Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

US PC Sales

Edge Online has the list of the 20 top-selling PC games for the month of September according to NPD. You can head over for the full list along with changes from last month, and here's the top 10:

1. Aion - NCsoft.
  2. The Sims 3- Electronic Arts.
  3. Champions Online - Atari.
  4. World Of Warcraft: Wrath Of The Lich King - Blizzard.
  5. Aion Collector's Edition - NCsoft.
  6. Mumbo Jumbo Assortment - Mumbo Jumbo.
  7. The Sims 2 Double Deluxe - Electronic Arts.
  8. World Of Warcraft: Battle Chest - Blizzard.
  9. Reel Deal Slots Treasures Of The Far East - Phantom EFX.
  10. World Of Warcraft - Blizzard.

View
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

7. Re: US PC Sales Oct 21, 2009, 00:48 jimnms

I can't believe GTA: IV is up there in the top 20. Was it on sale or something? I figured Fallout 3 GotY would have made that list, but then I guess most people probably pre-ordered months ago when it was on sale.

I pre-ordered mine from Amazon back in August, and I'm still waiting for it. Serves me right for getting the free super slow-ass saver shipping. It shipped by USPS from Campbellsville, KY (~600 miles by highway from me) on the 12th and was estimated to arrive today, but I figured it would be here before then. I've never had anything USPS take more than 3-4 days. The last update on tracking is an arrival scan yesterday with nothing listed in the location column.

Steam Profile
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: US PC Sales Oct 20, 2009, 22:25 Prez

World of Warcraft and the Sims. Seems like nothing much has changed with this list for 5 years or so.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

5. Re: US PC Sales Oct 20, 2009, 21:21 Acleacius

You know it would be nice if they listed some kind of price on each, maybe an average in case there was a sale to cause a price range.  
The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

4. Re: US PC Sales Oct 20, 2009, 20:15 Deathbishop

Why wouldn't they count, they are two seperate SKU's. It's not like lich king comes in the battle chest.  

3. Re: US PC Sales Oct 20, 2009, 20:12 Kxmode

Why addons (World Of Warcraft: Wrath Of The Lich King) and collections (World Of Warcraft: Battle Chest) make this list I have no idea.

Because they're separate products.

They should only count single, original release titles.

They always include special and collector editions (re: #5 Aion Collector's Edition - NCsoft, #7 The Sims 2 Double Deluxe - Electronic Arts). Expansions are no less different.

This comment was edited on Oct 21, 2009, 14:23.

2. Re: US PC Sales Oct 20, 2009, 20:07 Ecthelion

So it's all casual games and MMOs. How depressing...

I guess September was a lean month for game releases, but it would still be nice to see a "real" game up there.

This comment was edited on Oct 20, 2009, 20:08.

1. Re: US PC Sales Oct 20, 2009, 20:04 necrosis

Why addons (World Of Warcraft: Wrath Of The Lich King) and collections (World Of Warcraft: Battle Chest) make this list I have no idea.

They should only count single, original release titles.

7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo