Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Steam Top 10

View
34 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

34. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 9, 2009, 09:05 Verno

Indeed well said Jerykk.

You started the conspiracy. Prez and PC Warrior have joined your ridiculous bandwagon for a conspiracy theory.

No one alleged a conspiracy, you need to look up the definition of the word before you continue misusing it:

1. An agreement to perform together an illegal, wrongful, or subversive act.
2. A group of conspirators.
3. Law An agreement between two or more persons to commit a crime or accomplish a legal purpose through illegal action.

Here's a different dictionary for good measure:

conspiracy
Noun
pl -cies
1. a secret plan to carry out an illegal or harmful act
2. the act of making such plans

It's a perfectly legitimate and valid comparison to prove how fucking stupid you are being.

You stay classy Dagok. Telling other people "youre fucking stupid" just makes you appear like an overreacting ape and hurts your point more than it will ever help. Maybe the supposed put down helps you go to bed at night but I assure you that no one is crying over your virtual insults. Save them and use the energy for intelligent discussion.

because you are too fucking ignorant and stupid

Kiss your mother with that mouth little boy? This isn't a wrestling match and now that I think about it most wrestlers seem to have better manners than you.

The sad thing is you made some good points in there but they're lost in the immaturity. You need to bottle up that rage before you become derek smart.

This comment was edited on Oct 9, 2009, 09:21.

Playing: Divinity Original Sin, Destiny, Fire Emblem
Watching: Continuum, Star Trek TNG, Haunt
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

33. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 9, 2009, 08:54 Verno

Indeed well said Jerykk.  

32. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 7, 2009, 04:24 Jerykk

THEY DO NOT HAVE TO, THEY ARE A PRIVATE COMPANY.

I don't think "they don't have to" is a very good answer to any question. Nobody really has to do anything. A better answer would be why they actively choose not to do something.

31. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 6, 2009, 12:39 Krovven

Agree with others in this thread? You started the conspiracy. Prez and PC Warrior have joined your ridiculous bandwagon for a conspiracy theory.

Are you going to answer his questions or just keep saying that DD stores haven't released figures?

What questions? Why Valve doesn't release specific sales numbers? I have answered it many times. THEY DO NOT HAVE TO, THEY ARE A PRIVATE COMPANY. Just because the answer does not fill your need to know information that is none of your business, is not my problem.

No one cares if the others haven't or not, this topic is about Steam.

Bullshit. You say L4D @ $15 shouldnt be outselling Aion on Steam, yet $5 games are outselling Aion on D2D. It's a perfectly legitimate and valid comparison to prove how fucking stupid you are being.

Have you even fucking bothered to look to see that L4D has fallen down the top 10 list since the sale ended and Aion is back in front? No, because you are too fucking ignorant and stupid and just want to trash on Valve over some ridiculous idea of a conspiracy to fudge numbers.

30. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 6, 2009, 12:26 Verno

Are you going to answer his questions or just keep saying that DD stores haven't released figures? No one cares if the others haven't or not, this topic is about Steam. There's no reason to avoid transparency for any of them for that matter. Funny how they selectively reveal things to suit their purposes. No one is saying it makes them satan but stop pretending they are some objective third party. They have every reason to want Valve titles in the top spots and I have to agree with others in the thread, it seems highly questionable given other titles popularity regardless of "sales". Releasing numbers never hurt retailers despite some of them being "privately held".  

29. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 6, 2009, 11:34 Krovven

Is D2D releasing sales figures? No

Is Impulse releasing sales figures? No. They did release some numbers for SoaSE awhile ago, but nothing else.

Is EA releasing specific digital store sales? No.

PopCap? No.

GameTap? No.

28. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 6, 2009, 06:55 The PC Warrior

Distribution houses dont release their sales info, mom & pop shops dont release their sales info. Why? Because they arent public companies. Public companies, particularly large publishers & retailers release sales info, and they aren't even real sales the majority of the time (from publishers), simply shipped numbers, ie: units sold to distributors and to large retail outlets that bypass distributors.

Oh look at that, privately held company Valve has no problem saying how much they're spending on the game's advertising budget but won't mention unit sales.

Keep up the conspiracy theories, just makes you look like morons.

Pot kottle...

27. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 5, 2009, 22:46 Krovven

Yeah that certainly explains why the original L4D is outselling Batman and Aion

Audiosurf (a little indie game for $5) is outselling Batman on Steam. Why? BECAUSE IT'S ON SALE!

World of Goo, Bioshock, Mount & Blade, etc, etc, etc are outselling Aion on D2D. Why? BECAUSE THEY ARE ON SALE!

What's your point? Left 4 Dead was on sale for 3 days at $15, even less in the 4 pack. All the games on D2D are also outselling Aion. Doesn't take a genius to figure it out, but apparently beyond the comprehension of some.

Steam is a closed platform, they have much to gain and little to lose.

Ahh yes cus you know so much better than they do. They seem to be doing just fine, considering they have publishers with their own digital distro sites still going to Steam to publish games.

High unit sales attracts more attention to the platform, both from customers and publishers/developers.

Sales statistics are available to prospective publishers on Steam.

Funny how retailers never had a problem with this but they were platform agnostic and don't sell their own games.

Distribution houses dont release their sales info, mom & pop shops dont release their sales info. Why? Because they arent public companies. Public companies, particularly large publishers & retailers release sales info, and they aren't even real sales the majority of the time (from publishers), simply shipped numbers, ie: units sold to distributors and to large retail outlets that bypass distributors.

Keep up the conspiracy theories, just makes you look like morons.

This comment was edited on Oct 5, 2009, 22:48.

26. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 5, 2009, 22:29 The PC Warrior

Sigh, you guys are pathetic.

Mirror mirror on the wall...

Or maybe it's because Aion has now launched, has abysmal queue problems and sales are just falling off like they do with every MMO after launch.

Shit goes on sale all the time on Steam, not just Valves games, that jump to the top 5 spots and fall off the a few days later.

Yeah that certainly explains why the original L4D is outselling Batman and Aion, two of the most popular games of this month Rolleyes

It's hardly shadiness. Private companies don't have the habit of going around announcing their sales or dollar figures. If you went in and asked them what they were, they'd laugh at you and throw you out on your ass. Valve isnt a public company, they have never given up their sales numbers, aside from a few vague references, nor do they have to because a few idiots on a forum demand they do so for fear of being accused of conspiracy.

In other words, you have no legitimate excuse why they will not release at least raw unit sales. Steam is a closed platform, they have much to gain and little to lose. High unit sales attracts more attention to the platform, both from customers and publishers/developers. Funny how retailers never had a problem with this but they were platform agnostic and don't sell their own games. Oh look at that.

25. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 5, 2009, 19:49 Krovven

Sigh, you guys are pathetic. Aion is no longer on Direct2Drive's top 10 either, and hasn't been because of the game sales they had last week...or is that due to Valve fudging the numbers too?

Or maybe it's because Aion has now launched, has abysmal queue problems and sales are just falling off like they do with every MMO after launch.

Shit goes on sale all the time on Steam, not just Valves games, that jump to the top 5 spots and fall off the a few days later.

If there's nothing to hide and no shadiness then why no figures?

It's hardly shadiness. Private companies don't have the habit of going around announcing their sales or dollar figures. If you went in and asked them what they were, they'd laugh at you and throw you out on your ass. Valve isnt a public company, they have never given up their sales numbers, aside from a few vague references, nor do they have to because a few idiots on a forum demand they do so for fear of being accused of conspiracy.

This comment was edited on Oct 5, 2009, 19:51.

24. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 5, 2009, 19:33 The PC Warrior

Hmm maybe that L4D had a 3 day sale from Tuesday to Thursday, then L4D2 went on pre-sale on Friday, also including a L4D/L4D2 bundle?

I don't buy that. Left 4 Dead has been out for a year, Aion is a huge hit right now and he's right, there is no way both the original and sequel are outselling it. We need to see some actual figures otherwise this list is worthless.

If there's nothing to hide and no shadiness then why no figures? You can tell us we're all loonie but you're the one mindlessly believing a company you have no personal stake in. People see, people do, of course they want their games on top of those lists.

This comment was edited on Oct 5, 2009, 19:34.

23. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 5, 2009, 18:25 Krovven

Having trouble believing L4D is outselling Aion which is a really hot property right now

Hmm maybe that L4D had a 3 day sale from Tuesday to Thursday, then L4D2 went on pre-sale on Friday, also including a L4D/L4D2 bundle?

Maybe use some logical thought instead of conspiracy theories.

Side note: I'm not sure where this list comes from exactly to be "for the week" as the Top Sellers list on Steam is dynamic and changes all the time. A few hours after this list was posted on Blues I checked Steam and it was completely different with Aion having dropped several spots. Looking again now, it's again different, showing Borderlands moving up and Audiosurf moving into the top 10 with their 50% off price and L4D has also dropped down the list.

But hey...it's all one big conspiracy by Valve to twist the numbers, right?

This comment was edited on Oct 5, 2009, 18:40.

22. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 5, 2009, 16:12 Prez

Another reason why Valve ought to quantify this list with actual numbers. It's just too hard to swallow knowing that no one but they have such data.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

21. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 5, 2009, 08:47 Verno

Having trouble believing L4D is outselling Aion which is a really hot property right now, it wouldn't surprise me if Valve just puffed up their own list to boost sales.  

20. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 5, 2009, 06:43 Dev

the l4d2 four pack brings the price down to like $33 each. Thats cheap enough for me to buy it, especially since I get the "exclusive" reskinned basebal bat! lol (I know, valve said it wasn't just reskinned, and everyone in a server with me will get it too).

I still don't like what valve has pulled with L4D1, but $33 is a good deal. I paid more than that for L4D1.

That 4 pack stuff is brilliant marketing on valves part. Get friends together to buy it, and probably a lot of people who might not have bought the game before or maybe even heard of it. Kinda like an advanced word of mouth thing. Lots of extra sales, and steam purchases are nearly pure profit for valve (compared to retail).

This comment was edited on Oct 5, 2009, 06:44.

19. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 5, 2009, 01:51 D4rkKnight

It's a source engine game, so the pc's aren't really that shitty...I still enjoy a game or two now an again.  

18. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 4, 2009, 22:35 Icewind

Counter Strike is what people who have really shitty PCs play.

Can it be that hard to run L4D?

17. Re: Evening Consolidation Oct 4, 2009, 22:30 HellSlayer

See this foot...? I can take THis foot and shove it straight up.... K, sorry just wanted to try out my new come back:) Thanks!:)Is this considered spam? If so...disregard!  
o0

16. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 4, 2009, 20:55 Enahs

When I last tried to play CS it was stupid as hell. People could shoot you through the equivalent of 5 feet of granite but could not shoot you through a wooden door or box? Yes skill is important, but that game is all about taking advantage of flaws.

I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally.
- W. C. Fields

15. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 4, 2009, 20:51 Krovven

Save $16 with the 4 pack.

34 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo