Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Aion Launch Q&A, Patch

The Complexities Of Launching Aion on Gamasutra talks with Brian Knox of NCsoft Seattle, asking the producer on the western version of Aion about its launch. They discuss the global nature of the game, the departure from other MMOG's Aion represents, what represents "western" gameplay, localization, the game's emphasis on storytelling, and much more. Also, Massively reports a new patch is live in Aion that prevents players from whispering until they reach level 5. This is a temporary measure to thwart gold farmers until a more permanent solution is devised.

View
5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

5. Re: Aion Launch Q&A, Patch Oct 2, 2009, 12:33 rist3903

The majority of spammers I have seen in wow bot hike their level 1 characters up in to org and say their macro then get deleted. By steal this idea please, I mean prevent characters below level 5 from communicating.

I do believe that this would fix their little red wagons.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

4. Re: Aion Launch Q&A, Patch Oct 2, 2009, 07:53 spindoctor

I kind of like the no whispering until characters reach level 5.

Blizzard, steal this idea please.

Actually, this no whispering until level 5 is not going to make much of a difference. Most of these gold spammers are already leveling up to 5 so that they can use the chat channels to spam their nonsense as well.

Also, Blizzard already has a decent level on control on this nonsense. In their case, most gold spammers use free trial accounts, and WoW does not allow whispers to go out from trial accounts unless they are whispered first. Not to mention that if you do ever see a message from a gold seller, you can report and block them with a simple click, something that Aion has not implemented (which is bewildering).

edit - just found out that Aion has implemented the ability to block people in chat. The community manager posted it on Twitter yesterday. I guess the functionality was added with this patch.

This comment was edited on Oct 2, 2009, 08:44.

Some of the most miserable and unhappy gamers on the planet are at Bluesnews

3. Re: Aion Launch Q&A, Patch Oct 2, 2009, 02:10 rist3903

I kind of like the no whispering until characters reach level 5.

Blizzard, steal this idea please.

2. Re: Aion Launch Q&A, Patch Oct 1, 2009, 21:47 Cthulhu

What about the waiting times to join an European server?
Well....what about em??? this is after all, NCsoft.

Should you really be expecting anything better?

"Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn"
- Cthulhu fhtagn: 479'S, 12643'W Cthulhu

1. Re: Aion Launch Q&A, Patch Oct 1, 2009, 19:53 Bludd

What about the waiting times to join an European server?  

5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo