Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Obsidian on Alpha Protocol Role-Playing

The Obsidian Forums have posts from Obsidian's Matthew Rorie to tidbits in the leaked SCEA documents (thanks Shacknews), this one in particular responds to allegations that Alpha Protocol is not enough of an RPG:

And yes, I believe the gentleman in the quotes works for SCEA. As for what he said, obviously we enjoy any feedback that we can get, but without knowing how much of the game he played (and I seriously doubt that someone as busy as a product evaluator for Sony is going to be playing through an entire game if it's as long as Alpha Protocol), it's hard to judge what he meant by those comments. Suffice to say that Alpha Protocol is going to tickle your RPG tastebuds when it's released.

View
10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

10. Re: Obsidian on Alpha Protocol Role-Playing Sep 23, 2009, 02:35 eRe4s3r

I think anyone expecting this to be like Deus-Ex, even remotely like it, will be in for a harsh reality check (again). Look at that - http://www.gametrailers.com/video/sdcc-09-alpha-protocol/53078

Might be a good game or not, I expect nothing less but total console suckage, at least that way, i won't be let down if its good.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: Obsidian on Alpha Protocol Role-Playing Sep 23, 2009, 02:09 Jerykk

The Sega document actually complains that the first level is too hard. That's very promising and gives me even more hope for the game.  

8. Re: Obsidian on Alpha Protocol Role-Playing Sep 23, 2009, 02:01 Cutter

Yeah, I'm not sure about this one. I won't be rushing out for it untill I see some feedback for sure.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

7. Re: Obsidian on Alpha Protocol Role-Playing Sep 23, 2009, 01:19 Jerykk

That's not a bad thing, by any means, as you could easily classify Deus Ex in the same way.

I was going to say, AP reminds me of DX more than any traditional RPG. That said, I highly doubt it will be as detailed and have as open-ended gameplay as DX.

6. Re: Obsidian on Alpha Protocol Role-Playing Sep 23, 2009, 01:08 The Half Elf

Will Alpha Protocol have a npc companion talk about how there is a island full of spy's for the majority of the game, even making it seem like your going to go there, but you never do?  

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

5. Re: Obsidian on Alpha Protocol Role-Playing Sep 23, 2009, 00:51 NKD

I'm just pulling for Obsidian & hoping they "finally" have a hit on their hands, they deserve it.

Doing something besides making a subpar sequel to someone elses property can't hurt. Hopefully they'll get somewhere with this. Being the "outsourced sequel guys" probably isn't a good long term business plan.

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.

4. Re: Obsidian on Alpha Protocol Role-Playing Sep 22, 2009, 23:44 Creston

From what I've seen from it so far, it looks more like a shooter with roleplaying elements than a hardcore RPG.

That's not a bad thing, by any means, as you could easily classify Deus Ex in the same way.

I'm curious what the response to this game will be. If people here on Blues like it well enough, I'll probably pick it up. Though I want to make sure the game has an actual ENDING this time...

Creston

3. Re: Obsidian on Alpha Protocol Role-Playing Sep 22, 2009, 20:57 Techie714

I'm just pulling for Obsidian & hoping they "finally" have a hit on their hands, they deserve it.  

Steam (ID)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/techie714/
DEAD SH0T
Keep your privacy!
http://prism-break.org/

2. Re: Obsidian on Alpha Protocol Role-Playing Sep 22, 2009, 20:45 CJ_Parker

I'm ready to fuck this game, too!!!

1. Re: Obsidian on Alpha Protocol Role-Playing Sep 22, 2009, 20:17 space captain

im fucking ready for this game  
Go forth, and kill!

10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo