Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Risen Gold, Rises Next Month

Publisher Deep Silver and developer Piranha Bytes announce the Windows edition of Risen is gold, and the fantasy-themed role-playing game will be released worldwide on October 2, with the Xbox 360 edition expected early next year:

Hermosa Beach, Calif. - September 18, 2009 - Deep Silver Inc., a publisher of interactive entertainment software and a wholly-owned subsidiary of Koch Media, and the developer Piranha Bytes just announced that the RPG Risen has reached gold status for Windows PC and will be released worldwide on October 2, 2009. The game is expected to be released on the Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system from Microsoft in North America early next year.

About Risen:
This epic role playing game is set in a medieval world on a volcanic Mediterranean island, The "Risen" story unfolds over four chapters and will offer multiple ways to develop the story by his own actions and decisions. An innovative and intuitive user control interface will support both casual and hardcore gamers. With full world streaming support, the player will have a seamless experience while playing in a fully simulated game world with authentic characters.

View
30 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

30. Re: Risen Gold, Rises Next Month Sep 20, 2009, 01:45 Acleacius

Woo hoo, PB is back and badass!  
The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

29. Re: waaaahhh the bad trolls are bad Sep 19, 2009, 11:16 space captain

Keep spewing your filth. I think everyone wants to hear more.

ditto, cool guy. ditto.

Go forth, and kill!

28. Re: Risen Gold, Rises Next Month Sep 19, 2009, 07:51 Dwarf_Snowninja

Hmmm perhaps we'll have to wait for a 3rd party patch then if its too close to g3? After trying the community mod I found g3 quite enjoyable (vs the perma dodging wolves and the ai that couldn't climb a pile of rocks to save its life). Still, I'll hope that its more like g1/g2 than g3, I can dream, can't I?  

27. Re: Risen Gold, Rises Next Month Sep 19, 2009, 07:35 StingingVelvet

I'm buying it... might not play it for a long while and let it be patched, but I want to support these kinds of games and PC-centered development.

I hope it pops up on Steam before launch.

26. Re: Risen Gold, Rises Next Month Sep 19, 2009, 05:40 eRe4s3r

Well, we'll see soon enough! Not sure from what game-state that "website experience" was made.. i just noticed this (because you make the same grunts as you do in g3 when you are "bear-locked" pre-patch  

25. Re: waaaahhh the bad trolls are bad Sep 19, 2009, 01:56 Kxmode

its purely relevant to the topic at hand - but i dont expect you to grasp such intricacies, considering your one-word ad-hominem response to valid arguments veiled in comedy

you're just a dumbass, but thats ok - its really common.

Keep spewing your filth. I think everyone wants to hear more.

24. Re: Risen Gold, Rises Next Month Sep 18, 2009, 23:06 Jerykk

Damnit, why couldn't they have just kept the combat system from G1/2? I really, really want Risen to be good but if the combat is anything like G3, it'll ruin the game.  

23. Re: Risen Gold, Rises Next Month Sep 18, 2009, 22:03 eRe4s3r

The Monster "Fly" in the Tempel clearly stunlocks you repeatedly with about 20 attacks like the G3 boars pre-patch (he had probably god-mode on), i would say thats a bad thing - it looks like they still haven't figured out how to make combat work right.

Aside that i'll wait for Reviews, given that Borderlands and Dragon Age come around soon

22. Re: waaaahhh the bad trolls are bad Sep 18, 2009, 21:59 space captain

its purely relevant to the topic at hand - but i dont expect you to grasp such intricacies, considering your one-word ad-hominem response to valid arguments veiled in comedy

you're just a dumbass, but thats ok - its really common.

Go forth, and kill!

21. Re: Risen Gold, Rises Next Month Sep 18, 2009, 20:02 Kxmode

more like "someone who knows what they are talking about", as opposed to you.. you're clueless

Coming from someone like you that means a lot.

This comment was edited on Sep 18, 2009, 20:27.

20. Re: Risen Gold, Rises Next Month Sep 18, 2009, 19:54 PropheT

Good lord that web site sucks. I just wanted to find out about the game...you'd think that would be something achievable on its official site, but I guess not.  

19. Re: Risen Gold, Rises Next Month Sep 18, 2009, 19:10 Icewind

looks like G1 redux

Yes, but the combat looks too much like G3.

From people I've been hearing from on the boards the game has a shorter version of G3's stunlock. I'm apprehensive, but I'll still hold on to my pre-purchase of it.

18. Re: Risen Gold, Rises Next Month Sep 18, 2009, 16:02 space captain

looks like G1 redux  
Go forth, and kill!

17. Re: Risen Gold, Rises Next Month Sep 18, 2009, 16:02 space captain

Troll.

more like "someone who knows what they are talking about", as opposed to you.. you're clueless

Go forth, and kill!

16. Re: Risen Gold, Rises Next Month Sep 18, 2009, 16:01 Zyrxil

It is Gothic, it's the Gothic devs. The question is whether it'll be Gothic II or Gothic III redux.  

15. Re: Risen Gold, Rises Next Month Sep 18, 2009, 15:51 Jerykk

Hmm, reminds me rather too much of Gothic.

That's a bad thing..?

14. Re: Risen Gold, Rises Next Month Sep 18, 2009, 15:28 sauron

Hmm, reminds me rather too much of Gothic. My money will be spent on Dragon Age, methinks.  

Kittens!

13. Re: Risen Gold, Rises Next Month Sep 18, 2009, 14:40 Verno

Checking it out first is definitely required for this one.

Finally someone else with some sense.

Playing: South Park, Dark Souls 2
Watching: Enemy, Network, Wer

12. Re: Risen Gold, Rises Next Month Sep 18, 2009, 14:35 Zyrxil

Ooh, I can play too. How about "Optimistic idiot who ignores past performance".  

11. Re: Risen Gold, Rises Next Month Sep 18, 2009, 14:33 Kxmode

Hopefully this game won't be a buggy mess.

Oh, there's 0 chance of that. The choices are only "Unplayably buggy" or "Playably buggy".

Troll.

30 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo