Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat Gold in Russia

GSC Game World Website has an update in Russian (thanks Big Download), indicating that S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat is gold and due on October 2. This update is not currently on the corresponding English version of the site, so this may just apply to Russia.

View
21 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

21. Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat Gold Sep 21, 2009, 00:06 Acleacius

You tried Oblivion Lost, Jerykk? OL for the most part fixes the problems you listed. I do use other additional fixes like one that improves the Armor of Stalkers and NPC Quest Givers, so they are much hardier.

Also I adjust the Factions, I didn't like the way the Military attacked Stalkers and their camp, it doesn't make sense in the scheme of things, since Stalkers actually help the military. Few other mods like the change of music sung and played at the campfires.

http://forums.filefront.com/s-t-l-k-e-r-soc-modding-editing/340033-s-t-l-k-e-r-oblivion-lost-kanyhalos.html

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

20. Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat Gold Sep 21, 2009, 00:06 Acleacius

Omg, someone save me from this freaky forum!

This comment was edited on Sep 21, 2009, 00:09.

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

19. Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat Gold Sep 21, 2009, 00:02 Acleacius

Double post forum is freaking out.

This comment was edited on Sep 21, 2009, 00:08.

18. Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat Gold Sep 20, 2009, 19:18 Jerykk

Release has been pushed back to fix glaring issues. Any change in plans will be listed here immediately.

You might want to hold off on LURK until the 25th so they can fix the bugs.

Btw, does this mod fix the most annoying design decisions of the original game?

1) Time limits on side missions.
2) Inability to repair weapons or armor.
3) Ridiculous enemy respawn rates.

If it does, I'll be a happy camper.

This comment was edited on Sep 20, 2009, 19:22.

17. Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat Gold Sep 20, 2009, 19:16 Caveman

Okay, so today is the day the LURK mod for SoC was finally supposed to be released. They released it, but took it down shortly after. However, someone posted it on megaupload, so I grabbed it there before it was taken down there. I must say, this mod really is the best. As soon as you step out the bunker, you will notice just how much better the game is. The weather effects really shine. The new fog effect just makes the game ooze with that much more atmosphere.

What's even more surprising is the mod is being developed by a /v/ community.

Check it out:
http://www.moddb.com/mods/lurk

I will repost the 2 files on megaupload upon request.

16. Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat Gold in Russia Sep 20, 2009, 18:36 Rhialto

Heard it could be delayed to 2010 for other regions, reason could be for the DirectX 11 compliant harware to show up 1st. Wonder why it would be different to Russia and surroundings.  

15. Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat Gold in Russia Sep 20, 2009, 16:16 Bumpy

Looking forward to the English release, atmosphere in these games are outstanding. Definitely getting this game after a few patches have been release. Buying the DVD version so mods, hack and packs work properly.  

14. Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat Gold in Russia Sep 20, 2009, 15:24 osage no onna

Might not want to get this one on Steam if you think you might be interested in future mods. The forced patches are likely to be a problem.  

13. Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat Gold in Russia Sep 20, 2009, 15:22 swaaye

I didn't buy SoC until 1.005 was out. I think I'll do the same here prolly. It's much cheaper living this way too.  

12. Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat Gold in Russia Sep 20, 2009, 15:07 Surf

They simply took the MS (and others) approach and made us Alpha/Beta testers. What do you expect from such a small team with near zero quality assurance/control.

11. Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat Gold in Russia Sep 20, 2009, 14:25 Dots

Buying this as soon as it's available. Hopefully through Steam.  

10. Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat Gold in Russia Sep 20, 2009, 13:37 silentsammy

Even with the flaws, the STALKER games are great games. Definately pickin it up  

9. No subject Sep 20, 2009, 13:25 Dan M

Dooble-post

This comment was edited on Sep 20, 2009, 13:26.

8. Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat Gold in Russia Sep 20, 2009, 13:25 Dan M

This bit of info comes to mind from a magazine article earlier this year:

"Proper beta-testing promised, thanks to the new company they hired and less tech experimentation than in CS"

Who knows what this will result in but I'm at least hopeful of an improvement over CS - third time's a charm, right? ...hello?

This comment was edited on Sep 20, 2009, 13:27.

7. Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat Gold in Russia Sep 20, 2009, 13:09 CommunistHamster

Buying collectors edition whenever it's out in Britain. The last two have been tremendously enjoyable and I have been lucky enough for the bugs not to have affected me much. In my experience, Bioshock had more crashes.

This comment was edited on Sep 20, 2009, 13:10.

6. Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat Gold in Russia Sep 20, 2009, 13:00 Acleacius

They spend so much time chasing after graphics whores, they are forced to shovel out beta versions, too bad as GSC has real talent and vision, just their egos get in the way.

I'll wait till the patches come then eagerly get the stabilized version.

5. Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat Gold in Russia Sep 20, 2009, 12:22 Rhialto

Hopefully the French/English will be released soon also. Had hope for a Collector's Edition released in North America this time but with a new distributor again I believe we will be left out one more time.

The two previous title worked flawlessly on my computer. And after many months not playing either I installed SoC last week with the Complete mod. I'm at the end so tonight I will have finished it. A great mod I must admit.

I confess that when I reached the end I was proposed the wish granter. Must have skipped a few missions or something so I had to use my trick again to open the last door and i was happy it worked.

4. Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat Gold in Russia Sep 20, 2009, 12:10 Surf

Yes I agree, another "pump n' dump" as I tell my girlfriends.

Still, will get it on BT and check it out as I love this series and am dying to play it. So engrossing! Hope it has some radical changes to the gameplay, the graphics and sound are already superb.

3. Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat Gold in Russia Sep 20, 2009, 12:05 DDI

This thing was announced pratically last week. This is going to be another dump on the market and patch later deals.  

2. Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat Gold in Russia Sep 20, 2009, 11:43 Hump

Nice. Hopefully this means the localized English version isn't far behind.  

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

21 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo