Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

UO Return to Britannia Campaign

EA and Ultima Online Announce “Return to Britannia” Campaign in Honor of 12th Anniversary Celebration, as Ultima Online first launched on September 25, 1997. They celebrate the first dozen years of operation by the fantasy-themed MMORPG by offering former players the chance to play the game in its current form for free between now and October 16. For everyone else, there's also a 14-Day Free Trial for the game. Here's word on Return to Britannia:

Closed accounts in good standing have been re-activated, and former players can log back into the game using their original user name and passwords.

New content available to returning players through the Return to Britannia Campaign includes Mondain’s Legacy, the 7th UO expansion which introduced the playable Elven race and dangerous, new dungeons to explore. Mondain’s Legacy was made available at no charge in August 2009 to existing subscribers and to new players as part of the Ultima Online 14-day free trial.

“We’re hoping that, as part of the Return to Britannia Campaign, former players will once again rediscover the joys of Ultima Online,” said Jeff Hickman, Executive Producer for Mythic Entertainment. “UO was the first love of many MMORPG players, and it still holds a special place in their hearts after 12 glorious years. I think returning players will be pleasantly surprised to find a thriving and vibrant community from around the world ready to welcome back their former compatriots and include them in their ongoing adventures.”

View
28 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

8. RE: UO Return to Britannia Campaign Sep 28, 2009, 13:31 Hanneth

Don't worry UO looks worse than ever with it's highly pixelated new character graphics and monsters they are still missing artwork for. You remember the great debacle they used to have with every expansion? Well they are continuing that tradition with their newest client.

If any of you tried playing the old client in Windows Vista you will remember how it played nicely, the new client triggers even Windows 7's UAC. Don't worry, they've gotten rid of niceties like being able to double click on your character and going into the game, now you have to click on your character name, then move the mouse to login, or what ever the button is called.

As for the person saying they found their disk... It's useless, you will need to download either the SA Classic Client, or download the SA New Client, your old disk will not work.

This comment was edited on Sep 28, 2009, 13:57.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: UO Return to Britannia Campaign Sep 28, 2009, 13:07 Kxmode

If they want to welcome back former players they need to offer an account recovery page because most are not going to have their account information. I sure as hell do not and I have emails going as far back as 1999.  

6. Re: UO Return to Britannia Campaign Sep 28, 2009, 13:02 wonkawonka

I'd be willing to give it a shot, but after 10 years I don't remember my account name. I can't access email from that long ago. I have no way to get my account back.

same here, but it's more like 11 years for me... No dreads at the time. Just 7x100 skills.

5. Re: UO Return to Britannia Campaign Sep 28, 2009, 12:28 Kxmode

What keeps these people their in game?

Devotion, commitment, a sense of ownership... take your pick.

4. Re: UO Return to Britannia Campaign Sep 28, 2009, 11:52 Umbragen

I'd be willing to give it a shot, but after 10 years I don't remember my account name. I can't access email from that long ago. I have no way to get my account back. I had a fine stable of Dreads and I'm not interested in starting a no-skill noob.

Took awhile to find, but I still have my original key code. They should offer a way to input that data, cross-referenced to my name/address or some other identifying information.

This comment was edited on Sep 28, 2009, 13:41.

3. Re: UO Return to Britannia Campaign Sep 28, 2009, 11:13 DI-MeisterM

The Britannia I know died together with Ultima 9: Ascension.  

2. Re: UO Return to Britannia Campaign Sep 28, 2009, 11:03 subx

a misplaced sense of community  

1. Re: UO Return to Britannia Campaign Sep 28, 2009, 10:47 Techie714 ©

WOW, that's just crazy this game has been going on this long & STILL has people playing it. What keeps these people their in game?  

Steam (ID)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/techie714/
DEAD SH0T
Keep your privacy!
http://prism-break.org/

28 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo