Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Majesty 2: The Fantasy Kingdom Sim Demo

The playable demo for Majesty 2: The Fantasy Kingdom Sim is now officially available, though the sample of 1C:Ino-Co's fantasy-themed RTS sequel apparently slipped through a crack and leaked onto the internets already. A Paradox Interactive tweet indicates the leaked demo and the official release are not identical, though it is not specified how they differ. Downloads of the demo are available from ComputerGames.ro, FanGaming, Gamer's Hell, and Strategy Informer. Also, there are new demo tutorial movies for the game on the YouTube, here's part 1 and here's part 2.

View
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

9. Re: Majesty 2 Demo Sep 15, 2009, 19:10 Nate

Pfft, that 75 day level wasn't that difficult. You can always make it easier if you play the game at half speed. As with all RTS, single player difficulty = game speed.

Build 2 of each of the critical guilds: 2 warrior guilds, 2 ranger guilds, 2 healer guilds. Establish both northern trade routes after killing all of the level 1 spawns in the north. You'll be rolling in money. Form up parties. The bear-ish creatures will take down your buildings quickly, put cheap attack flags on them before they get close.

The demo is amazingly fun. I'm quite happy I had already pre-ordered a while ago.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: Majesty 2 Demo Sep 15, 2009, 18:39 Rhett

I'm curious too, but the filesize is pretty similar... Maybe the tutorial's lengthier? Or maybe they're just having hindsight and covering the fact that it was leaked, and that the "official" one is better... *cough*  

7. Re: Majesty 2 Demo Sep 15, 2009, 17:23 Prez

Is this demo markedly different from the one that came out earlier?  

Goodbye my Monte boy. May you rest in the peace you never knew in life.

6. Re: Majesty 2 Demo Sep 15, 2009, 16:32 Tomas

It's not so much that you're supposed to lose as it is just amazingly difficult. If you didn't play the first majesty (and were good at it) then you probably won't be able to finish that second level. It's designed to kick your butt. Some of us though have finished it.

Oh, and if you want to cheat you can too. The save game files are easily edited if you're having too much trouble but want to see some more stuff.

I actually wish there was one more level though...it's a most likely buy for me at this point. I absolutely loved the first one.

5. Re: Challenging Sep 15, 2009, 16:31 Rhett

Yes, you're supposed to lose the second level though someone in the other thread did indeed beat it... Just requires you to be very quick on destroying the ogre dens and anything near you, as well as establishing trade routes.

Cheers

4. Re: Challenging Sep 15, 2009, 14:56 Frijoles

Someone posted in the other thread that you're supposed to lose one of the levels. Dunno if it's the one you're on.  

3. Challenging Sep 15, 2009, 14:03 joe2tiger

I wish I didn't suck at this game so much. The 2nd level always kicks my ass with it getting more and more difficult over time.  

Carl Sagan wrote:
Who are we? We find that we live on an insignificant planet of a humdrum star lost in a galaxy tucked away in some forgotten corner of a universe in which there are far more galaxies than people.

2. Re: Majesty 2 Demo Sep 15, 2009, 11:34 peonjohn

yeah, im gonna get this game as soon as i figure out whats causing these glitches i get in the demo. 95% of the time im playing there is this bright white haze that sits over everything like an extreme bloom effect and also the little creature dwellings shoot out black boxes which i guess should be smoke or something.  

1. Re: Majesty 2 Demo Sep 15, 2009, 11:05 Frijoles

Hopefully Steam gets this up. I'm pretty lazy these days and need the 'Install Demo' button.  

9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo