Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Ships Ahoy - Fallout 3 GotY Edition

The Bethesda Blog announces that the Fallout 3 Game of the Year Edition is now available in North America, offering Bethesda Softworks' action/RPG and all five of its DLC packs (Operation: Anchorage, The Pitt, Broken Steel, Point Lookout, and Mothership Zeta) in one package for Windows, Xbox 360, and PlayStation 3. The European release of the GotY edition is expected on Friday.

View
24 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

24. Re: Ships Ahoy - Fallout 3 GotY Edition Oct 15, 2009, 03:26 Nameless Again

This comment was edited on Oct 16, 2009, 02:23.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

23. Re: Ships Ahoy - Fallout 3 GotY Edition Oct 14, 2009, 16:58 Kxmode

Fallout 3 GOTY is $49.99. Each DLC costs $10. There's five. 5 x 10 = $50. Basically you're paying for the DLC and getting Fallout 3 for free.

Unless you pre-ordered. Amazon's pre-order price was $46.99. I just got an email saying I'm being refunded $3 because it was offered somewhere else for $43.99 and they have a pre-order price match guarantee.

Nice!

22. Re: Ships Ahoy - Fallout 3 GotY Edition Oct 14, 2009, 13:11 Dev

Evil Timmy:
Thanks for the link!

21. Re: Ships Ahoy - Fallout 3 GotY Edition Oct 14, 2009, 12:35 Wowbagger_TIP

I think I'm going to wait for a better price on this one too. I'm playing through Risen right now (not terribly impressed either), and with Borderlands and Dragon Age coming out over the next month or so, I've got more than enough to keep me busy.

I need to look into the mod situation for FO3 again too. There were a lot of problems with the vanilla game that I wanted to see fixed. Hopefully there are some good overhaul mods out there that I can use to improve the game. Just have to figure out which ones I should get.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

20. Re: Ships Ahoy - Fallout 3 GotY Edition Oct 14, 2009, 11:48 jimnms

Fallout 3 GOTY is $49.99. Each DLC costs $10. There's five. 5 x 10 = $50. Basically you're paying for the DLC and getting Fallout 3 for free.

Unless you pre-ordered. Amazon's pre-order price was $46.99. I just got an email saying I'm being refunded $3 because it was offered somewhere else for $43.99 and they have a pre-order price match guarantee.

After reading up on all of the DLC, the only one I really want is Broken Steel. Not worth buying the GOTY edition. I am just loath to buying the godforasken MS "points" in the craptacular GFWL store.

I haven't played any of the DLC, but from what I've read Broken Steel is the one that gives the most. Extending the game past the end of the original, but even the others introduce new weapons and armor.

It was an easy decision for me, since I got the original with a gift card, but I think even if I'd bought the original at full price I'd still have gotten the GotY edition just to have the full content without having to use GFWL.

EDIT: I just checked and Amazon is still selling the GotY edition for $43.99, which is still a better deal than buying the DLC alone.

This comment was edited on Oct 14, 2009, 11:49.

Steam Profile

19. Re: Ships Ahoy - Fallout 3 GotY Edition Oct 14, 2009, 11:30 Tumbler

I'd like to see this for $30. I loved playing the first one, never finished it, and I'd love to get back into it with all the extra DLC but $60 is too much. I think $30 is my limit for this game. I know how much time it will take to play through all that and I'm in no rush to do that for $60. Especially considering how much else I'm going to be playing, Bordlerlands, MW2, Assassins Creed 2, Batman Arkham, Uncharted 2...Brutal Legend, my eyes hurt just thinking about it.

If they'd released this about a month ago that would have been perfect, but doing so now I feel like it doesn't match up to the competition at that price.

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

18. Re: Ships Ahoy - Fallout 3 GotY Edition Oct 14, 2009, 10:48 CrimsonPaw

Thanks for that Windows 7 link Timmy, got me a copy for $44 (got the disk as well).  
~~Crim~~

17. Re: Ships Ahoy - Fallout 3 GotY Edition Oct 14, 2009, 10:28 Kxmode

They do at 10 bucks a pop. Its cheaper just to rebuy the game.

16. Re: Ships Ahoy - Fallout 3 GotY Edition Oct 14, 2009, 02:29 Evil Timmy

Also, if you're a student, you can pick up an upgrade edition of Win7 Home Premium for $30, you just need a .edu email (order here). Pro's the same price if you click on a 'I need to logon to a domain' link in the order process. That's a $170 discount, as well as adding domain logins and the fully-virtualized XP Mode for older apps and games. I've been running the betas and RC since January and I'm very happy with it, it's fast, stable, and finally has a bunch of changes for the better. The WinKey+Arrows shortcut is so useful for managing multiple windows across multiple monitors that it's a jolt to work without it, and the multi-monitor switch (WinKey+P) is great as well.

I might finally get back to FO3 now that this is out, but since I'm in the middle of Risen (+school +work) I think I'll hold off and hope for a decent sale for Christmas. I haven't played any of the DLC, but that's because I gave it a good and evil playthrough when it came out, and wanted to wait to thoroughly explore the world again.

This comment was edited on Oct 14, 2009, 02:32.

15. Re: Ships Ahoy - Fallout 3 GotY Edition Oct 14, 2009, 00:39 Riker

I was just telling my brother that the last new good game I played was about a year ago: Fallout 3. And it was just a good game, not great -- not by a long shot. That's really fucking depressing. Where are the great games at, dammit?  

14. Re: Ships Ahoy - Fallout 3 GotY Edition Oct 14, 2009, 00:11 Techie714 ©

Dosen't look like Newegg has it yet.

http://promotions.newegg.com/Microsoft/WS07/Products.html

Steam (ID)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/techie714/
DEAD SH0T
Keep your privacy!
http://prism-break.org/

13. Re: Ships Ahoy - Fallout 3 GotY Edition Oct 14, 2009, 00:09 space captain

a while ago, MS offered a free evaluation copy to IT people.. its the Enterprise version, and its good for 90 days. its the final release version, not a candidate or beta or anything

have to say, its fuckin awesome - i saw a *noticeable* increase in game performance.. as i have XP installed on another HDD in my machine, i installed a few of the same games on both and checked them out back and forth to make sure. its easily better

other than that its alot more slick overall, but the taskbar sneak peak and all that shit is probly the most useful new feature, also the way you can drag windows to edges for quick resizing

only issue i had so far is that the whole permissions thing can be overzealous in a very vista style way, however its a small niggle

i fix apple machines on a daily basis, and i can honestly say Win7 kicks the shit out of OSX in every possible way. apple is about to be in some trouble on the sales front

win7 is necessary upgrade - its really nice having a solid, modern OS again.. even more inspiring that its fucking awesome AT RELEASE. MS will gain some cred on this

Go forth, and kill!

12. Re: Ships Ahoy - Fallout 3 GotY Edition Oct 13, 2009, 23:09 Creston

But I'm stuck waiting another week and a half till Win7 gets here.

Speaking of Win 7, does anyone know if any place sells that family pack already? I can't find it anywhere...?

Creston

11. Re: Ships Ahoy - Fallout 3 GotY Edition Oct 13, 2009, 23:02 skyguy

I'm not sure that any mod can make it more like the original games than it already is, unless its an isometric mod. There are mods to make all combat turn based, but from how I played the game it would take you 100 years to play through it with turn based combat. You're really missing out if you thought the game had consolitis, it sure as hell doesn't, and if you want a bunch of PC style tweaks there's thousands of mods out there, one I've played in the past is FOOK:
http://www.fookunity.com/wiki/Main_Page

10. Re: Ships Ahoy - Fallout 3 GotY Edition Oct 13, 2009, 22:56 Prez

Too many to list. A lot depends on personal preference. I got all the ones I use at Fallout3 Nexus.

http://www.fallout3nexus.com/

The biggest problem I had was with how easy the game became once you leveled up a few times. There are difficulty mods that fix this; just a matter of picking the right one for you.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

9. Re: Ships Ahoy - Fallout 3 GotY Edition Oct 13, 2009, 22:30 Overon

So are there any mods that fix some of the more "consolitis" like elements of the game or make it more like like the original fallouts? In other words what are the top mods for the game?  

8. Re: Ships Ahoy - Fallout 3 GotY Edition Oct 13, 2009, 21:45 Prez

After reading up on all of the DLC, the only one I really want is Broken Steel. Not worth buying the GOTY edition. I am just loath to buying the godforasken MS "points" in the craptacular GFWL store.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

7. Re: Ships Ahoy - Fallout 3 GotY Edition Oct 13, 2009, 21:23 Techie714 ©

Just ordered! Worth every penny as a re-buy.  

Steam (ID)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/techie714/
DEAD SH0T
Keep your privacy!
http://prism-break.org/

6. Re: Ships Ahoy - Fallout 3 GotY Edition Oct 13, 2009, 21:03 jimnms

I got a ship notification from Amazon yesterday. I selected the free super slow, um super saver shipping, and didn't think it would ship so soon. It says it won't be here till the 20th, but it shipped USPS, which shouldn't take more than 2-3 days.

I've just finished the main quest of my first game last week on the plain FO3 with no DLC or mods (bought it with a gift card last xmas, but didn't start playing till recently). I installed the free player after MQ mod so I could continue to explore. You miss a lot of stuff if you just stick to the main quest. I only did side quests if they were near or on the way to a destination of the main quest.

I look forward to starting a new game. I picked a few perks along the way that I regretted later. I'm also going to go for a neutral, stealthy character this time.

I'm also probably going to wait untill I build my new system next month after I get Win7.

Steam Profile

5. Re: Ships Ahoy - Fallout 3 GotY Edition Oct 13, 2009, 20:56 z3razerviper

They do at 10 bucks a pop. Its cheaper just to rebuy the game.  

24 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo