Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

EVE Online: Dominion in December

CCP reveals a December 1 release date for EVE Online: Dominion, the recently announced eleventh free expansion for their science-fiction MMORPG. Dominion will alter the alliance warfare that's considered EVE Online's endgame, add new epic arcs for pirate factions, updated planet art, a revamped server browser, and more.

View
15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

15. Re: EVE Online: Dominion in December Oct 12, 2009, 01:31 ColoradoHoudini

I'm curious, what's so wrong with Jumpgate Evolution? How can the issues with a game that no one has played be so bad?

Reading that the combat is being dumbed down, the collision is gone, the depth has been erased, and that the game is the typical shallow, boring game from the same trio of Net Devil/NCSoft/Cryptic (being all related formerly and having had shared assets previously)..
the asort of lack of polish and just overall "ooh shiny.. but this sucks" type of game.

inside and outside sources

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Re: EVE Online: Dominion in December Oct 11, 2009, 08:07 creatorswhim

Maybe your comment was a ridiculous over-generalization, which is also not exactly rare on Bluesnews.

Literally, they need to make a checkbox that comes up when you want to undock that says "Leaving the station is a dangerous act and may result in the destruction of your ship and your possible pod-killing. Are you sure you want to do this crazy thing?"

I'm not exactly thrilled about the constant presence of PVP in EVE, but I like the game and I just deal with it. Maybe I spent too much time living in the inner city, but any weird situation in EVE is almost always avoidable.

Or maybe EVE allows me to justify my paranoia and that's why I like it.

13. Re: EVE Online: Dominion in December Oct 11, 2009, 07:48 TheGenk

I just want to point out that the "revamped server browser" is a new in-game web browser.
A server browser with only one server to choose from would be silly, no?

12. Re: EVE Online: Dominion in December Oct 11, 2009, 00:36 Kedyn

That's not EVE at all, unless you are so stupid and spend all your money on upgrades you can't use and fly around like the other players owe you something and are king of your own head.

What game are you really playing? The "vague complaint about a game that I'm to lazy to actually play" game?

By "everything", I of course mean "everything that you're currently using", not "everything you have". I have played EVE before. I don't see how you could take my comment to such a ridiculous extreme, but then again, it's not exactly rare on Bluesnews.

But I just don't see how a game could be fun for everyone if they're having to spend hours upon hours earning money to be able to afford to PvP, that's all.

11. Re: EVE Online: Dominion in December Oct 11, 2009, 00:30 creatorswhim

I don't see how a game can't be more work than fun if you lose everything every time you die like in EVE.

That's not EVE at all, unless you are so stupid and spend all your money on upgrades you can't use and fly around like the other players owe you something and are king of your own head.

What game are you really playing? The "vague complaint about a game that I'm to lazy to actually play" game?

10. Re: EVE Online: Dominion in December Oct 11, 2009, 00:16 space captain

Look at you all being so witty and edgy, it's so darn cute!

that dude is getting horny for you guys

Go forth, and kill!

9. Re: EVE Online: Dominion in December Oct 10, 2009, 23:21 Kedyn

The MMO scene needs a new space-based game..and not Jumpgate (reading and hearing very bad things about this game)..
maybe Black Prophecy will be the next good and fun space mmo..

and not like Eve.. which is more like work and not nearly enough fun/game.

I'm curious, what's so wrong with Jumpgate Evolution? How can the issues with a game that no one has played be so bad?

I don't see how a game can't be more work than fun if you lose everything every time you die like in EVE.

8. Re: EVE Online: Dominion in December Oct 10, 2009, 23:15 Kedyn

I wish I knew people that still played EVE. I'd like to get back into it.  

7. Re: EVE Online: Dominion in December Oct 10, 2009, 23:12 ColoradoHoudini

The MMO scene needs a new space-based game..and not Jumpgate (reading and hearing very bad things about this game)..
maybe Black Prophecy will be the next good and fun space mmo..

and not like Eve.. which is more like work and not nearly enough fun/game.

6. Re: EVE Online: Dominion in December Oct 10, 2009, 22:42 The Half Elf

Cute sells, next to half nakkid chicks advertising a crappy web browser game.  

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

5. Re: EVE Online: Dominion in December Oct 10, 2009, 21:29 Rilcon

Look at you all being so witty and edgy, it's so darn cute!  

4. Re: EVE Online: Dominion in December Oct 10, 2009, 17:25 Karnisov

game is pretty grindtastic. even with automatic skill training.  
"Think for yourself. Question authority."
-- Timothy Leary

3. Re: EVE Online: Dominion in December Oct 10, 2009, 13:10 AnarKane

Is this the expansion where they finally fix the devs' generosity, too?  
"We can do this one of two ways. There's the hard way, which involves hours of discussion, tons of negotiation, half a dozen bribes, and no guarantee of success."
"What's the easy way?"
"Liberally placed high explosives."

2. Re: EVE Online: Dominion in December Oct 10, 2009, 12:57 Michael Bolton's hair dresser

Spreadsheets in space with pew pew.  
Dr. Michael Bolton's Hairdreser PhD, MD, LLP, DDS

1. Re: EVE Online: Dominion in December Oct 10, 2009, 12:02 Tumbler

Nice. Looking forward to this.

This comment was edited on Oct 10, 2009, 12:03.

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo