Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Darkest of Days Patch

A new patch for Darkest of Days is now available on the Darkest of Days Forums, updating the history-altering first-person shooter to version 1.04. The new version adds support for mouse buttons 4 and 5, adds support for num pad bindings, adds a mouse-smoothing option, and includes new PhysX software. The download is mirrored on AtomicGamer and The Patches Scrolls.

View
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

6. Re: Darkest of Days Patch Sep 27, 2009, 11:41 tyuicc

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Sep 28, 2009, 05:32.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: Darkest of Days Patch Sep 25, 2009, 09:11 Umbragen

Considering what the company is known for, this is a remarkable 'first effort' at making a real game.

4. Re: Darkest of Days Patch Sep 24, 2009, 23:59 StingingVelvet

I enjoyed the game... $20-30 is probably the sweet spot, as said. I played through the whole thing in a few days which is generally a sign I liked it a good bit.

I guess it feels "cheap" in a way, yes... it was a small team. I don't think that means the game isn't fun to play though... I enjoyed it more than the last Halo, and that was far from cheaply made.

This comment was edited on Sep 25, 2009, 00:00.

3. Re: Darkest of Days Patch Sep 24, 2009, 23:32 Wowbagger_TIP

I like the idea too. Just seems like they didn't even try to do anything with it.  

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

2. Re: Darkest of Days Patch Sep 24, 2009, 23:04 Elf Shot The Food

I tried the demo. The idea is cool, but the game feels really low-budget and cheap.

This comment was edited on Sep 24, 2009, 23:05.

1. Re: Darkest of Days Patch Sep 24, 2009, 22:28 tony

This game really isn't that bad. It has been unfairly maligned by the media. Users (in general) are liking this game way, way more than what "professional" reviews have given it.

If anyone can find it for $30 or less, it's worth it - especially if you've got a good nvidia card to run the physx effects with.

6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo