Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Ghost Recon: Predator Title Revealed

The Australian Classification Board offers a rating for Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Predator, revealing the title of the next installment in the Ghost Recon series of tactical shooters. There's no other information about the game, except we see it is rated MA15+ in Australia for "strong violence." Thanks Destructoid.

View
19 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

19. Re: Ghost Recon: Predator Title Revealed Oct 22, 2009, 22:50 Donkey_Punch

It's true, Dragon Rising feels just like an arcadey original Ghost Recon.

Says the Arma fanboy.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

18. Re: Ghost Recon: Predator Title Revealed Oct 22, 2009, 03:36 Dmitri_M

Didn`t you guys just get Ghost Recon Dragon Rising????

It's true, Dragon Rising feels just like an arcadey original Ghost Recon.

17. Re: Ghost Recon: Predator Title Revealed Oct 21, 2009, 18:26 space captain

GET TO THE CHOPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

RUNNNNNNNNNN!!!

Go forth, and kill!

16. Re: Ghost Recon: Predator Title Revealed Oct 21, 2009, 17:53 Shataan

Didn`t you guys just get Ghost Recon Dragon Rising????  

15. Re: Ghost Recon: Predator Title Revealed Oct 21, 2009, 17:24 CJ_Parker

I love this series but the one thing they have got to fix is the way the AI sites you and always knows where you are. The one shot kills are absurd. I really like the way the AI acts in OF Dragon, this AI is awesome. They are not accurate to the point that itís stupid, they see you and open fire in your direction with misses all around you. They shoot at you like a human would shoot back at them. Misses and hit all over the place. To me this is accurate. This is what Ghost Recon lacks.

I fully agree. There's a difference between challenging and ridiculous and in the GRAWs (especially the first one) there was a lot of ridiculous crap going on. Like when your AI teammates would empty clip after clip without hitting an enemy in plain sight just once but the enemy 1-shot killed you and/or several of your team in a matter of seconds.
The earlier Rainbow Six (pre Lockdown) games suffered a bit from AI teammates that were almost too good to be true but at least it was realistic. I mean you *are* leading a team of the best of the best special ops folks after all.
GRAW, however, felt more like you were leading a nursing home team. Those dumbass teammates couldn't hit shit even if it was standing on their toes.

14. Re: Ghost Recon: Predator Title Revealed Oct 21, 2009, 16:59 Drayth

Command a squad of FOUR DEADLY REMOTE DRONES as you fly over Mexican poverty stricken slums! *Feel* the adrenaline fueled thrills as you dive, bank and climb in this season's most realistic remote unmanned flying sim!

Pushing the technology of Tom Clancy's HAWX up several notches you will not believe your eyes as you bomb terrorists from the clouds. Our advance AI has them talking, walking around, playing cards, picking their noses!!

Reserve your copy -NOW- ...before they fly away.

13. Re: Ghost Recon: Predator Title Revealed Oct 21, 2009, 16:00 Darks

I love this series but the one thing they have got to fix is the way the AI sites you and always knows where you are. The one shot kills are absurd. I really like the way the AI acts in OF Dragon, this AI is awesome. They are not accurate to the point that itís stupid, they see you and open fire in your direction with misses all around you. They shoot at you like a human would shoot back at them. Misses and hit all over the place. To me this is accurate. This is what Ghost Recon lacks.  

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Modules.Detail&id=6375

12. Re: Ghost Recon: Predator Title Revealed Oct 21, 2009, 15:32 Elf Shot The Food

"If it bleeds, we can kill it."  

11. Re: Ghost Recon: Predator Title Revealed Oct 21, 2009, 15:30 JoeNapalm

"Time to break out Ol' Painless."

I'd pass clean out should R6 or Ghost Recon ever return to their roots...

...or if I held my breath for that to happen.

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

10. Re: Ghost Recon: Predator Title Revealed Oct 21, 2009, 13:26 SirKnight

I'm gunna have me some fun...

9. Re: Ghost Recon: Predator Title Revealed Oct 21, 2009, 13:12 JaguarUSF

I'm surprised nobody has said this:

GET TO THE CHOPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

8. Re: Ghost Recon: Predator Title Revealed Oct 21, 2009, 12:41 necrosis

Yeah here is hoping it is like GR1. Not the complete trash that GR:AW was.  

7. Re: Ghost Recon: Predator Title Revealed Oct 21, 2009, 12:36 Jerykk

Man if this was a mishmash of the real Predator franchise and Ghost Recon then it would be so wacky it could potentially work.

I'm pretty sure the Ghosts would lose horribly.

6. Re: Ghost Recon: Predator Title Revealed Oct 21, 2009, 12:22 zirik

advanced warfighter 1 & 2 was not so bad on the pc version. i hope they keep making them unique from the consoles.  

5. Re: Ghost Recon: Predator Title Revealed Oct 21, 2009, 11:55 StingingVelvet

I doubt this will be more like the originals, unless it is an online all the time PC exclusive with a smaller budget.

Last time we got special PC versions not like the console versions, but I bet that never happens again... ever... for any game.

4. Re: Ghost Recon: Predator Title Revealed Oct 21, 2009, 11:43 Whiskers

Hopefully it returns to Ghost Recon 1 style gameplay now that Advanced Warfighter is out of the title. I was surprised they didn't go for Ghost Recon: Vegas. You know there are tons of special ops missions going on down on the strip.

I can almost see them doing a Crysis style game, with cloaking and stuff. We can still hope for a realistic tactical shooter though (with dedicated servers!)

3. Re: Ghost Recon: Predator Title Revealed Oct 21, 2009, 11:43 shponglefan

As long as they make it more like the original Ghost Recon (i.e. less scripted and no god-awful checkpoint saves) I'll be content. Otherwise, meh.  

2. Re: Ghost Recon: Predator Title Revealed Oct 21, 2009, 11:34 Rosco

Sweet news! Love the Ghost Recon games, hopefully it isn't in Mexico again though.  
Consoles are schwag.

1. Re: Ghost Recon: Predator Title Revealed Oct 21, 2009, 11:22 Verno

Man if this was a mishmash of the real Predator franchise and Ghost Recon then it would be so wacky it could potentially work.  

Playing: Dark Souls 2
Watching: Korengal, Legends, Intruders

19 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo