Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Fallout 3 GotY Edition Next Month

The Bethesda Blog offers new details on Fallout 3 DLC for the PS3 and the Game of the Year Edition of Bethesda's action/RPG. They announce the release of an update for the PS3 version of the game to address a number of issues and add trophy support for the DLC, and say Broken Steel for the PS3 will be available September 24, followed Operation: Anchorage and The Pitt on October 1, and Point Lookout and Mothership Zeta on October 8. The Game of the Year edition of the original game plus all five DLC packs is due for all platforms on October 13, and they say: "The discs will include the title updates you will need to play the DLC — so an online connection is not required." They also announce US pricing, saying the console versions will retail for $59.99 and the Games for Windows version will be $49.99.

View
26 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

26. Re: Fallout 3 GotY Edition Next Month Sep 18, 2009, 00:56 jimnms

Are they FINALLY gonna fix the goddamned rivet city lockups?! my brother's been stuck in the story line up to that point...and has done everything else... much less the lack of DLC to keep him busy since he can't progress.

What lockups? I haven't had the game lock up at all, but I have had it CTD a few times, usually when goofing off and re-loading from saves a lot just to try out different options.

Steam Profile
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

25. Re: Fallout 3 GotY Edition Next Month Sep 18, 2009, 00:53 jimnms

There's Pitt / Anchorage disk and Broken Steel / Point Lookout disk. If you don't want to pay for this GotY edition because "you've already paid for Fallout", you can buy those, but it still doesn't get you Zeta without a download.

You're still going to pay the same amount to buy the DLC if you already own F3. If you buy them from GFWL it will be $49.95 ($9.99 x 5), or buy the two retail disks and Mothership Zeta from GFWL will be $49.97 ($19.99 x2 + $9.99). The GotY is $46.99 if you pre-order from Amazon. Even if you pay MSRP of $49.99, it's worth it to have it all in one package.

Steam Profile

24. Re: Fallout 3 GotY Edition Next Month Sep 17, 2009, 22:20 Creston

Are they FINALLY gonna fix the goddamned rivet city lockups?!

What lockups are those? The Gamebryo engine is a gigantic piece of shit. It crashes no matter WHAT you do, and Bethesda just doesn't care. But a lot of problems can fairly easily be solved, usually just by purging a cell buffer.

What problems is he having, specifically?

Creston

23. Re: Fallout 3 GotY Edition Next Month Sep 17, 2009, 22:13 [THA] Hamst3r

I'm looking forward to this. I haven't played Fallout 3 yet. With the knowledge of this GOTY edition coming out, I'm glad I didn't play it earlier. Now I get the main game, all the patches thus far and all the DLC at once.  

- The Hamster Alliance
http://www.hamsteralliance.com/ (music)

http://twitter.com/hamst3r | http://www.facebook.com/hamsteralliance | http://www.youtube.com/hamsteralliance

22. Re: Fallout 3 GotY Edition Next Month Sep 17, 2009, 21:13 Rhett

Are they FINALLY gonna fix the goddamned rivet city lockups?! my brother's been stuck in the story line up to that point...and has done everything else... much less the lack of DLC to keep him busy since he can't progress.  

21. Re: Fallout 3 GotY Edition Next Month Sep 17, 2009, 20:47 Techie714 ©

I already own F3 Collectors but I'm buying this GOTY edition as well. Fallout 3 is just such an amazing game I put it up their with the Half-Life series.  

Steam (ID)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/techie714/
DEAD SH0T
Keep your privacy!
http://prism-break.org/

20. Re: Fallout 3 GotY Edition Next Month Sep 17, 2009, 20:28 Rob

I wasn't counting this distribution.

There's Pitt / Anchorage disk and Broken Steel / Point Lookout disk. If you don't want to pay for this GotY edition because "you've already paid for Fallout", you can buy those, but it still doesn't get you Zeta without a download.

19. Re: Fallout 3 GotY Edition Next Month Sep 17, 2009, 20:17 jimnms

I can't wait. I got Fallout3 back in December (though I just started playing it last month) with a gift card, so it's not like I'm paying for it twice. Even if I did pay for it, the GotY is cheaper than buying all 5 DLC if you pre-order from Amazon for $46.99.

Hopefully I'll be finished with my current game by then. I'd like to start over with a new character. I picked a couple of perks that I regretted, but by the time I realized they didn't do what I thought they'd do, it was too late to go back.

Steam Profile

18. Re: Fallout 3 GotY Edition Next Month Sep 17, 2009, 18:26 Kxmode

Broken Steel and Point Lookout are the only ones even worth getting (BS more than PL)

Agreed! BS is amazing.

17. Re: Fallout 3 GotY Edition Next Month Sep 17, 2009, 18:21 Creston

will they sell all the add-ons on a single disk seperately?

No plans for it so far. They have a disk with Anchorage and The Pitt and one with Broken Steel and Point Lookout. I don't think Zeta is coming to CD at all. (apart from the GOTY edition).

In any case, Broken Steel and Point Lookout are the only ones even worth getting (BS more than PL), so I'd just get that.

Creston

This comment was edited on Sep 17, 2009, 18:23.

16. Re: Fallout 3 GotY Edition Next Month Sep 17, 2009, 16:35 Caveman

I already own Fallout 3 regular, will they sell all the add-ons on a single disk seperately?  

15. Re: Fallout 3 GotY Edition Next Month Sep 17, 2009, 15:57 Jerykk

I think I may end up renting the 360 version for the single player campaign, and then buying the PC version for the multiplayer, especially on a new rig with Win7 and DirectX 11. Nothing beats multiplayer on a PC, especially a brand new one running at 60fps.

I don't get it. If you're going to buy the PC version anyway, why bother renting it for 360?

14. Re: Fallout 3 GotY Edition Next Month Sep 17, 2009, 15:33 Prez

In an effort to balance out the statistics a mite, I henceforth will be buying multi-platform releases on PC and then pirating them for consoles. Who's with me???

Anyone? Bueler?

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

13. Re: Fallout 3 GotY Edition Next Month Sep 17, 2009, 15:18 Verno

I've played Red Faction Guerrilla on all three release platforms sir. Maybe he didn't necessarily buy it on both hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.  

Playing: Divinity Original Sin, Infamous Second Son, Madden
Watching: Spartan, Possible Worlds, The Changeling

12. Re: Fallout 3 GotY Edition Next Month Sep 17, 2009, 14:55 Zyrxil

Why would you play the same game on a different platform for 6 hours of single player?

This comment was edited on Sep 17, 2009, 14:56.

11. Re: Fallout 3 GotY Edition Next Month Sep 17, 2009, 14:28 G-Snake

Yeah I'll be going down the same road. Probably gonna buy a relatively new bare bones PC (coming with Win7 installed) and just buy a separate video card (DX11).

Not to go too off topic here, but I'm torn between the 360 and PC version of CoD Modern Warfare 2. I think I may end up renting the 360 version for the single player campaign, and then buying the PC version for the multiplayer, especially on a new rig with Win7 and DirectX 11. Nothing beats multiplayer on a PC, especially a brand new one running at 60fps.

10. Re: Fallout 3 GotY Edition Next Month Sep 17, 2009, 13:40 Nameless Again

Pre-ordered mine awhile back. As was previously stated on an earlier thread, Amazon has it for 46.99 pre-order, plus you get a $5 credit for some MP3's. Looking forward to playing this one, once I get Win7 x64 installed, as that will be coming a week later.  

9. Re: Fallout 3 GotY Edition Next Month Sep 17, 2009, 13:22 Kxmode

Ray are you referring to Fallout: New Vegas?  

8. Re: Fallout 3 GotY Edition Next Month Sep 17, 2009, 12:52 Ray Marden

At least thus far, Mothersthip Zeta should be the least Bethesda DLC for Fallout 3. There was talk of a sixth DLC, but that is scrapped, going third-party, or being rolled into the next game.
I hope the next game has more sense of discovery or meaning.
Most disappointed in the lifeless MZ ,
Ray

Everything is awesome!!!
http://shoutengine.com/GarnettonGames/
I love you, mom.

7. Re: Fallout 3 GotY Edition Next Month Sep 17, 2009, 12:27 Kxmode

everything but Zeta is on disk.

"The Game of the Year edition of the original game plus all five DLC packs is due for all platforms on October 13"

26 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo