Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

Giants vs. Saints today has me very nervous (in that fun sort of way). It's the team's first big test of the season, and they are underdogs. Go big blue. Woof!

Underdog Links: Thanks Ant and Mike Martinez.
Play: Fig. 8. Thanks Digg.
Obechi.
Links: Gaming’s filthiest bathrooms. Thanks Ralph.
Eye Candy. Thanks Neatorama.
Stories: 'Simpsons' contest lets fans create new character. Thanks Digg.
Kids' movies that aren't for kids. Thanks Digg.
Science: Does the Vaccine Matter? Thanks Slashdot
Researchers use nanotech to detect early-stage cancer. Thanks Slashdot.
Springfield Punx: Arrested Development Wallpaper.
Media: Cat Betrayed.
Before Music Dies documentary. Long. Thanks Dark Roasted Blend.
Barney's Crib.

View
12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

12. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 19, 2009, 08:23 Ledge

Blue..? are u still with us?... hehe

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: The Giants In Blue... Oct 19, 2009, 06:36 Prez

The Giants are nowhere near as good as their 5-0 record going in suggested they were. They have been over-achieving for a while now. As a Giants fan, I expected they would get their asses handed to them by a good team sooner or later.

And I watched the whole Titan's game for reasons I can't explain. Can't turn away from a good train wreck maybe?

This comment was edited on Oct 19, 2009, 06:37.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

10. Re: The Giants In Blue... Oct 18, 2009, 23:35 Pigeon

I think Blue hung himself by his mouse cord after that Giant's game, but its a wireless so he's okay.  

9. Re: The Giants In Blue... Oct 18, 2009, 21:16 Bucky

Let me tell you, after suffering through the Patriots loss to Denver last week, this was a nice change of pace. We're starting to get a bit thin in the running back department though, and I'm still not sold on Maroney--he dances a bit too much for my taste.

It's one of the few times I've actually felt bad for the other team though. I imagine it's going to be a very long two weeks for the Titans.

Edits: I shouldn't be allowed to speak or type right now.
This comment was edited on Oct 18, 2009, 21:18.

8. The Giants In Blue... Oct 18, 2009, 20:44 Rigs

Oh my God...after going thru that, I have no words. Honest to God, all I could think about was - 'My God, poor Blue', and then the thought 'I hope he doesn't own any guns'...

Coulda been worse Blue, you coulda been a Titans fan... :-shudder-:

=-Rigs-=

'I know what you think you are, what you want us to believe! But I don't buy it! For three years now you've been pulling everyone's strings, getting us to do all the work, and you haven't done a damn thing except stand there and look cryptic.'

7. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 18, 2009, 18:16 Narf2029

Bengals suffer crushing defeat - I knew they still had it in them!

Also, new Simpsons character? How about a big 3-eyed shark that Homer jumps over every episode?

This comment was edited on Oct 18, 2009, 18:16.

Huh? I'm sorry, I was thinking about cake.

6. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 18, 2009, 17:07 Cutter

Still playing Brutal Legend, and I have to say it's one of the best games I've ever played. It's a blast, and funny as hell too. The art design is some of the best I've seen in a game. It's like Heavy Metal comes to life.  

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

5. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 18, 2009, 17:00 Cutter

GB crushed the Lions, no surprise there. Vikes are still on the march though, good game there. Can't believe the Giants got stomped like that though.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

4. Before the Music Dies Oct 18, 2009, 14:37 Fion

Fantastic documentary and so very true. I sent it to a dozen other friends and family, many of them who are musicians at heart like myself who hates to see where 'music' is going on the popular world today.  

3. Long shot request Oct 18, 2009, 14:28 Efflixi

I've been looking at Mass Effect for the PC over the past few days and I want it. The only problem is that I've been unemployed for 8 months and can't afford to buy it. Is there any chance of one of you gifting it to me on Steam? It's only $20. If you want to, let me know and I'll get in contact with you.

This comment was edited on Oct 18, 2009, 16:34.

2. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 18, 2009, 12:56 Buckermann

re:Kids' movies that aren't for kids.

The way I understand the article, the author basically says that movies who are not all happy with rainbows and unicorns, are not good (and entertaining) for children. For example "Wally-E":
With this post-apocalyptic fable, loaded with sardonic asides about our consumer-excess society, followed by "Up" (which is something close to a tragic meditation on mortality),...
Which is exactly what makes it a good movie for kids. I don't understand the motion that kids must be protected from the realities of live; that actions have consequences and that humans are mortal.
Like in "Spirited Away":
...like the recognition that one's parents do indeed die eventually, and journeys through haunted amusement parks won't bring them back...

Yes, kids need to be protected until they have developed some emotional stability, but not in a way that will impede the growth of said emotional stability.

Disclaimer (which may leave the above lines without any meaning for some): I don't have kids on my own, but work with them sometimes.

1. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 18, 2009, 12:38 Creston

At the end of today's game you'll be 5-1, and will still win the division by 3 games. So, eh, not that important.

Creston

12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo