Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

US PC Sales

Edge Online has the list of the 20 top-selling PC games for the month of September according to NPD. You can head over for the full list along with changes from last month, and here's the top 10:

1. Aion - NCsoft.
  2. The Sims 3- Electronic Arts.
  3. Champions Online - Atari.
  4. World Of Warcraft: Wrath Of The Lich King - Blizzard.
  5. Aion Collector's Edition - NCsoft.
  6. Mumbo Jumbo Assortment - Mumbo Jumbo.
  7. The Sims 2 Double Deluxe - Electronic Arts.
  8. World Of Warcraft: Battle Chest - Blizzard.
  9. Reel Deal Slots Treasures Of The Far East - Phantom EFX.
  10. World Of Warcraft - Blizzard.

View
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

7. Re: US PC Sales Oct 21, 2009, 00:48 jimnms

I can't believe GTA: IV is up there in the top 20. Was it on sale or something? I figured Fallout 3 GotY would have made that list, but then I guess most people probably pre-ordered months ago when it was on sale.

I pre-ordered mine from Amazon back in August, and I'm still waiting for it. Serves me right for getting the free super slow-ass saver shipping. It shipped by USPS from Campbellsville, KY (~600 miles by highway from me) on the 12th and was estimated to arrive today, but I figured it would be here before then. I've never had anything USPS take more than 3-4 days. The last update on tracking is an arrival scan yesterday with nothing listed in the location column.

MeanJim on Steam
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: US PC Sales Oct 20, 2009, 22:25 Prez

World of Warcraft and the Sims. Seems like nothing much has changed with this list for 5 years or so.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

5. Re: US PC Sales Oct 20, 2009, 21:21 Acleacius

You know it would be nice if they listed some kind of price on each, maybe an average in case there was a sale to cause a price range.  

4. Re: US PC Sales Oct 20, 2009, 20:15 Deathbishop

Why wouldn't they count, they are two seperate SKU's. It's not like lich king comes in the battle chest.  

3. Re: US PC Sales Oct 20, 2009, 20:12 Kxmode

Why addons (World Of Warcraft: Wrath Of The Lich King) and collections (World Of Warcraft: Battle Chest) make this list I have no idea.

Because they're separate products.

They should only count single, original release titles.

They always include special and collector editions (re: #5 Aion Collector's Edition - NCsoft, #7 The Sims 2 Double Deluxe - Electronic Arts). Expansions are no less different.

This comment was edited on Oct 21, 2009, 14:23.

2. Re: US PC Sales Oct 20, 2009, 20:07 Ecthelion

So it's all casual games and MMOs. How depressing...

I guess September was a lean month for game releases, but it would still be nice to see a "real" game up there.

This comment was edited on Oct 20, 2009, 20:08.

1. Re: US PC Sales Oct 20, 2009, 20:04 necrosis

Why addons (World Of Warcraft: Wrath Of The Lich King) and collections (World Of Warcraft: Battle Chest) make this list I have no idea.

They should only count single, original release titles.

7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo