're a "plant".

As I've already explained, since it's not rocket science here:
-Futuremark has always, forever and ever, been about graphics first
-3D Vantage from a year and a half ago was DX10-only, why would their game be any different?
-They probably don't even have a modern, up-to-date DirectX 9 engine anymore
-Developing DX10-only is far easier - especially when you have an established graphics engine - than developing for that + an overhauld DX9 engine
-Shattered Horizon is an experiment more than anything - a few guys add some interactivity to their benchmarks and call it a day
-They're selling it for $20 - obviously a sign that it's nothing special, just a fun experiment for them
-For the record - Steam statistics show 40% of gaming machines are DX10 now (Vista/Win7 + DX10 graphics cards)

For fuck's sake, I was in the Shattered Horizon beta and think it's a boring, uninspired game, and have no intentions of buying it. But I'm not closed-minded enough to remotely consider, even for a second, that they're "stupid" or are "ignoring" DX9. They're deliberately leaving an 8-year-old graphics API in the past, and attempting to push forward graphics, just as they always have for more than a decade.

They did what they wanted to do, the target market for their game will probably already have what they need to run it, and it was probably cheaper and far simpler to develop DX10-only than also re-investing in a very old DX9 engine.

This comment was edited on Oct 22, 2009, 19:06.

35. Re: Shattered Horizon System Requirements Oct 22, 2009, 17:37 Kxmode

Don't know why but I sensing a high degree of aggressive-aggressivism in this thread. Thinking  

34. Re: Shattered Horizon System Requirements Oct 22, 2009, 17:24 Creston

Who died and made you the fucking king here, sparky? I know you love humping publishers' legs until they're sore, but every single one of your posts nowadays is basically just "don't you dare say something bad about publisher X, waaaaah!"

You've got to be a plant, paid by publishers to blow sunshine up their asses. If not, then you're just turning into the biggest fucking tool on the entire internet.

Excluding the dominant OS on the market is dumb-ass business decision, which is going to kill their sales. And the excuse du jour for when something doesn't sell is to blame piracy. Can you put two and two together, or should I draw it in fucking color for you?

Creston

33. Re: Shattered Horizon System Requirements Oct 22, 2009, 16:58 elefunk

Smart. Locking 70% of the people with a computer out of the market is a GREAT way to do business.

Make sure to bitch about piracy when the game doesn't sell, fellas.

Creston
Oh shush, this is fucking Futuremark we're talking about. Show me one article where they've ever bitched about people pirating 3D Mark, especially Vantage, which was also DX10-only and came out a year and a half ago.

Same the retarded accusations for companies who actually go around spouting nonsense about piracy.

32. Re: Shattered Horizon System Requirements Oct 22, 2009, 16:55 Creston

Smart. Locking 70% of the people with a computer out of the market is a GREAT way to do business.

Make sure to bitch about piracy when the game doesn't sell, fellas.

Creston

31. Re: Shattered Horizon System Requirement Oct 22, 2009, 16:54 Parallax Abstraction

EDIT: Forget it.

This comment was edited on Oct 22, 2009, 16:55.

Parallax Abstraction
Geek Bravado | YouTube (Watch/Rate/Comment on my shows!)

30. Re: Shattered Horizon System Requirements Oct 22, 2009, 16:46 Dmitri_M

I'm looking forward to this game.

Atmosphere looks cool.

29. Re: Shattered Horizon System Requirements Oct 22, 2009, 16:41 ventry

Only reason for me to use Windows is for games. No other reason. Everything else I want to do I can do on Linux for free.

Why use 2 operating systems when I can play games AND do everything else I want to do on one. Windows.

28. Re: Shattered Horizon System Requirement Oct 22, 2009, 15:57 J

Oh stop with these dishonest representations of the purpose of an OS. The purpose of upgrading to the latest OS has never been to run the latest and greatest games, except maybe for Windows 95. Maybe you felt you didn't need Vista, but give me a break - Windows XP is nearly 8 years old now, and it shows in absolutely every facet of its technology. FFS it has top-tier highest-level UI dedicated to dial-up modems that's placed at a higher priority than local networking, let alone wireless networking!

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah...

It works for what I need it for. So long as it does this it's good for me. When it no longer does this then it is not good for me. It's quite simple. You're quite welcome to have your own opinions without feeling obliged to smother me with them.

Newsflash: Other people are not you. We have different preferences.

If you like it so much and want me to have it then feel free to subsidise the upgrade. You may as well upgrade the rest of the computer whilst you are at it so that it runs more efficiently.

Yeah, I didn't think so

27. Re: Shattered Horizon System Requirement Oct 22, 2009, 15:37 Prez

All you anti vista people need to get a clue, lolz

Obviously we have a true intellectual in our midst. Rolleyes

- Mahatma Gandhi

46 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo