Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Queen DLC for Rock Band

Harmonix announces a 10-pack of Queen songs as DLC for Rock Band for release on October 20, offering one of the most requested classic rock bands heretofore missing from the music game. This bit of console news is being passed along here because we don't see it amid the news of next week's DLC on more console-centric sites, and because it makes us very happy. Here's the track list:

Another One Bites the Dust
Crazy Little Thing Called Love
One Vision
Fat Bottomed Girls
I Want It All
I Want To Break Free
Killer Queen
Somebody To Love
Tie Your Mother Down
Under Pressure

View
22 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

22. Re: Queen DLC for Rock Band Oct 3, 2009, 13:38 theyarecomingforyou

Rock Band: The Beatles is a superb game - easily the best in the genre. And adding those Queen tracks is another great move. Guitar Hero doesn't interest me because it's mostly shit tracks from shit artists, with the occasional hit thrown in. I'd much rather have quality over quantity any day.  

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

21. Re: Queen DLC for Rock Band Oct 3, 2009, 00:01 nin

Where is the Frank Zappa????

Nanook! No!No!

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

20. Re: Queen DLC for Rock Band Oct 2, 2009, 21:12 Vulkan

Phooey, Don't Stop Me Now is my favorite Queen track but I guess it wouldn't make a good Rock Band song until some kind of over sized plastic keyboard peripheral is added.  

19. Re: Queen DLC for Rock Band Oct 2, 2009, 20:36 Lorcin

1. Yup 35 - perfect age as a teenager in the 1980s for the beatles to hold the same "old crap" stigma the New Kids On the Block or East 17 hold for contemporary teenagers.

2. I totally and utterly agree - rock band has lost it. Playing drums or guitar to a track you've never heard of is hard enough but possible. Singing unknown songs is next to impossible. Having any twat upload tracks his made in his basement is a recipe for disaster - they need to stick to tracks the people know. And if they want widespread take up, tracks which kids have some chance of hearing and liking.

18. Re: Queen DLC for Rock Band Oct 2, 2009, 20:02 Kosumo

Where is the Frank Zappa????  

17. Re: Queen DLC for Rock Band Oct 2, 2009, 19:23 Flatline

I can't say in general which franchise has more legs but I'd rather play Metallica, Artic Monkeys and Foo Fighters then Queen and the Beetles.

1. Beatles. Which kind of places your age.

2. In theory it's going to become a null issue what Rock Band puts out soon, since they're pushing the rock band network where anyone with the masters and the copyright can publish rock band tracks.

And really, the point of rock band is to play songs everyone knows. I've seen many times where one person insists on playing some DLC from a band nobody else as heard of, has a blast, and the enthusiasm over the game just withers and dies within minutes because nobody else is having fun.

It's not a question of "classic vs modern" music, it's a question of "well known, ubiquitous" vs "who the hell is that?" music.

16. Re: Queen DLC for Rock Band Oct 2, 2009, 19:17 Flatline

Mostly great songs, but I'd trade One Vision and Tie Your Mother Down for We Will Rock You/We Are the Champions and Bohemian Rhapsody. I can't believe those didn't make the list.

We Will Rock You is drums and vocals except for the last 20 seconds of the song or so. Not a good Rock Band song. We Are The Champions... well, no real comment.

I don't think BR is exactly suited for the rock band mechanics either. Lots of pianos. I can think of several times where either you have the guitars playing piano pieces, or just the singer is singing. Though there is some more guitars in that than Rock You.

Also, Tie Your Mother Down kicks ass.

Now if only they'd do some ZZ Tops I'd be a happy man. Oh, and Clapton.

15. Re: Queen DLC for Rock Band Oct 2, 2009, 19:07 nin

Princes of the Universe or nothing.

Yeah, great list, but I want PotU in there...

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

14. Re: Queen DLC for Rock Band Oct 2, 2009, 18:31 Lorcin

I guess Rock Band and Guitar Hero have really set out their stalls - Rock Band is aiming at the older so called "classic rock" demographic whilst guitar hero is going for the more recent hits.

I can't say in general which franchise has more legs but I'd rather play Metallica, Artic Monkeys and Foo Fighters then Queen and the Beetles.

Also there is a definate end to huge classic rock anthems - but throwaway rock hits of the day are always made.

Guitar Hero 5 is the first GH game I prefer to the rock band series I guess I've set out my stall too.

13. Re: Queen DLC for Rock Band Oct 2, 2009, 18:26 Pedle Zelnip

Bohemian would've had crazy high licensing fees, but what I'm wondering is why We Are the Champions isn't here when it's available for GHWT/GH5? Did Activision get exclusive rights?  
PZ
------------

12. Re: Queen DLC for Rock Band Oct 2, 2009, 16:57 Kxmode

Mostly great songs, but I'd trade One Vision and Tie Your Mother Down for We Will Rock You/We Are the Champions and Bohemian Rhapsody. I can't believe those didn't make the list.

It probably because they're crazy popular and the licensing fees reflect that, or they simply couldn't get the license to those tracks.

11. Re: Queen DLC for Rock Band Oct 2, 2009, 16:55 briktal

Maybe they are holding it back for a Rock Band 3 that would include the harmony concept from the Beatles game.  

10. Re: Queen DLC for Rock Band Oct 2, 2009, 16:39 Zyrxil

Seriously, how did Bohemian Rhapsody not make the list? Did the rights owners decide since it's the most popular song to charge 100x the licensing fee or something?

This comment was edited on Oct 2, 2009, 16:40.

9. Re: Queen DLC for Rock Band Oct 2, 2009, 16:34 ^mortis^

funny how "Fat Bottomed Girl" would probably be a ban-hammer name on XBL.

^m^

8. Re: Queen DLC for Rock Band Oct 2, 2009, 16:31 LittleMe

Yeah no Bohemian is a huge loss.  

Political freedom can only be preceded by economic freedom which is preceded by monetary freedom.

7. Re: Queen DLC for Rock Band Oct 2, 2009, 16:19 jdreyer

Heh, maybe just wishful thinking, but someday I'd like to see Bicycle Race, too...

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

6. Re: Queen DLC for Rock Band Oct 2, 2009, 16:18 Hyatus

Princes of the Universe or nothing.

/lol
//j/k
///awesome list

5. Re: Queen DLC for Rock Band Oct 2, 2009, 15:13 Kxmode

This is a Champion list!  

4. Re: Queen DLC for Rock Band Oct 2, 2009, 15:01 Wowbagger_TIP

Awesome track list. I kinda want to by Rock Band now too  

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

3. Re: Queen DLC for Rock Band Oct 2, 2009, 15:01 Techie714

Get Down, Make Love......(You knew this was coming!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNB3Y-YVijA

In before NIN..hehe

Steam (ID)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/techie714/
DEAD SH0T
Keep your privacy!
http://prism-break.org/

22 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..