Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

STO Klingon/Other Faction Details

There's a Star Trek Online Interview on Eurogamer where Cryptic's Craig Zinkievich answers some questions about the upcoming game looking to boldly go where no MMORPG has gone before. They also discuss the change of pace the sci-fi genre represents after working as producer on the two "City of" comic book games, ground combat, melee combat, and more. They discuss how the Klingons are a fully playable race in the game, though it will take several hours of gameplay to unlock the ability to roll up a Klingon. They also go into how Klingon gameplay will differ from Federation gameplay, involving a more PvP focus, and while the game will launch with only two factions, they plan to add more after launch, saying: "the Romulan Star Empire, the Cardassians will come back - there's a huge number who want to play as them, but not within the Star Fleet, not within the Federation." Weird side-note of the day: My spell checker thinks "Klingon" should be changed to "Clinton."

View
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

7. Re: STO Klingon/Other Faction Details Oct 9, 2009, 19:52 NKD

Will we get to sing Klingon songs of victory whilst we drink the blood of our enemies?

I can imagine some drunken Ventrilo Klingon.

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: STO Klingon/Other Faction Details Oct 9, 2009, 16:26 Creston

To Sto'Vo'Kor!

Get this tug moving!

Creston

5. Re: STO Klingon/Other Faction Details Oct 9, 2009, 13:20 Cutter

Will we get to sing Klingon songs of victory whilst we drink the blood of our enemies?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMHFMoH7mIc

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

4. Re: STO Klingon/Other Faction Details Oct 9, 2009, 13:06 JohnnyRotten

yes yes yes, but what about us ferengi?

That could be the crafting faction

3. Re: STO Klingon/Other Faction Details Oct 9, 2009, 12:33 Tumbler

I'd like to know more about PvP. Will it involve actually losing anything? What will be the spoils that go to the victor? I'd love to see some real pvp, ala Eve Online, in this game but I think I'm just kidding myself. I think if the combat was something like SWG Lightspeed I could live with that. (Not the arcadey fast paced action, just the brutal power of the weapons and decisive nature of combat, plus the ships deteriorate each time they are blown up)

I really wish they'd put a lot more time into that side of the game, I really wanted SWG Lightspeed to become XvT. Huge battles would have been so much fun.

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

2. Re: STO Klingon/Other Faction Details Oct 9, 2009, 12:23 Efflixi

I keep having high hopes for this game, i hope it turns out good!  

1. Re: STO Klingon/Other Faction Details Oct 9, 2009, 12:13  cliffski 

yes yes yes, but what about us ferengi?  
http://www.positech.co.uk

7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo