Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

DDO Unlimited Trailer

The Ruins Of Threnal Featurette on GameTrailers.com promotes the new update available in Dungeons & Dragons Online: Eberron Unlimited, the now subscription-free MMORPG from Turbine.

View
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

6. Re: DDO Unlimited Trailer Oct 1, 2009, 11:32 KezClone

Actually, if you play through all of the free content just one time, you can only get to level four.

First off, that's completely untrue. You can get a leveling sigil as a quest reward. If you don't want to take a leveling sigil as a quest reward (and instead take an item) you can buy a leveling sigil.

I took a leveling sigil as a quest reward when I was level 3 and I'm now able to level my character to level 8, whereupon I can get ANOTHER leveling sigil as a quest reward to continue completely free.

I started playing DDO a couple weeks ago and this is my direct experience.

I found the idea of grinding merely to level the character boring so I deleted the game after a couple days. But what I did play I thought was fun, so if they opened up more content I'd probably install it again.

There is admittedly some grinding in the sense that you can re-do quests if you so choose. Most people re-do a quest to do it at a higher level of difficulty which ups the XP and reward.

There is no required grinding.

It would be interesting if these things ever generated the user base to allow them to be ad-supported like television is.

Huh?

5. Re: DDO Unlimited Trailer Oct 1, 2009, 10:19 Bill Borre

Actually, if you play through all of the free content just one time, you can only get to level four. I found the idea of grinding merely to level the character boring so I deleted the game after a couple days. But what I did play I thought was fun, so if they opened up more content I'd probably install it again. It would be interesting if these things ever generated the user base to allow them to be ad-supported like television is.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

4. Re: DDO Unlimited Trailer Oct 1, 2009, 10:03 Theo

cau us euro's play the free to play yet?

Everyone on Bluesnews is synical, get over it.
edit: i cant spell, this is my disclaimer.

3. Re: DDO Unlimited Trailer Sep 30, 2009, 23:23 Cutter

PHJF and myself are on Thelanis - though he's F2P and I'm VIP. And yes, it really is a good game - if it's your cup of tea. I can see how it's not for everyone, but for those who like it, it's a great game. so many ways to approach the same quests depending on what you're playing and how they're built. And it has the best combat of any MOG out there today.  

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?

2. Re: DDO Unlimited Trailer Sep 30, 2009, 22:40 Fuzzmatang

It's fun but it's basically a free trial. Once you get to level 12, you have to pay and you can only get the good content if you buy adventure packs.  

1. Re: DDO Unlimited Trailer Sep 30, 2009, 22:10 A51Abductee

I just started playing DDO yesterday. It's surprisingly fun, and yes, it's entirely possible to enjoy it without paying a dime. Very helpful community as well.  

6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo