Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Modern Warfare 2 Surprises Remain

VideoGamer.com has word from Infinity Ward that some surprises remain in Modern Warfare 2, in spite of all the advance publicity for the military shooter sequel also known as Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, a Modern Warfare Call of Duty Game (or something like that). "There are some huge surprises. What's awesome is, we've done all the press we've done so far, we've shown Cliffhanger, we've shown some Favela, we've set the tone of what Modern Warfare 2 is, and yet there is something we haven't talked about that, and the reason we haven't talked about it is because once you see it you completely forget everything we've already talked about. It becomes this whole new game. That's what I'm excited for," Infinity Ward's Robert Bowling tells them. "There are a lot of surprises. Some stuff we will never talk about till launch, and that's just because we want that… it's emotional stuff that we want to have that emotional response when you play, not read it in a magazine and then you're like, oh yeah I know about that."

View
28 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

28. Re: Modern Warfare 2 Surprises Remain Sep 27, 2009, 23:25 Jerykk

Nudity?

This. Since every CoD game is guaranteed to sell at least 10 million units, they should add lots of T&A and get this one an AO rating. What will Sony, MS and Wal-Mart do? Say no to easy money?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

27. Re: Modern Warfare 2 Surprises Remain Sep 24, 2009, 08:36 Verno

I'm not your pal, friend.

And I'm not your buddy, champ.

Thank Verno the voice of reason and reality in this troubling time. How dare someone fantasize about bad things happening to rich people.

Please remain prolific in your posting. I love the "takes everything seriously & personally guy".

Let's hug it out brosef.

Playing: Divinity Original Sin, Infamous Second Son, Madden
Watching: Spartan, Possible Worlds, The Changeling

26. Re: Modern Warfare 2 Surprises Remain Sep 24, 2009, 01:10 ColoradoHoudini

two words..

Alien Zombies

25. Re: Modern Warfare 2 Surprises Remain Sep 23, 2009, 19:12 DangerDog

Bad Company 2 won't be out for quite awhile.

Operation Flashpoint 2 would have been a contender to maybe steal some of Infinity Ward's thunder but things aren't looking so good. It was just confirmed that OFP2 will ship with 4 multiplayer maps (for the two PvP modes that will ship with the game) with more to follow in the form of 'free' DLC. The PC gets the mission editor, but console players are at the mercy of Codemasters for extra content.

24. Re: Modern Warfare 2 Surprises Remain Sep 23, 2009, 18:43 Jackplug

Battlefield Bad Comapny will piss all over this, so I cant see myself buying this as I cant see it being so different from the last one.

You can follow the hype all you want, but in the end i think that it wont be so different from the last one in style of gameplay..

This comment was edited on Sep 23, 2009, 18:44.

23. Re: Modern Warfare 2 Surprises Remain Sep 23, 2009, 18:39 space captain

i think they are adding a go-kart mode  
Go forth, and kill!

22. Re: Modern Warfare 2 Surprises Remain Sep 23, 2009, 18:26 Pyloff

Thank Verno the voice of reason and reality in this troubling time. How dare someone fantasize about bad things happening to rich people.

Please remain prolific in your posting. I love the "takes everything seriously & personally guy".

21. Re: Modern Warfare 2 Surprises Remain Sep 23, 2009, 17:50 CJ_Parker

I have a surprise for Modern Warfare 2: I'm not going to buy you, you stupid fuck of a game!

There. How was that for a surprise eh? Next time I'll show Modern Warfare 2 my willy. Stay tuned...

20. Re: Modern Warfare 2 Surprises Remain Sep 23, 2009, 17:26 Dmitri_M

Are you a certified retard or something?

-Tony!!!;)
my 360 user name is Robo Pop

There's so much irony in this post!!!;)

19. Re: Modern Warfare 2 Surprises Remain Sep 23, 2009, 17:23 The PC Warrior

I can't really say Activision would be doing anything amazing without Kotick so I don't really understand all the hate. Yeah he's a jerkoff in the press but I haven't met a single executive level member of the industry who isn't all about money. He gets honesty points from me if for no other reason than he doesn't sugarcoat the obvious. I thought more of you would respect that kind of straight up talk considering how many of you complain about the annoying advertising speak we see in the industry every day.

The man may be an asshole but he's an honest one.

18. Re: Modern Warfare 2 Surprises Remain Sep 23, 2009, 16:58 Wowbagger_TIP

Wait, what? Your reaction seems a bit strong. I'd ask if you know him or something, but you don't come across as quite big enough an asshole to hang with him :p
He seems more like an asshole groupie to me

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

17. Re: Modern Warfare 2 Surprises Remain Sep 23, 2009, 15:49 Creston

The guy is a cancer on the gaming industry.

Amen.

Creston

16. Re: Modern Warfare 2 Surprises Remain Sep 23, 2009, 15:42 osage no onna

Don't worry, I'm sure an executive with a wife, children and stable work history for 20+ years will suddenly develop a PCP habit just to suit your internet fantasies pal.

I'm not your pal, friend.

Also, like I said, I was joking about everything except the part where I wished he'd lose his job. There are worse things in life than a millionaire losing one job, and I actually think that's a reasonable thing to wish on someone who openly says he tries to instill an atmosphere of "skepticism, pessimism, and fear" at his workplace, never mind all the other stuff.

You do realize your hobby is videogames and not gun running or smuggling, right?

Wait, what? Your reaction seems a bit strong. I'd ask if you know him or something, but you don't come across as quite big enough an asshole to hang with him :p

15. Re: Modern Warfare 2 Surprises Remain Sep 23, 2009, 15:14 Mostly_Harmless

$10 says its zombies.

My £10 says its aliens.

This comment was edited on Sep 23, 2009, 15:14.

14. Re: Modern Warfare 2 Surprises Remain Sep 23, 2009, 14:59 Agent.X7

Um Ozzy Osbourne is still worth hundreds of millions regardless of drugs or not. His latest album sold like crazy, and though he can barely perform live anymore because he's a cripple, he is still crazy popular.

Now he is. He was stone broke in the 70s and early 80s.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

13. Re: Modern Warfare 2 Surprises Remain Sep 23, 2009, 14:43 Hump

from Wikipedia re Robert Kotick:

Kotick is a controversial figure in the press and gaming community. This is due to the fact that he is only interested in creating sequels to popular franchises, rather than developing new ones. In responding to why Activision Blizzard chose not to publish certain games, he implied the company is not interested in games that "don't have the potential to be exploited every year on every platform with clear sequel potential and have the potential to become $100 million franchises".

He has zero interest in pushing gaming into new areas of creativity and artistic expression even though, like EA, they have the resources and industry position to take a leadership role in such an endeavor. Instead he chooses to be a semen receptacle for sharehlders.

The guy is a cancer on the gaming industry.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

12. Re: Modern Warfare 2 Surprises Remain Sep 23, 2009, 14:38 Tony!!!

"Maybe they actually made a fun game this time?"

Are you a certified retard or something?

-Tony!!!;)
my 360 user name is Robo Pop

11. Re: Modern Warfare 2 Surprises Remain Sep 23, 2009, 14:21 clickbouyow

I bet the real surprise is that it is another console port...oh wait. We already know that. Maybe they actually made a fun game this time?  

10. Re: Modern Warfare 2 Surprises Remain Sep 23, 2009, 13:52 Verno

And don't be so butthurt Vern that Kotic makes more in a day than you do in a lifetime.

Wow you're retarded, I'm the only one defending him Cavem. He's good at making money and *surprise* thats exactly what hes doing. Maybe he's a dick about it but a CEO of a major corporation being a dick isn't exactly unprecedented in the business world. Calling him out on being a douche is fine but wishing death and disease on him is a bit much was my point. The guy isn't murdering kittens or stealing infants.

This comment was edited on Sep 23, 2009, 13:53.

Playing: Divinity Original Sin, Infamous Second Son, Madden
Watching: Spartan, Possible Worlds, The Changeling

9. Re: Modern Warfare 2 Surprises Remain Sep 23, 2009, 13:49 Caveman

Um Ozzy Osbourne is still worth hundreds of millions regardless of drugs or not. His latest album sold like crazy, and though he can barely perform live anymore because he's a cripple, he is still crazy popular.

And don't be so butthurt Vern that Kotic makes more in a day than you do in a lifetime.

28 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo