Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

WoW Accounts to Battle.net Next Month

The US Battle.net FAQ now offers details on how World of Warcraft players will need to start logging in using Battle.net, a few days after this information appeared briefly before disappearing. They say: "After November 11, 2009, you won’t be able to log in to the game unless you merge your account with a Battle.net account." Likewise, the European Battle.net FAQ has the same information with the following date for European players of Blizzard's MMORPG: "After November 12, 2009, you won’t be able to log in to the game unless you merge your account with a Battle.net account." Each FAQ outlines the reasoning behind this requirement as well as how to get your free penguin pet for making the transfer.

View
15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

15. Re: WoW Accounts to Battle.net Next Month Oct 15, 2009, 11:06 nin

So their authenticators for WoW will also be useless after this merge?

Auths are still chuggin along...

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Re: WoW Accounts to Battle.net Next Month Oct 15, 2009, 08:51 Verno

No, they still work just fine with b.net.  

Playing: The Last of Us Remastered
Watching: Intruders, Coherence, The Rover

13. Re: WoW Accounts to Battle.net Next Month Oct 15, 2009, 08:41 Muscular Beaver

So their authenticators for WoW will also be useless after this merge?  

Oh that is so lame... You will PAY for your use of inappropriate dialogue!
- Mojo Jojo

12. Re: WoW Accounts to Battle.net Next Month Oct 15, 2009, 01:24 Prez

The Matrix has you now.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

11. Re: WoW Accounts to Battle.net Next Month Oct 14, 2009, 21:52 FLY

After you merge...

For WoW

Login: is the email you used for Battlenet.

Password: is your Battlenet password.

Obviously you are confused and i can't blame you it is kinda confusing. When all else fails, read the directions.

This comment was edited on Oct 14, 2009, 21:54.

10. Re: WoW Accounts to Battle.net Next Month Oct 14, 2009, 21:43 Tanto Edge

Blizzard needs to get firebombed. Take out a few thousand, or million subscribers from their database.
This WoW shit is way out of hand and frankly, there's no quality control happening.
I'm sick and tired of this shit plaguing the industry.
Someone needs to do Something about it.

This Battle.Net crap is going to be nasty. Just wait.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=705LEH3j2g0&t=0m24s
http://www.youtube.com/user/tantoedge

9. Re: WoW Accounts to Battle.net Next Month Oct 14, 2009, 15:24 Cthulhu

@ Flatline:

While your idea of being polite to the workers is always sound advice, there's actually a better solution.

Activision needs to get off their lazy asses and staff more Call Center reps or even open a new call center if warranted....

Getting the resolution times down from the current 3+ DAYS to less then 5 minutes per call would make things far better, ESPECIALLY when Diablo 3 and Starcraft 2 come out..

ANY call center worth it's weight in gold would have SLA's that prevent this type of thing from ever happening & they should be ashamed if their response times are really as pathetic as mentioned..

Just one more reason to despise Activision I guess....

"Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn"
- Cthulhu fhtagn: 47°9'S, 126°43'W Cthulhu

8. Re: WoW Accounts to Battle.net Next Month Oct 14, 2009, 14:46 Flatline

Currently waiting on Blizzard to respond to my email from 3 days ago.

Also, as an aside, I have a friend who works Blizzard customer support. For about 6 months now it's been painfully obvious that they're severely understaffed, and they've been working mandatory overtime at least 3 days a week for that entire period with no end in sight. They're horrendously backlogged, and there's not enough of them to handle just WoW (I weep for them when they bring SC2 and D3 online).

I know this doesn't help you at all. But it does explain why you haven't heard anything in 3 days. If you get one of them on the phone, remember they've probably worked enough OT to drop a horse. A little bit of politeness, even if you're frustrated, *will* go a long way with them and they'll try to do what it takes to get you fixed up.

7. Re: WoW Accounts to Battle.net Next Month Oct 14, 2009, 14:20 Verno

Check your characters on armory to be sure that they haven't logged in. Do a lost password recovery in the WoW account management section if it's accessible to you, if you don't get an email with a link to reset the password then you were hacked. Contact Blizzard account support if you can't recover your password, they will ban your account and ask for proof that you are the owner. Once given they will unban the account.  

Playing: The Last of Us Remastered
Watching: Intruders, Coherence, The Rover

6. Re: WoW Accounts to Battle.net Next Month Oct 14, 2009, 14:15 Efflixi

If I was, they've never logged on any of my prebuilt characters. My guildies say that none of my guild chars have ever been online since I left the game.  

5. Re: WoW Accounts to Battle.net Next Month Oct 14, 2009, 13:46 nin

I can't log in to my account. It says it had been merged already, which I never did because I've not played WoW since early this year.

Sounds like you got hacked.

4. Re: WoW Accounts to Battle.net Next Month Oct 14, 2009, 12:59 Efflixi

I can't log in to my account. It says it had been merged already, which I never did because I've not played WoW since early this year. I created a new b.net account and tried to merge my WoW account with it but it still said it was already merged. Currently waiting on Blizzard to respond to my email from 3 days ago.  

3. Re: WoW Accounts to Battle.net Next Month Oct 14, 2009, 10:57 Bronco

Right before I quit we were having issues with people not being able to log in and the only cure was to merge your account with Battle.net.

I can't believe there are still people out there that haven't.

Guess I should log in tomorrow just for the pet.

-TPFKAS2S

2. Re: WoW Accounts to Battle.net Next Month Oct 14, 2009, 10:56 Kxmode

Me too.  

1. Re: WoW Accounts to Battle.net Next Month Oct 14, 2009, 10:46 nin

Lookin forward to seeing how BNet 2.0 turns out...

15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo