Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Into the Black

View
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

6. Re: Into the Black Sep 22, 2009, 06:48 space captain

The article did mention that Jediism has half a million followers world wide.

the article is also completely full of shit. check out the jedi church website for yourself

Go forth, and kill!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: Into the Black Sep 21, 2009, 22:54 Quboid

Is there really half a million people who watched Star Wars and now genuinely believe that the force exists and that metachlorians dictate how in touch with it we are? Or are there half a million people who really like Star Wars and thought it would be funny or were taking a survey/census they didn't really care about?

Even the followers of Scientology appear to believe in it. IMHO the difference between a cult and a religion is that the leaders of a religion believe the stuff. So the Catholic Church comes down to the age old question - "Is the pope a catholic?". I suspect he is and therefore Catholicism is a religion. IMHO. Scientology, I believe, is <<< CONTENT REMOVED FOR LEGAL REASONS >>>, but there you go.

- Quboid

4. Re: Into the Black Sep 21, 2009, 21:25 jdreyer

Good point. Scientology was founded by an SF author only a few decades ago (supposedly on a dare), and now it has millions of followers. The article did mention that Jediism has half a million followers world wide.  

"Microsoft is the absent minded parent of PC gaming" - Verno

3. Re: Into the Black Sep 21, 2009, 21:07 ldonyo

At least actual religions have people who actually believe their particular crap.

Crap it may be, but this guy believes in it. His Jediism is no less a religion than any other and more than a few that are much older. The fact that it was inspired by a film is irrelevant. That doesn't mean he shouldn't remove his hood when asked.

2. Re: Into the Black Sep 21, 2009, 19:44 jdreyer

I wonder if they would discriminate over a full face mask with artificial breathing apparatus...  

"Microsoft is the absent minded parent of PC gaming" - Verno

1. Re: Into the Black Sep 21, 2009, 19:43 Quboid

"Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda and Luke Skywalker all appeared hoodless without ever going over to the Dark Side and we are only aware of the Emperor as one who never removed his hood.

Now there's something I never thought I'd hear in a Tesco's announcement. Good burn.

It's clearly not a religion anyway because these guys know it's a sci-fantasy film, ultimately they know it's fake. At least actual religions have people who actually believe their particular crap.

- Quboid

6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo