Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Need for Speed: SHIFT Demo

The Downloads section on the Need for Speed Website now offers the playable demo for the Windows editions of Need for Speed: SHIFT, offering a test drive of EA's racing sequel. The demo includes two tracks and five cars, and the download is mirrored on AtomicGamer, eXp Download, FanGaming, FileFront, Gamer's Hell, The Patches Scrolls, and Tiscali Games. Here's the deal:

Need for Speed SHIFT delivers the true driver’s experience with a stunning cockpit view, deep career mode and amazing car roster. You will be thrust into the loud, intense, and athletic experience of racing a car from the driver's perspective through the combination of perception based G-forces, the hyper reality of the cockpit view, and the all-new brutally disorienting crash dynamic. Prove your skill on two tracks – London River and the world famous Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps using one of 4 unlocked cars. Collect enough stars while you race to unlock the ultimate in performance, the Pagani Zonda F.

View
33 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

33. Re: NFS: SHIFT Demo Nov 3, 2009, 12:20 4insure

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Nov 3, 2009, 12:25.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

32. Re: NFS: SHIFT Demo Sep 24, 2009, 14:36 kimbambaman

Duuuuude...NFS:PU was AWESOME! *pines for the NFS glory days*  
"Everybody out of the universe!" - Nibbler, Futurama

31. Re: NFS: SHIFT Demo Sep 22, 2009, 09:33 DanteUK

The driving and physics are great.
Graphics are also great and performance is very good.

Now if only they could stop it from crashes(rebooting) my machine every couple of races. Seriously check out the forums, there are a lot of issues with the game crashes.

30. Re: NFS: SHIFT Demo Sep 19, 2009, 18:08 siapnar

Pretty underwhelming.. plus it doesn't perform nearly as well as it should.
There is a pretty good sense of speed, though.

Still, I liked GRID a lot better.

Guess we'll have to wait the NFS coming that's being devved by the Burnout team

I have projectile dysfunction.

29. Re: NFS: SHIFT Demo Sep 19, 2009, 11:50 TurdFergasun

that was 1gb of bandwidth i'm never getting back. was hoping as well for at least a spiritual return to the NFS porsche days myself, and was sadly dissapointed yet again. I'm more a fan of games that not only claim to have a physics model, but also base that model on actual physics, like nfs porsche, colin mcrae 2, xpand rally, lfs etc.. Grid was at a level for me where it was pretty enuf to be as stupid as it was, unfortunately shift is slightly less attractive, and enormously more better dumber.

and fwiw the cut scene advertisements between race were what finally facilitated it's discharge from my HD. prol the last ea demo i'll try for that reason and what was included in the EULA. next time i'll stick to TPB editions of EA releases, much more complete demo's without riccitiello's love juice spattered all over it. fuck i hate that guy.

28. Re: NFS: SHIFT Demo Sep 19, 2009, 11:48 Surf

@ Rigs

I'd do Derek Smarts wife, she's fucking hot as hell! Too bad she is married and has a kid with that utter asshole. I guess women really do love the money, because he would be an unbearable prick to live with I bet.

27. Re: NFS: SHIFT Demo Sep 19, 2009, 05:08 nofb

Yes, I suppose it needs a little getting used to.

I have another issue with this demo. For a 1-GB download, I would have preferred not to have to endure the long and repeatitive game ad between every single race, it's very annoying and I hope it's not a sign of what is to come with the full game.

Usually it's just a few screenshot luring you into buying the full game, shown before quitting. Here it's just plain invasive. The only way out is to switch to Windows and kill the process, usually is faster than waiting between races (but then you'll lose your points).

Another case of how badly marketing guys can mar a very good game, it's the new fashion

The demo gives a good feeling of what the game is like though, so I guess it's worth the download if you have a fast connection, despite this ad cockup.

26. Re: NFS: SHIFT Demo Sep 19, 2009, 04:29 Rigs

Oh get a fucking room already!

You wanna play 'Who's Got The Bigger Balls Showdown Challenge: Championship Edition' do it on your own time...or better yet, just go over to Derek Smart's house for a 3some free-for-all, he is the Supreme Commander, after all...I betchya he'd have you both, uh, licked in 2 minutes flat...

=-Rigs-=

This comment was edited on Sep 19, 2009, 04:31.

'Who am I?...I am the right hand of vengeance and the boot that is going to kick your sorry ass all the way back to Earth, sweetheart! I am death incarnate, and the last living thing that you are EVER going to see. GOD sent me.'

25. Re: NFS: SHIFT Demo Sep 19, 2009, 04:28 cronik

I found the demo to be a bit of a let down to be honest. It comes across as a sort of hybrid driving game, trying to please both the arcade and sim crowds, yet it just seems to feel a little flat overall. Graphically it holds up really well however, the vehicle interiors in particular are probably the best I've in a pc driving game.  

24. Re: NFS: SHIFT Demo Sep 19, 2009, 02:23 everyone

Well, fuck. I can meet you there then.  

23. Re: NFS: SHIFT Demo Sep 19, 2009, 01:10 Johnny R

I was just in Seattle. I live in Portland, Oregon. How about you be a little more specific.  

22. Re: NFS: SHIFT Demo Sep 19, 2009, 00:41 Jerykk

I prefer point to point races with varied scenery, though without the obnoxious bling of recent NFS games.

This.

I'm still waiting for another NFS Porsche Unleashed like game....

+1000

I'm not a big fan of pseudo-sims. NFS:PU was great not only because of the hybrid sim-arcade physics but because of the beautiful tracks. Racing on closed, sanctioned tracks just bores me to tears.

21. Re: NFS: SHIFT Demo Sep 19, 2009, 00:28 everyone

Yeah, come to Seattle. We'll meet up.  

20. Re: NFS: SHIFT Demo Sep 18, 2009, 23:37 Sempai

Hehe, i agree, all these internet kiddies with 0 respect who run their mouths cause their in their safe little houses while mommy grabs them their chocolate milk all the while typing away on their little dell keyboards spewing their garbage.

Id love to see you knocking on this punks door just to see his face when he answered. Course he's in the basement looking out his window and probably wouldnt asnwer the door, he'd make his mom do it.

You tough guy you.

19. Re: NFS: SHIFT Demo Sep 18, 2009, 22:59 Johnny R

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Sep 19, 2009, 12:22.

18. Re: NFS: SHIFT Demo Sep 18, 2009, 21:19 Xero

I had thought the same thing but its just poor design. You have to scroll with your direction keys (up/down) until you get to with "QUIT" link.
I never saw that and I scrolled up and down until I couldn't go no further both ways. It only had like resume, and options. Nothing about quitting. Typical EA pos.

Currently playing: FarCry 4, Max Payne 3, Diablo 3, Starcraft 2, Heroes of the Storm Alpha, Battlefield 3, Outlast, Red Faction Guerrilla

17. Re: NFS: SHIFT Demo Sep 18, 2009, 20:13 Bumpy

Played a bunch of the demo. Not impressed. For what it is (nominal quasi-sim circuit racer), it's well done but for what I'd like it to be (open world point to point exotic racer with story, cops, objectives, cut scenes and pit/paddock involvement), it's very dull.  

16. Re: NFS: SHIFT Demo Sep 18, 2009, 19:57 Hump

This game blows. I got the full version and as soon as I realized it goes with the can barely make a turn as if the car's wheels can barely turn, I attempted to quit, only find there is no QUIT option when you hit ESC. I then attempted ALT-F4. NOTHING. I then alt tabbed, endtask, and uninstalled this piece of garbage.

I had thought the same thing but its just poor design. You have to scroll with your direction keys (up/down) until you get to with "QUIT" link.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

15. Re: NFS: SHIFT Demo Sep 18, 2009, 17:28 Xero

This game blows. I got the full version and as soon as I realized it goes with the can barely make a turn as if the car's wheels can barely turn, I attempted to quit, only find there is no QUIT option when you hit ESC. I then attempted ALT-F4. NOTHING. I then alt tabbed, endtask, and uninstalled this piece of garbage.  

Currently playing: FarCry 4, Max Payne 3, Diablo 3, Starcraft 2, Heroes of the Storm Alpha, Battlefield 3, Outlast, Red Faction Guerrilla

14. Re: NFS: SHIFT Demo Sep 18, 2009, 17:03 Hump

Its not bad but like many have said, GRID is a similar but much better experience. The one thing I do like in SHIFT is the performance upgrades.

it is definitely the best NFS since Most Wanted (though that's not saying much...lol)

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

33 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo